Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 247 248 [249] 250 251 ... 602

Author Topic: Deviation-22. The End of All Things.  (Read 528363 times)

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Deviation-22 (Sci-Fi RTD) Ch. 2 Immortality and crazy, lots of crazy.
« Reply #3720 on: May 28, 2011, 04:34:05 pm »

Guess that's a design flaw of the rifle itself then. too far back and there isn't much of a stock to help with recoil...
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3721 on: May 28, 2011, 04:41:09 pm »

Bah, a little recoil never hurt anyone.

:P

More seriously, though, this is the future. Maybe the recoil has been reduced to tolerable levels? I mean, there is an automatic shotgun (that's currently in existence) that has relatively low recoil. Look at the Youtube video. It's not impossible that the same thing could be used in a rifle, right?
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #3722 on: May 28, 2011, 04:46:13 pm »

^^ The more research we do, the more likely we'll get better weapons...
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3723 on: May 28, 2011, 04:49:02 pm »

Then consider that if it's too far back it'll increase the amount of time required to reload. And I already knew automatic shotguns existed, This is a combination of both. AKA a bullpup automatic shotgun

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3724 on: May 28, 2011, 04:58:49 pm »

Then consider that if it's too far back it'll increase the amount of time required to reload.
I'm pretty sure the reload time difference would be in milliseconds. Try comparing it yourself with your hands. How long does it take you to remove a clip--with your right hand--from a gun same as the Leanashe, and then same as a normal bull-pup, then grab a clip from your left hip, and put it in the gun, both ways. What's the difference? For me, it's very, very little.
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3725 on: May 28, 2011, 05:01:53 pm »

Eh, it still looks odd with the magazine so far back though.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #3726 on: May 28, 2011, 05:03:48 pm »

You could try converting it to a banana clip, it might look better. Just a suggestion. ^^
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3727 on: May 28, 2011, 05:04:47 pm »

30 round STANAG design?

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3728 on: May 28, 2011, 08:02:22 pm »

Eh, it still looks odd with the magazine so far back though.
I agree. Though I just don't see any place to move it to that wouldn't require a butt-load of editing. I can't put it behind the grip (since you wouldn't be able to hold the gun with it there), I can't put it in the front without making it non-bull-pup (and it would make it look weird, too), I can't extend the gun, since it's supposed to be stocky... I just don't have anywhere to put it.

You could try converting it to a banana clip, it might look better. Just a suggestion. ^^
Maybe. Though after quick testing, I doubt I could do so without making it horribly blurry.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3729 on: May 28, 2011, 08:08:15 pm »

You could just extend the stock...

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
« Reply #3730 on: May 28, 2011, 11:22:30 pm »

Guess that's a design flaw of the rifle itself then. too far back and there isn't much of a stock to help with recoil...

Much longer effective barrel though, better accuracy as long as you control your fire. I fell in love with the bullpup design the instant I saw it...

Hell, you're all wearing body armor. Going skins and using assault weapons might cause some problems, but then again it always does. :P

I'm going to start working on the map... Turn should be up, but it might take a bit.

(Tarran, if you could do me a favor and pass that PM I sent you onto serious I'd appreciate it, forgot to save the draft.)
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3731 on: May 28, 2011, 11:55:41 pm »

(Tarran, if you could do me a favor and pass that PM I sent you onto serious I'd appreciate it, forgot to save the draft.)
Got it. Sending it now.

But again, which weapons should I do? If you don't give me any directions, then I'm just going for the easiest first.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
« Reply #3732 on: May 29, 2011, 12:54:34 am »

Got it. Sending it now.

But again, which weapons should I do? If you don't give me any directions, then I'm just going for the easiest first.

Abassy Heavy Pistol (Dom's weapon of choice)

The Frankenstein (Taric's)

Wolfkin Heavy SMG (Harry's) ((The lower right graphic should be a good base for a high-caliber gun like that)

The Fuath riot suppression carbine.

Laelaps energy rifle (Jordan)

But really, any order you like is fine. If it looks cool but doesn't particularly resemble anything then it'll probably become an official gun. :P

Also, Note for the future.

Do not load the crazy dude with the majority of your medical supplies. It's a bad bad plan.
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #3733 on: May 29, 2011, 12:59:52 am »

:3 I'd like to request a drum chamber for it. 'Cause, you know. Magnums. ^^

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3734 on: May 29, 2011, 01:10:41 am »

I guess I could. I'd been planning on cutting off a chunk of one of the six rifles (in that picture I really like) and modifying it. Though it's somewhat low on the list.

The Frankenstein (Taric's)
That could be a problem, because I have no idea what Broadbeams are like, and I have no idea what kinds of horrors Frankenstein would look like. So it's one of the lowest.

Wolfkin Heavy SMG (Harry's) ((The lower right graphic should be a good base for a high-caliber gun like that)
Okay, that's pretty easy. It'll be kinda high on my list. Though, isn't the base graphic good enough or are you asking me because you like my minor edits so much? :3

The Fuath riot suppression carbine.
Problem: I have no idea what it would look like.

Laelaps energy rifle (Jordan)
Having a little trouble finding a weapon that I could open up and give focals. But I'll see what I can do. Mid on my list.

:3 I'd like to request a drum chamber for it. 'Cause, you know. Magnums. ^^
Alright. It'll be kinda hard, but I should be able to do it.

Anyway, I've already finished the Basilisk. I'm kinda satisfied with it, though the energy glow is kinda poor. And I'm working on the Kapre.
Pages: 1 ... 247 248 [249] 250 251 ... 602