Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 201 202 [203] 204 205 ... 602

Author Topic: Deviation-22. The End of All Things.  (Read 528847 times)

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
Re: Deviation-22 (Sci-Fi RTD) Ch. 2 Dom is strong, Trol is Unlucky.
« Reply #3030 on: May 03, 2011, 10:20:50 pm »

It's larger than Virtue and several times longer.

And it glides.
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3031 on: May 03, 2011, 10:22:03 pm »

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF-

Well, crap.

Get ready for anything, keep my Assault out.
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Trollan

• Bay Watcher
  • O hai!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3032 on: May 03, 2011, 10:23:48 pm »

"BEAVERS! NYANNYANNYANNYANNYANNYAN!" If something pops out, run.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #3033 on: May 03, 2011, 10:29:15 pm »

"Damn, I can't remember which way we were heading before that thing Teague did," Dom muttered as she knelt, touching the ground at her feet. "No luck with that radio, huh?" She stood and brushed the dirt off the knees of her uniform. "We should've marked the trees on our way or something, that was pretty dumb of us not to think about it," she said. I should've sprayed 'em with acid or something. Then we'd at least have a trail back. I guess one way's as good as any other.

Both James and Tarran mentioned being watched. "Yeah, well, whatever it is, let's just leave it alone. We all saw how well it turned out the last time we shot first and asked questions later. If it does attack us though I'll blow its brains out." Dom took out her heavy pistol and gestured with it. "We were probably coming from this way. Let's go."
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3034 on: May 03, 2011, 10:33:33 pm »

Just wondering, Serious, what happened to your avatar?
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3035 on: May 03, 2011, 10:35:52 pm »

Same here. Let's keep moving while we're still able.

Just wondering, Serious, what happened to your avatar?
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #3036 on: May 03, 2011, 10:36:06 pm »

I'm keeping my avatar. Ish awesome. Thanks, SeriousConcentrate.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #3037 on: May 03, 2011, 10:53:02 pm »

Nothing, just not using one until I find/make one I like. Thanks back, Powder Miner.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3038 on: May 04, 2011, 04:36:46 pm »

Guess I should run the turn after I stop holding up all these other RTDs from my lack of turn.
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3039 on: May 04, 2011, 04:39:41 pm »

Yes, do so, I may get the will to actually do something if you do.

Also, it would be nice for an update to imperfect too.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #3040 on: May 04, 2011, 04:50:25 pm »

Jeez, you two, always with the poking each other. ;D Sometimes I wonder if the only reason either of you update is to spite the other one.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3041 on: May 04, 2011, 04:51:13 pm »

Hey, as long as it means they update a bit faster.
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #3042 on: May 04, 2011, 04:53:37 pm »

True, true. Nothing like an arms race to get things moving. ^^

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3043 on: May 04, 2011, 04:57:14 pm »

Too busy right now for imperfect :( , going to run this turn, catch an hour or two of sleep, and get back to work on RL stuff. All hail the summer of -Insert favored invective-!
---

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3044 on: May 04, 2011, 05:50:03 pm »

Spoiler: Initiative (click to show/hide)

Tarran Smith

Get ready for anything, keep my Assault out.

You free your assault rifle, this forest was hostile the last time you went through, not like it's suddenly going to become happy and friendly in your brief absence. [intuition 3] You still have the feeling of being watched, even in the brightening light you can't see whatever it is.

---

Trol Grane

"BEAVERS! NYANNYANNYANNYANNYANNYAN!" If something pops out, run.

You prepare to run and scream shrilly at the first available opportunity. [Speech 2] However you don't think you're up to a good pansy screech of terror, it'll have to be a slightly queer exclamation of mild alarm instead.

---

Dominique Wakeman

"Damn, I can't remember which way we were heading before that thing Teague did," Dom muttered as she knelt, touching the ground at her feet. "No luck with that radio, huh?" She stood and brushed the dirt off the knees of her uniform. "We should've marked the trees on our way or something, that was pretty dumb of us not to think about it," she said. I should've sprayed 'em with acid or something. Then we'd at least have a trail back. I guess one way's as good as any other.

Both James and Tarran mentioned being watched. "Yeah, well, whatever it is, let's just leave it alone. We all saw how well it turned out the last time we shot first and asked questions later. If it does attack us though I'll blow its brains out." Dom took out her heavy pistol and gestured with it. "We were probably coming from this way. Let's go."

What will come will come, and if it needs a bullet in its head then you'll put it there, but there's no use jumping at shadows. [Observation 4] You think you see a path of slightly more crushed mold in one direction... [Luck 4] and you cautiously lead the group down it.

---

James Evan

"Ohhhh god. Why do I get the feeling that some monster's about to jump out and maul us? Maaaaybe we should run." James got ready to RUN.

While you follow Dominique you prepare for an all out sprint should anything bad happen, you make a mental note to run away from the aggressors this time instead of in to them. [Stamina 4+1] You psych yourself up for a pretty good burst of movement. (+2 to next mobility roll)

---

Taric Sizier
Same here. Let's keep moving while we're still able.

You follow the rest, keeping an eye out. [Intuition 5+1] By chance you happened to look up one of the trees you're passing in time to see a reptilian green eye blink open and shut again. An eye that is probably twice the size of your head. [Auto-success through perk] Most people would be having incontinence problems by now, you're merely fascinated by the massive creature.

---

Chrysopelea Magnus

The giant flying snake is near the top of the trees, more than two-hundred feet off the ground and is hanging partially out, letting fifty feet of its body hang. You're fairly sure that you read somewhere that snakes this big aren't supposed to exist. Apparently this one didn't get the memo. Then it hits the tree with it's tail, making a loud thwocking noise and it hisses loudly, ear hurting loudly. Then thousands of creatures the size of your fist that you never even saw peel off the tree, swarming away from the giant serpent.

The snake throws itself off the tree in a peculiar way, and its ribs flatten out, obscuring your view of the cloudy canopy as it cuts through the swarm that it stirred. It's massive mouth simply engulfs them as it glides through, the sight seems impossible, and it would be impossible if the gravity was not reduced. [intuition 4] Which brings up an interesting question, how does it survive when the gravity isn't reduced? [Luck 5] Fortunately you don't get to find that out, and the beast continues to glide away, chasing the cloud of formerly tree dwelling beasts.

You feel very lucky that the incredible creature had no interest in you whatsoever.

(The Chrysopelea Magnus has left)
---

All:

Under Dominique's direction you continue through the woods, [Travel roll 2 (Not there yet] [Luck roll 3] [Creature type 1] [Observation roll 4] you continue on the trail, the going is slow though considering that it's been a while, you're all new at this, and it's a damn faint trail. Your encounters with the woodland beasts are short and generally end in them simply walking off, your only notable encounter was a family of mites tending a fungus grove taller than you are. You choose to leave them alone this time.

You think you're on the right track. You are 1-2 turns away. Everyone is starting to feel a little hungry bt is otherwise fine. The weather is darkening.

---
Pages: 1 ... 201 202 [203] 204 205 ... 602