Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 255 256 [257] 258 259 ... 602

Author Topic: Deviation-22. The End of All Things.  (Read 528720 times)

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Deviation-22 (Sci-Fi RTD) Ch. 2 Immortality and crazy, lots of crazy.
« Reply #3840 on: May 30, 2011, 04:16:14 pm »

Hey, elder god here...

I just like my firearms with a fair amount of realism, is all.
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
« Reply #3841 on: May 30, 2011, 04:18:25 pm »

Hey, elder god here...

I just like my firearms with a fair amount of realism, is all.

1-10 what you think of firearms now.

Also, suggestion on improving it would be appreciated.
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #3842 on: May 30, 2011, 04:22:49 pm »

I'm cool with them. Let's say 7/10? Only a 7 because I'm waiting to get ahold of that flechette launcher. :3
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3843 on: May 30, 2011, 04:24:05 pm »

Well, right now a suggestion I can think of is add-ons being more common, both for us AND the enemy. Stuff like LAMs, UB grenade launchers or bayonets, Modified magazines and Hi-cap energy cells, Different types of munitions (Like Hollow point and AP) and such.
Also some more definition on weapon classes too.

6/10. The tech and such is perfect, though they can get better.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3844 on: May 30, 2011, 04:31:42 pm »

Aight' I've been aiming for 7, too much and you run into the territory of being WAY to lethal. Honestly you guys can probably absorb a few too many bullets, but hey.

One shot, one kill is only fun for a little bit, and then only if you're winning.

Add-ons get... tricky to keep track of, but I'll do what I can to add some. Ammunition, also difficult but doable.

I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3845 on: May 30, 2011, 04:33:29 pm »

Generally you'll want to upscale the armour with the weapons. Though I have one weapon idea that'll put the Ichneummon to shame.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #3846 on: May 30, 2011, 04:34:02 pm »

Maybe you should just BioShock it and only allow 2-3 add-ons per weapon?
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3847 on: May 30, 2011, 04:37:59 pm »

Maybe you should just BioShock it and only allow 2-3 add-ons per weapon?
But that's no fun D: And I was thinking more along the lines of JA2 1.13's NAS, Shitload of attachments (Even scopes with reflex sights mounted on them!)

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #3848 on: May 30, 2011, 04:38:59 pm »

I'm trying to think of it from the GM's perspective. I wouldn't want to keep up with six or seven different attachments for a gun. :(

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3849 on: May 30, 2011, 04:39:32 pm »

True. Maybe let us combine attachments?

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3850 on: May 30, 2011, 04:43:05 pm »

Generally you'll want to upscale the armour with the weapons. Though I have one weapon idea that'll put the Ichneummon to shame.

Of course, and that will continue to happen.

What's your idea? I'll tell you whether it'll fly or not.

I'm trying to think of it from the GM's perspective. I wouldn't want to keep up with six or seven different attachments for a gun. :(

Yeah, bioshock's system was nice. Still, Taric has a point. Argh... Keeping track of seven different mods on one gun though... It'll take a unification system.

I had a thing with pinning people to the wall with the crossbow and then watching them slump as I pulled the bolts out. Reinforced arms, wonderful upgrade.

...I need to play that game again, first game in a long time to actually creep me out.

True. Maybe let us combine attachments?

Same problem, it's not the attachments, it's their modifiers.
---

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3851 on: May 30, 2011, 04:48:17 pm »

Most attachments would only affect accuracy, recoil, magazine capacity or flash/sound suppressing for the appropriate weapons (Snipers not getting many while assault rifles get a decent variety) Attachments would be limited by slots, no slot for an attachment means you can't use it on that weapon.

And the gun I was thinking of is a coilgun, I'll elaborate more if coilguns are feasible in this setting with a high efficiency.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #3852 on: May 30, 2011, 04:49:08 pm »

The crossbow was so much win. :3 Then again I'm just easily amused by ragdoll physics. There's nothing like loading up a Big Daddy corpse with as many mines as you can put on it and using Telekinesis to fling it into another Big Daddy for the OHKO.

Anyway, on-topic, that's more or less what I meant; just let us modify a gun only twice so you don't have to keep up with a ton of bonuses and whatnot. ^^

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3853 on: May 30, 2011, 05:03:35 pm »

Most attachments would only affect accuracy, recoil, magazine capacity or flash/sound suppressing for the appropriate weapons (Snipers not getting many while assault rifles get a decent variety) Attachments would be limited by slots, no slot for an attachment means you can't use it on that weapon.

And the gun I was thinking of is a coilgun, I'll elaborate more if coilguns are feasible in this setting with a high efficiency.

No, uh-uh, never, nope.[/sarcasm]

Dude, Tarran had gauss weaponry literally since the beginning. LMAs are pretty par for the course.

Ripper rifles* that can disrupt gravity along hard enough shears to rip a tank in half and Directed Anti-Matter weapons are some of the experimental weapons that can be used by infantry.

*The Vintage WWIII gun that Tarran had was the Father of these weapons.
---

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3854 on: May 30, 2011, 05:06:43 pm »

Hooo boy. This is what I get for being away for 2 hours. ::)

1-10 what you think of firearms now.

Also, suggestion on improving it would be appreciated.
6/10. It's missing many things: There's not many sniper rifles (but a lot of medium range rifles), machine guns (you know, the big ones that go DakkaDakkaDakka [so far all we've got is assault rifles]), grenade launchers, rocket launchers, plasma weapons, railguns, heavy single-shot gauss/railgun guns, heavy laser weapons, smart auto-targeting guns, and finally conventional shotguns. Essentially, our current armory is based on skirmishing, and there's no real boom-boom guns as far as I can tell.

Dude, Tarran had gauss weaponry literally since the beginning. LMAs are pretty par for the course.
Indeed. Quite a lot of my weapons are gauss now too, as far as I can tell.

*The Vintage WWIII gun that Tarran had was the Father of these weapons.
Wait, what? Which gun was that?
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.
Pages: 1 ... 255 256 [257] 258 259 ... 602