Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 197 198 [199] 200 201 ... 602

Author Topic: Deviation-22. The End of All Things.  (Read 528932 times)

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
Re: Deviation-22 (Sci-Fi RTD) Ch. 2 Dom is strong, Trol is Unlucky.
« Reply #2970 on: May 01, 2011, 11:23:51 pm »

ooc: Moving this along quickly for great justice.

The woman dips her head to Tarran's confusion, the corners of her mouth twitching in humor before she speaks. "They're filter leeches, funny that you don't know what they are, and of particular relevance to this meeting." She leans forward, steepling her fingers and smiling kindly. "My associate tells an interesting story... That you arrived at night, being chased by ants, demanded to be let in, then told us that you were part of a terrorist organization shortly before you bashed a member of your own off of the wall." She leans back, pausing to take a drink from a small metal cup. "Would you care to elaborate on that?"
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2971 on: May 01, 2011, 11:37:53 pm »

Cover names listed: Dom as Alex. Taric as Tardan. Teague as Landson. James as Johnson.

"We were ill of mind; we encountered some spore breathing creature that had various hallucinogens in said spores. The result varied between each of us: I thought I was with a group of terrorists, Alex and Johnson here became overly aggressive, to Tardan it had no visible affect, and for Landson it made him completely insane. Afterwards, we were chased around here by ants, before we got to here."

*Hopes for a good lie roll*
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #2972 on: May 01, 2011, 11:41:40 pm »

"Yeah, Landson was completely uncontrollable," Alex said. "Maybe I went a bit overboard when I tried to subdue him but I was trying to stop him from killing one of your people. The poor bastard was pretty far gone."

I wouldn't think a lie roll is necessary for Dom's statement since the only thing she's saying that's false is Landson instead of Teague. :p
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2973 on: May 01, 2011, 11:59:34 pm »

ooc: Dom has stumbled on a by-rule, if you can lie without lying you get a +2 to your lie roll if it's big enough to be applicable.

[Tarran Lie 5+1 Vs Detect lie 5, 4+1] Even while both of the individuals are normally suspicious, Tarran delivers his evidence with charm and style. Even the fact that he's still filthy as Sin manages to get worked into the system of lies somehow. The woman makes a note on the terminal, giving the man an opportunity to speak. The very same man who led the colonists on top of the wall. "Right, that explains why you were crazy as hell. Now, what were you doing out there and where were you from?"

I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2974 on: May 02, 2011, 12:07:17 am »

...Crap, another lie detection roll... hey wait a sec, don't we have arbiter uniforms and they can see them?

"That's classified information."

I shouldn't need to straight out lie, since technically what we're doing is "classified", unchained to civilian, right?
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2975 on: May 02, 2011, 12:12:23 am »

...Crap, another lie detection roll... hey wait a sec, don't we have arbiter uniforms and they can see them?

"That's classified information."

I shouldn't need to straight out lie, since technically what we're doing is "classified", unchained to civilian, right?

That's not a lie no, that's a bluff. Yes, Dom's Arbiter uniform is showing, as are Taric's commanders threads, and Jame's Exarch uniform. Susopicio meter would be soaring.

When I say lie without lying, think of Faerie deals or Aes Sedai speech (Depending on your choice of novels.)
---

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #2976 on: May 02, 2011, 12:16:03 am »

"Sorry, ma'am," Alex added, adjusting her Arbiter uniform. "I can say that our vehicle was damaged and we had to set down in the forest, then hiked here to look for parts. The Unchained were trying to take over a control tower and it got bombarded; we were lucky to escape before the missiles hit."
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2977 on: May 02, 2011, 12:17:52 am »

Well done serious.
---

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2978 on: May 02, 2011, 12:19:26 am »

Wow, we're going to ruin this interrogation utterly unless we get horrible rolls.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #2979 on: May 02, 2011, 12:20:54 am »

I just botched it horribly, didn't I. :-\

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2980 on: May 02, 2011, 12:27:35 am »

No, no, I think it's pretty much a bluff, aside from... the... repairs part... which is a lie, not a bluff...

...And the fact that you just told them half my bluff's "classified" parts.

...Darn it Serious, it was the perfect plan!

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #2981 on: May 02, 2011, 12:33:45 am »

I dunno. Didn't the ship get damaged, or was it only the shields?

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2982 on: May 02, 2011, 12:35:05 am »

The ship was hardly damaged as far as I can remember. And we landed for a different reason: because our AI said so. So I'm pretty sure it's a flat out lie.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #2983 on: May 02, 2011, 12:51:29 am »

I'm going to work under the assumption that if I don't remember the ship wasn't damaged then Dom doesn't know that.  :P I don't think she was ever aware of the extent of the damage since she stayed in the kitchen most of the time. :3

Alex turned to Tolwyn. "We might as well cooperate... some. Give a little to get a little, right?" she said with what she hoped was the right amount of arrogance in her voice. She turned to the woman interrogating them. "I'm Alexia Silva. What's your name?"
« Last Edit: May 02, 2011, 01:38:28 am by SeriousConcentrate »

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2984 on: May 02, 2011, 01:14:41 am »

[Dom Lie 5+2 Half truth (Partial -2)] After Tarran Shuts out the Colonists with a well placed bit of haughty technocrat Dominique comes to the colonists rescue, kindly providing them with the rest of their story in such a way as to make it seem plausible. [Detect lie 5+1, 4+1] Dom's story, delivered well and in almost complete truth works. Both of the people behind the table begin looking very Very uncomfortable, realizing the marks on her uniform.

"Ah, Lady Arbiter... We, this is. Ah. Yes. fuck" The security chief seems to be attempting squirm out of his seat. The colonist leader takes the news with grace, though she manages a sideways glance at her companion.

"We apology for any trouble that has been caused Arbiter Silva, my name is Misha Neira. We will of course be happy to provide anything you require until your transport arrives. If there is anything we can do for the technocracy I would be happy to know of it?"

(Important notes: Both of them know something isn't kosher with the last piece of your story, but both of them believe you are an Arbiter for now. Remember that.)
---
Pages: 1 ... 197 198 [199] 200 201 ... 602