Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 244 245 [246] 247 248 ... 602

Author Topic: Deviation-22. The End of All Things.  (Read 527989 times)

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
Re: Deviation-22 (Sci-Fi RTD) Ch. 2 Immortality and crazy, lots of crazy.
« Reply #3675 on: May 27, 2011, 07:07:54 pm »

Hmm. What about subdermal armor, Fallout 2 style?

Very difficult to repair, sub-dermal shield generators are possible, though they'll suck down power.
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3676 on: May 27, 2011, 07:08:06 pm »

How will you sit?
Just move it out of the way?

How will you keep it from being chopped off?
Only using it rarely and quickly?

How will you explain it?
That'll come when I need to explain it.

How will the muscles attach?
Same way other animal's muscles attach?

Will the spine extend through the tail?
A lesser, not vital extension, yes.

How will you strike people with it?
Swing my body one way and swing my tail the other way and into their face? Stab them with it from up close?
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #3677 on: May 27, 2011, 07:24:58 pm »

What, like a xenomorph tail? Anyway, as for subdermal shielding. What we need to power it and how would that work? It sounds like a good idea.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3678 on: May 27, 2011, 07:27:32 pm »

Sit in a chair, if you extended your coccyx the requisite amount for a tail, and made the muscle base strong enough to support the whipping motion needed for a good strike you couldn't sit very easily, you'd need to sidesaddle pretty much every chair.

As for how the muscles attach, look at something that uses its tail as a weapon (and doesn't have an exoskeleton, scorpions don't count because their musculature is screwed to hell and can't be used in a mammal.) think iguana. The second thing is to think about your balance, tails play an important factor with that, and you don't have a lifetime of use in one to compensate. You'll be a newborn kitten testing it's claws for the first time.

The spine is important because of the sheer, mindblowing pain that comes out of spinal injuries that don't cripple. It'll be sensitive, and vulnerable to breaks.

How much coordination does it take to land a snap punch on a moving target? Adding new limbs means you have to learn how to do that kind of thing all over again, with muscles you've never used before in your life, and your species hasn't had in any form for many millennia.

New limbs aren't impossible, but they aren't the best use of the Mutagen.

What, like a xenomorph tail? Anyway, as for subdermal shielding. What we need to power it and how would that work? It sounds like a good idea.

Most implants require you to have an internal capacitor installed, that itself can be recharged with standard energy cells over time. As you live and breathe the capacitor will also gather a portion of your waste energy, very slowly recharging on its own.
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3679 on: May 27, 2011, 07:28:51 pm »

How hard is it to install an internal capacitor?
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3680 on: May 27, 2011, 07:32:27 pm »

What, like a xenomorph tail?
Why not, could be fun.

Sit in a chair, if you extended your coccyx the requisite amount for a tail, and made the muscle base strong enough to support the whipping motion needed for a good strike you couldn't sit very easily, you'd need to sidesaddle pretty much every chair.

As for how the muscles attach, look at something that uses its tail as a weapon (and doesn't have an exoskeleton, scorpions don't count because their musculature is screwed to hell and can't be used in a mammal.) think iguana. The second thing is to think about your balance, tails play an important factor with that, and you don't have a lifetime of use in one to compensate. You'll be a newborn kitten testing it's claws for the first time.

The spine is important because of the sheer, mindblowing pain that comes out of spinal injuries that don't cripple. It'll be sensitive, and vulnerable to breaks.

How much coordination does it take to land a snap punch on a moving target? Adding new limbs means you have to learn how to do that kind of thing all over again, with muscles you've never used before in your life, and your species hasn't had in any form for many millennia.

Well, nevermind then. There goes that plan.
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3681 on: May 27, 2011, 07:42:25 pm »

How hard is it to install an internal capacitor?

Difficult to just do, but with the proper facilities, ORS, etc. You might be able to do it.

Then there's a chance that you body will reject the implant, leading to ten kinds of fun for you. The mutagen can be used to reduce the risk greatly, if that fails then a steady diet of immunosuppressants can also inhibit the symptoms until you can dig it out.

What, like a xenomorph tail?
Why not, could be fun.

Well, nevermind then. There goes that plan.

It's possible, and it could be useful. Tail though isn't the most useful adaptation for our bodies. Regenerating sub-dermal armor (much easier to make it biological and maintained by the body than to have plates implanted), heightened metabolism, reflex enhancements, etc...

Implants are for macro work, the mutagen is for the micro.
---

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3682 on: May 27, 2011, 07:45:59 pm »

Well then, looks like I've my work cut out for me.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3683 on: May 27, 2011, 07:49:04 pm »

Well then, looks like I've my work cut out for me.

Focus on getting past the The Voice's Immortals first.
---

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3684 on: May 27, 2011, 07:50:50 pm »

Point. After that though... :D

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #3685 on: May 27, 2011, 07:56:53 pm »

"Those who have joined huh? If your immortality is the dream crap, consider no deal. I don't choose the second option either. I choose shoot your butt, complete with beatings. Guys, toss me an ORS sac please." James got ready for WCOMBAT!

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3686 on: May 27, 2011, 08:05:08 pm »

"Those who have joined huh? If your immortality is the dream crap, consider no deal. I don't choose the second option either. I choose shoot your butt, complete with beatings. Guys, toss me an ORS sac please." James got ready for WCOMBAT!

Dude.

The radio is off.

And it isn't the dream crap.

Edit: Oh Christ.

This means I may need to find renders for your guns, so I can do the whole display health, ammo, current weapon shenanigan.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2011, 08:11:12 pm by Draignean »
---

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #3687 on: May 27, 2011, 08:13:26 pm »

James dun know that.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3688 on: May 27, 2011, 08:16:50 pm »

This means I may need to find renders for your guns, so I can do the whole display health, ammo, current weapon shenanigan.
I can do the guns if you want. I'm decent to great with inanimate objects.

Also, how useful would carapace armor be?

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3689 on: May 27, 2011, 08:42:39 pm »

I can do the guns if you want. I'm decent to great with inanimate objects.

Also, how useful would carapace armor be?

Very, it's stronger than heavy combat armor, less encumbering, and it regenerates. Still, even if it survived this fight you would NOT want this stuff.

Trust me on this one.

I think I've got a few things that could work, if I need anything new I'll definitely tell you. :P

---
Pages: 1 ... 244 245 [246] 247 248 ... 602