Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 256 257 [258] 259 260 ... 602

Author Topic: Deviation-22. The End of All Things.  (Read 528715 times)

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Deviation-22 (Sci-Fi RTD) Ch. 2 Immortality and crazy, lots of crazy.
« Reply #3855 on: May 30, 2011, 05:11:03 pm »

The distortion rifle.

First things first: The inspiration of this weapon.

If you read the link, good. Otherwise I'll put the basics of it here. A rifle as accurate as a sniper using thin needles in large numbers to eliminate the target. The magasine would hold tens of thousands of rounds, though the individual rounds themselves are weak they come out VERY quickly.
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3856 on: May 30, 2011, 05:14:35 pm »

The distortion rifle.
Ahhh, that gun. It was so underused (like, one turn) that I've kinda forgotten about it. I wonder if it'll ever suddenly pop up in a random closet and I'll find it.

For a second, I thought he was talking about the R113 Plasma Beam weapon I mentioned in my story.
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #3857 on: May 30, 2011, 05:16:03 pm »

We had a shotgun, or rather Trol did. We need to find more, preferably for either Powder, myself, or both of us.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3858 on: May 30, 2011, 05:16:42 pm »

Only use shotguns with explosive rounds ;D

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #3859 on: May 30, 2011, 05:17:57 pm »

You mean Spectre Gear X shotgun with two X level rails and X level explosive rounds? Overheats off one shot but it's pretty effective. Especially if you use Carnage. :3
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3860 on: May 30, 2011, 05:22:16 pm »

More like the shells payload are grenades themselves.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
« Reply #3861 on: May 30, 2011, 05:24:05 pm »

*The Vintage WWIII gun that Tarran had was the Father of these weapons.
Wait, what? Which gun was that?

Damaged Distortion Rifle
Ranged weapon, Single shot
Clip size: 1
2 handed
Average at short range, great at medium, good at long.
Good to incredible damage.
Field generated: 8'' radius
Description: Distortion rifles are weapons that turn gravity against itself on a limited scale, the bubble they generate is a maelstrom gravitational forces quite capable of tearing someone literally into pieces. This one was stolen from a museum restoration room, one of Tarran's buddies fixed it up for him. The damage is still extensive, it can only hold one charge and it takes almost an hour to charge it due to the patch job. Still it is a deadly weapon, and one that Tarran used to great effect during the assassination of Prelate Harold Szero.

Hooo boy. This is what I get for being away for 2 hours. ::)
1-10 what you think of firearms now.

Also, suggestion on improving it would be appreciated.
6/10. It's missing many things: There's not many sniper rifles (but a lot of medium range rifles), machine guns (you know, the big ones that go DakkaDakkaDakka [so far all we've got is assault rifles]), grenade launchers, rocket launchers, plasma weapons, railguns, heavy single-shot gauss/railgun guns, heavy laser weapons, smart auto-targeting guns, and finally conventional shotguns. Essentially, our current armory is based on skirmishing, and there's no real boom-boom guns as far as I can tell.

Working on the grenade and rocket launchers, Sniper rifles are... difficult. Their use is rather limited outside of where they excel, still, I'll do what I can. The trouble with thumper gauss weaponry that can really sling some shit is that the power of the EM field need to propel a ferric slug increases exponentially with speed and size of the projectile, power isn't the problem, it's the fact that you're subjecting all of your gear to regular EMPs. Not good for it. Disposable laser weapons are already in, but they are nearly totally anti-armor, seriously frickin' overkill against humans and human sized critters. Auto targeting? Like the ZF-1 from fifth element?

Shotguns? Shotguns? Of what speakest thou?

First things first: The inspiration of this weapon.

I must now download that. (The game, not the page)
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #3862 on: May 30, 2011, 05:31:20 pm »

Wasn't the Irin a shotgun? Also, those things are too useful to be totally gone in the future...

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3863 on: May 30, 2011, 05:32:46 pm »

I wouldn't count on finding many shotguns with the technocracy with the exceptions of their riot troops.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3864 on: May 30, 2011, 05:50:20 pm »

We had a shotgun, or rather Trol did. We need to find more, preferably for either Powder, myself, or both of us.
Yes, he did.

That's the only one we've encountered so far as far as I can remember. And it isn't even conventional (come on, don't tell me they don't use conventional shotguns anymore). It's like, shotguns are an endangered species.

Anyway, what about Plasma Weapons Draignean? What are your plans (if any) with them?
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #3865 on: May 30, 2011, 08:06:01 pm »

Turn? Please? I don't really care much for the gun talk.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3866 on: May 30, 2011, 10:42:34 pm »

Yes, he did.

That's the only one we've encountered so far as far as I can remember. And it isn't even conventional (come on, don't tell me they don't use conventional shotguns anymore). It's like, shotguns are an endangered species.

Anyway, what about Plasma Weapons Draignean? What are your plans (if any) with them?

Plasma weaponry is just one of those things I wish I could go back and shoot a couple of times, it's pretty damn vague as a weapon. Laser weapons generate plasma in the instant that they make contact, that's a large part of the reason that they have a knockback.

Particle weaponry generates plasma as it superheats and charges the air it flies through and the substances it hits, particle weapons are my plasma equivalent, but I'll look into the science a little more and see if I can't pull anything fun out.

The reason shotguns are an endangered species is that they behave differently than most other ballistic weapons. Ballistics get accuracy buffs and penalties, Energy gets the same to damage.

Shotguns would behave like energy weapons rather than ballistics, or they'd have hybrid modifiers... Nyeh, they make a helluva lot of sense since your primary fighting so far has been room-to-room. Once again I'll see what I can do, but with working on fishes, the Expansion skills, new upgrades, new graphics, work, and sleep.... Time. It may take it.

I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3867 on: May 30, 2011, 10:44:01 pm »

Superheated balls of plasma thrown from a "projector" weapon?

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3868 on: May 30, 2011, 10:47:01 pm »

Superheated balls of plasma thrown from a "projector" weapon?

Containment, after it leaves the muzzel it would attempt to discharge immediately.

Plasma generally comes superheated, depending on your base material.
---

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3869 on: May 30, 2011, 10:51:11 pm »

My idea of plasma (as limited as it is, don't blame me for being an idiot) is blasts of plasma flying as a sort of dense cloud of very hot gas with the center thick enough to cause some impact damage. With beams being a constant stream of the plasma. Or something like that. Whatever comes from the Halo series. I have no idea, I just liek da plasmah.
Pages: 1 ... 256 257 [258] 259 260 ... 602