Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 207 208 [209] 210 211 ... 602

Author Topic: Deviation-22. The End of All Things.  (Read 528680 times)

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Deviation-22 (Sci-Fi RTD) Ch. 2 The fail is strong.
« Reply #3120 on: May 09, 2011, 09:04:54 pm »

1. No.
2. Yes.
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
« Reply #3122 on: May 09, 2011, 11:15:08 pm »

1. No.
2. Yes.

Alright, you must read the good books, penned by Douglas Adams. Your ability to grasp my humor will increase by 42%.

Actually working on the turn now.
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3123 on: May 09, 2011, 11:18:18 pm »

I would, but the fact is I spent so much time on the forums that I don't do much else...

EDIT: Curse you for running the turn right as I'm about to get some sleep :P
« Last Edit: May 09, 2011, 11:20:05 pm by Taricus »

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3124 on: May 10, 2011, 12:02:48 am »

Actually working on the turn now.
I challenge that with me working on my turn too, suck'ah.

EDIT: Curse you for running the turn right as I'm about to get some sleep :P
Don't worry, it'll be there when you wake up.

...or will it? :P
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3125 on: May 10, 2011, 12:31:25 am »

Spoiler: Initiative (click to show/hide)

Tarran Smith

Slowly stalk closer to the cloud, ready to make a sneak attack on the Deadheads within.

You turn around and stalk back to cloud of smoke from the grenade. [Auto-success] Being a dense pall of smoke you manage to sneak closer.

(Distance Changed to Short)

---

NE Group

The deadheads outside of the cloud of smoke charge the nearest people, which happen to be Tarran and Taric. [Dex 3] While not gainly they're on top of them in moments. [Acid Effect 2] The deadheads continue melting but it looks like it's wearing off.

---

SE Group

[Luck 4, 4, 4] By a miracle all three of the of the deadheads actuall manage to find either James or Trol. [Targeting 2, 5, 3] (Trol, James, James) The first attacks Trol, swinging a large rock at his head. [Melee 2+1 Vs Dodge 5] Trol ducks out of the way, and the second slashes past him finding James in the Smoke.

The corrupted deadhead attacks, swinging a knobby hand in long arc. [Melee 2+1 Vs Dodge 2] [Brawling 4+1] It hits him in the side of the neck, knocking him sideways painfully and directly into the strike of the third. (James Health -8 stamina -8) It slashes at him with thick and elongated nails, [Melee 5 Vs Dodge 6] James recovers perfectly though, making a counter-swing [James Melee 3 Vs Deadhead Dodge 4] that just misses in the smoke.

---

Trol Grane

Follow the group.

The group is pinwheeling like a flock of sparrows but you rush out of the pall of smoke, [Luck 4] [Dex 3] you're a little off course, but you can see Taric and Tarran Forward and left as you stagger out of the smoke cloud.   

(Distance Changed)

---

Dominique Wakeman

Dom pulled out the Abassy and switched on the laser sight. Now that we're not surrounded... she thought, taking a shot at Corrupted Deadhead 3.

You draw the heavy pistol, [Quickshot 5+1, Confirm Critical 3 Vs Deadhead soak 1, Confirmed] putting a green dot on the clone's head and firing. The back of the man's head explodes in gore, bits of machinery, and sparks.

(Deadhead 3 has been killed.)

---

NW Group

[Luck 2, 1, 4] Two of the deadheads are completely lost in the smoke, one mistakenly targeting the other. [Melee 1 Vs Dodge 2] It misses its intended by hair thanks to incredibly bad AI, it's not easy being a fungus/clone/machine. The last of them also fails to find James, but he does it less spectacularly.

---

SW Group

[Luck 4, 6, 2] Two more deadheads bumble aimlessly through the smoke, doing nothing effective, one of them though does find James and attacks. Throwing a spiky arm into his chest, [Melee 2 Vs Dodge 3] James sees it in time and leaps backwards and is lost in the dense smoke.

---

Taric Sizier

"This is much better" Take aim at the unconcealed deadheads.

They're very nearly on top of you but you have your sights on the first in a second.

---

East Group

[Luck 2, 5] Jame's luck is running cold, and another one of the Corrupted Deadheads finds him. Slashing another set of those grotesque fingernails at him. [Melee 6+1, Confirm critical 3 Vs dodge 2, Confirmed] The claws catch him on the throat, tearing bloody furrows and gripping tight, choking him.

(James Health -25, James Bleeding, James is Suffocating and will pass out and start taking additional damage in two turns.) 

---

James Evan

Gah, run too! James decided it would be smarter to run now.

Running would be smart, however you happen to be in an extraordinarily painful chokehold. [Strength 4+1 Vs Strength 4+1] [Luck 6] You try and force him back but the thing's strength rivals yours, so you punch it in the head instead, it works surprisingly well and it drops like a brick. Problem, it's hasn't let go and it drags you down to the ground with it.

(Deadhead 14 has been killed, James is on the ground)

At a glance status:

Warnings:

Jame's Health is below 50%
Trol only has 5 turns until he begins taking sanity penalties.

Location Changes:

Trol is outside the smoke grenade effective cloud.

Cover and concealment

Deadheads 4-14 are concealed in a smoke cloud
James Evan is concealed in a smoke cloud

Spoiler: Enemy (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Domninique Wakeman (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Taric Sizier (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Tarran Smith (click to show/hide)

Spoiler:  James Evan (click to show/hide)
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
Re: Deviation-22 (Sci-Fi RTD) Ch. 2 James' Luck Sucks
« Reply #3126 on: May 10, 2011, 12:38:12 am »

WOOO! A GOOD INITIATIVE ROLL! Finally, I usually have horrible luck with those things.

(Free action) Sleipnir both Deadheads in the NE group.

(Main action) Sleipnir the remaining one/both of them if one/both of them survive.
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #3127 on: May 10, 2011, 01:44:09 am »

Shit, they're all in the smoke. I should've thought that through a little better... Well, wait. Maybe I can get rid of the smoke. Focusing her kinetic powers, Dom attempted create a wind to blow the smoke away and reveal the dead heads.

I have... no idea if this is possible or what it would even take, but I might as well give it a shot, right?
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3128 on: May 10, 2011, 04:28:39 am »

Open fire!

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #3129 on: May 10, 2011, 06:18:18 pm »

"GAH!" James pried the thing's hands off of him, or tried. To the best of his abilities. He then got up and took out his Renfield, preparing to stay back and shoot nany deadheads coming at him, rather than get into melee.

Trollan

• Bay Watcher
  • O hai!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3130 on: May 10, 2011, 06:34:06 pm »

"Penguin Jeans!!" Trol shouted as he ran away in sheer terror.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3131 on: May 10, 2011, 07:49:15 pm »

"Penguin Jeans!!" Trol ran at James, tossing an ORS pack onto him, then yanking him up and running.

You can't see him and at this point are unaware of his injuries, he's lying down in a smoke cloud you'd have to roll a five or better to just find him on the first try from the outside.
---

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #3132 on: May 11, 2011, 06:34:21 pm »

23-hour bump requesting you just have Trol try saving James anyway. :3
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3133 on: May 12, 2011, 01:30:19 pm »

Sorry guys, Seriously SERIOUSLY busy until about the middle of next month. Update and my turns in pretty much everything else will come later today. Updates may be slow for a bit (Unfortunate considering you're in combat).
---

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3134 on: May 12, 2011, 01:42:22 pm »

Well, as long as you're still alive.
Pages: 1 ... 207 208 [209] 210 211 ... 602