Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 267 268 [269] 270 271 ... 602

Author Topic: Deviation-22. The End of All Things.  (Read 528973 times)

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
Re: Deviation-22 (Sci-Fi RTD) Ch. 2 Immortality and crazy, lots of crazy.
« Reply #4020 on: June 13, 2011, 11:38:13 pm »

Wait for the alpha to givehis postion away by firing, then let him have it, over-charge the javelin by 3
Harry, keep moving closer, Doc Fire once the alpha fires
You really can both sig it.
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
« Reply #4021 on: June 17, 2011, 11:01:30 am »

Hey, Taric, you got life insurance?
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4022 on: June 17, 2011, 11:09:02 am »

I've insanity insurance. Why? Am I the target and I'm dead aren't I?
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4023 on: June 17, 2011, 11:16:39 am »

I've insanity insurance. Why? Am I the target and I'm dead aren't I?

You're not dead yet, you're health and armor were high when you started. If you were an NPC you'd be dead, but PCs have contractual critical resistance.
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4024 on: June 17, 2011, 11:17:47 am »

Well, at least that's over then. Though when that bastard fires again I'll be dead right?

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4025 on: June 17, 2011, 11:21:55 am »

Maybe, maybe not.

If he scores another critical you'll be down into Mortally Wounded, if he doesn't you'll just be very badly wounded.
---

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4026 on: June 17, 2011, 11:25:46 am »

So, not for another 2-3 volleys then?

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4027 on: June 17, 2011, 11:29:30 am »

*Shrugs*

Unless someone shoots you, your gun explodes, he gets lucky, you bleed out, etc.
---

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4028 on: June 17, 2011, 12:18:01 pm »

Spoiler: Initiative (click to show/hide)

Immortal 2

Pulling the rifle in the Immortal fires a burst of slugs directly into the light Damn left behind. [Marksman 4+1-1] [light Armor 2] The handlight jumps off the log trailing sparks, flickering fitfully [Luck 2] before it dies completely.

(Handlight has been damaged beyond use)

---

Ashley Fey

Wait for the alpha to givehis postion away by firing, then let him have it, over-charge the javelin by 3
Harry, keep moving closer, Doc Fire once the alpha fires

You continue holding fire, waiting for the perfect moment to cut the Immortal into ribbons.

---

James Evan

SHOOOT MOAR WHILE YELLING LOUDLY RAEG!

You wave your SMG around and scream defiance into the darkness, [Intuition 2, No bonus] [Quickshot 4-3-2+1] the SMG being a short range weapon for discrete interventions doesn't fair so well in a long distance firefight. If any of your spikes hit, nobody noticed. Still, you you continue yelling, trusting in God to protect your completely unarmored form from whatever hideous injury is coming to you.

---

Immortal Alpha

The alpha makes a few last adjustments to the aim of the heavy launcher before pressing the firing stud, loosing a flechette canister at Taric. [Intuition 5, +1 bonus] [Marksman 6+2+1-3] The Immortal's aim is unerring, and the stubby rocket flies straight for where Taric, Ashley and Jordan are taking cover. [Reflex 3, -Neg-, -Neg-, Negated for both Jordan and Ashley Aiming]  [Explosion 4+2 Taric, Explosion 4+1 Jordan, Ashley] [Confirm Critical 5 Vs Taric Armor 2, Confirmed] [Ashley Armor 1, Jordan Armor 5]

The canister detonates, spraying lethal shrapnel in a cone across the remains of the bench fort. Taric is the first and hardest hit, bright blood flying from where the killing razors slice through his armor. [Armor -16 Hp -48, In severe pain, Razors lodged in flesh]  Ashley's armor is pierced in several places by the blast, though the razors deal only scrapes across her actual flesh. [Ashley Armor -26, HP -2 (Armor damage taken increased due to bad roll)] Jordan's armor takes the brute of the damage, but without the heavier plates of Ash and Harry's armor some damage inevitably bleeds through. [Jordan Armor -18 Hp -6]

---

Ashley Fey (Delayed Action)

Though your armor is torn the damage isn't severe enough to make you lose your aim, and you fire upon the Immortal the instant you're sure of your aim. [Marksman 1] [Luck 1 <.<] (Charge -8) Pain sears up your arm as something goes wrong with the implant itself, it fades quickly as the implant shuts down to protect both of you, but you don't think you'll be able to use that implant again until it's repaired.

(Javelin Implant Damaged, requires repair.)

---

Immortal 1

After the other Immortal blasts the light there seems to be little point in continuing bombardment on the log, so the Immortal switches to the only other logical target, the strange screaming man. [Intuition 3+1, Target making noise: +1] [Quickshot 2-3+1+1] Thankfully for James the Immortal misses, trying to track a target solely by sound is no easy feat.

---

Tarran Smith

"Shit, jesus christ." Continue advancing. Faster pace now.

You continue moving forwards, sacrificing a little bit of stealth for speed. [Dex 4+1][Stealth 3+1-1] You dart forwards, trying to keep the noise down as much as you can. With skill and a bit of luck you think you've closed most of the distance.

---

Harry Nakamuno

Harry continues to circle around from the opposite side as Tarran, [Dex 2] slowly making his way around the other side.

---

Taric Sizier

Continue probing their minds. Reload first though.

Your ears are ringing and you're more than slightly bloody now, still you attempt to reload your rifle. [Dex 4+1-1] The razors that haven't left your body yet cause you some difficulty as you insert a new power cell and change the mag but you manage it without dropping anything. [Will Auto-success through perk] Pushing pain aside you prepare to steal another mental peak at your assailants... there had to be an easier way. [Empathetics 4] The minds are linked somehow, two brains functioning in a single nervous system... The link has something to do with their armor, you aren't sure what though. [Failed roll not shown]

---

Jordan Grey

Recovering from the blast later than Ashley Jordan still tries to pull off a shot on the Alpha. [intuition 3+1: +1 bonus] [Markman 3+1+1+1-3] The beam clips the immortal, the focus burning [Armor 1] a deep gash in the thing's armor. (Alpha Armor -19)

---

Dominique Wakeman

Dominique continued moving as quietly as she was able. Once she was close enough... that was when she would open up on the bastards with the Jormungandr. For now, best not to tip her hand.

You follow behind Tarran [Dex 3], deftly avoiding the gooey corpse and covering a fair bit of the rotting ground as you move to flank the Immortals.

---

Status Warnings
Taric is at <50% Health
Taric has multiple negative status effects

Range Changes
Tarran is at Short range with the Immortals
Dominique and Harry are at mid range

Lighting Changes

Except for energy weapons fire and sparks there is absolutely no light left in the room.

Turn Notes
Dominique is moving into position behind Tarran
Tarran Flanking the Immortals
Taric is getting blood everywhere, has a couple razors embedded in him, and is in no small amount of pain.
Ashley is learning the drawbacks of implants
Jordan is Aiming and firing on the Alpha
James is firing bolts about willy nilly while screaming.
The Alpha is Aiming and blowing chunks out of people.
Immortal 2 has destroyed the handlight
Immortal 1 trying to shoot james
Harry is glacially making his way up the western flank.

Spoiler: Enemies (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Ashley Fey (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Companions (Ashley) (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Domninique Wakeman (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Taric Sizier (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Tarran Smith (click to show/hide)

Spoiler:  James Evan (click to show/hide)

---

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4029 on: June 17, 2011, 12:22:24 pm »

Ah, the benefit of insanity. I'm one part supersoldier, rest human (For now >:3)

Keep prying open the minds. Get down so I don't get shot again.

Ahra

• Bay Watcher
  • Immoveable, Indestuctible
    • View Profile
« Reply #4030 on: June 17, 2011, 12:23:57 pm »

Ah, the benefit of insanity. I'm one part supersoldier, rest human (For now >:3)

Keep prying open the minds. Get down so I don't get shot again.
fixd
And then the horror hits: This was just spring.
We are SOooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo fucked.
Quite fucked indeed.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4031 on: June 17, 2011, 03:39:19 pm »

Oh wow, Taricus got some bad luck.

Also, Powder, STOP WASTING YOUR GODDAMN AMMO AND HELP US.

Spray the area I think they're at with Jormungandr rounds.
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4032 on: June 17, 2011, 03:40:14 pm »

Could've been much worse if it was you. You don't get free will passes :3

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4033 on: June 17, 2011, 03:43:43 pm »

But I still have an additional 5 points of max Health and Stamina so hah. :P

Also... I just noticed I'm holding 3 Chimeras... which is silly. Why was my past self so silly? Oh well, the second I get a chance I'm dropping them.
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4034 on: June 17, 2011, 03:45:47 pm »

Your past self thought that he could sell them.
Pages: 1 ... 267 268 [269] 270 271 ... 602