Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 246 247 [248] 249 250 ... 602

Author Topic: Deviation-22. The End of All Things.  (Read 528197 times)

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
Re: Deviation-22 (Sci-Fi RTD) Ch. 2 Immortality and crazy, lots of crazy.
« Reply #3705 on: May 27, 2011, 10:12:41 pm »

Go for it, if we're lucky Draignean will get inspired and then we'll have some hot new equipment to use. On the other hand, our enemies might too, but what's a little risk, anyway? We can always kill them and take the guns. :3
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3706 on: May 27, 2011, 11:11:59 pm »

And here it is. I didn't use the circular energy storage because it just didn't seem to... fit, if you know what I mean. Also, it has to be re-sized to very small size to fit anywhere on the damn gun without severe editing. So small, in fact, that it didn't seem realistic. So I made my own, traditional battery.

And I tried to remove a little bit of artifact-ing (AKA Not-quite-bright-white areas which would've proven a pain to work with on a non-white background) from the image. I thought it would take the black background I put it on, but it didn't. Hopefully you should be able to remove the white easily enough if you have to, D.

Also, the MKII-M means: Mark II; it's the second incarnation of the Jormungandr (hope there's nothing wrong with this). The -M means it's the military version (I mean, I highly doubt they're going to equip police/peacekeeper/whateverforces or people in lower-risk areas with a full power version...).

What do you guys think?
« Last Edit: May 27, 2011, 11:16:29 pm by Tarran »
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #3707 on: May 27, 2011, 11:21:29 pm »

I think Taric needs to get off his lazy ass and get to work upgrading us to that, that's what I think. :3
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
« Reply #3708 on: May 27, 2011, 11:37:19 pm »

And I tried to remove a little bit of artifact-ing (AKA Not-quite-bright-white areas which would've proven a pain to work with on a non-white background) from the image. I thought it would take the black background I put it on, but it didn't. Hopefully you should be able to remove the white easily enough if you have to, D.

Keep it on white, I'm pretty damn good at adding transparency and it's hell to add transparency on a black background. That aside,

That. Looks. Awesome.

I've got a few a few more sheets filled with concept weapons if you'd like to try your hand at making a few of the guns...  ;) (Covert begging is not so covert)
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3709 on: May 27, 2011, 11:43:28 pm »

Thank you. And, go ahead. Do note though that I'll be going to sleep likely somewhat soon so I may not be able to do a whole lot. And I'll likely be on a plane for a little while (Several hours or more), since we're going home. So don't expect me to be on for a while. I'm still on for now, though.

Hopefully when I get home I won't have an internet connection that constantly loses connection to Bay12 and regains it!
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #3710 on: May 27, 2011, 11:49:26 pm »

Don't worry, by the time you disembark the plane I'm sure I'll have an all Dom/Ashley swimsuit calender up, each month with a different gun. :3 (Nah, no I won't.)

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3711 on: May 27, 2011, 11:50:20 pm »

Actually, I have to go to sleep right now. Crap.

Oh well, see you guys in a little.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #3712 on: May 27, 2011, 11:54:58 pm »

I'll do my best to keep ya alive if we turn while you're gone. ^^

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
« Reply #3713 on: May 28, 2011, 12:02:54 am »

Right, PM'ed Tarren a copy of the other concept sheets that have slipped into my grasp, you want one serious?
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #3714 on: May 28, 2011, 08:28:31 am »

Sorry, I got tired and went to bed too. ^^; Uh, yeah, sure. Might as well take a gander at it.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3715 on: May 28, 2011, 02:37:55 pm »

Tarren
>_>

Anyway, woo! I have arrived! I had little sleep (2&1/2 hours to 3 hours[So if I'm a bit loopy then you know why]), spent about 3 hours in a plane (1/2 of that time was spent listening to three babies cry), some time in a car, and some time with my mother and her sisters eating lunch. But, I'm finally here. And wow, that's a lot of guns Draignean.

The only problem is that the art style is different between them. Well, I'll see what I can do nonetheless. I'd prefer it if you could get your hands on more concepts from the same artist of the first one (last page).

Which guns would you want done first? Just wondering.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2011, 03:03:29 pm by Tarran »

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #3716 on: May 28, 2011, 03:28:44 pm »

Also, if you want I think I have some Metal Slug guns lying around. If you want pixel stuff I could see about finding them.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3717 on: May 28, 2011, 04:12:13 pm »

Here's the Leanashe Assault Rifle. With two versions:

The top is a normal Leannashe. The lower is a stripped-down Lite version.

Anyway, the differences from the un-edited version of the image you were using for the Leanashe is as follows:

Bulked up the area beneath the scope. Narrowed the scope. Lowered the size of the end-barrel (seriously, it was freaking huge!), enlarged the clip, and made a few other visual changes.

The Lite version's difference is as follows: Removed scope replacing it with another iron-sight, shaved area below scope a little, removed the area that was covering the clip, removed the large metal top that was right of the scope, removed protection around trigger, and removed some of the bar-things, leaving only just enough for a hand to grip. This makes it quite lighter than it was before, but more prone to damage--it should only be used by people who don't plan on going outside but at the same time need a light weight assault rifle indoors.

Also, the very, very small text says "Whit Co.". Shameless self advertizing from the company that made it.

Also, has anyone else noticed the Leanashe and the Jormungandr's top-right portion looks like the same top-right potion from the Assault Rifle in the Halo series? They look like them to me.

Ed: Fixed and re-uploaded.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2011, 04:24:37 pm by Tarran »

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3718 on: May 28, 2011, 04:15:08 pm »

I think the only problem with it is that the magazine is too far back. Otherwise it's perfect.
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3719 on: May 28, 2011, 04:22:45 pm »

I think the only problem with it is that the magazine is too far back. Otherwise it's perfect.
It's a bull-pup. And the rifle came with that anyway (See last page's set, top middle).

Anyway, scratch that, re-uploading with a better Lite version. The last one was kinda poor with a lot of removal-mistakes. Will edit image.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2011, 04:24:56 pm by Tarran »
Pages: 1 ... 246 247 [248] 249 250 ... 602