Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 193 194 [195] 196 197 ... 602

Author Topic: Deviation-22. The End of All Things.  (Read 529037 times)

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Deviation-22 (Sci-Fi RTD) Ch. 2 Dom is strong, Trol is Unlucky.
« Reply #2910 on: April 29, 2011, 04:49:01 pm »

"Why not recruit the colonists. The foliage is too thick for airstrikes and a jammer would keep most missles out the way so they wouldn't worry about retribution"
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2911 on: April 29, 2011, 04:49:16 pm »

"Once we get the AI, where should we go?"
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
« Reply #2912 on: April 29, 2011, 05:09:04 pm »

"Recruiting the colonists isn't exactly as easy as giving a speech and asking to sally forth to do battle with the wicked technocracy. They're volunteers, they wanted to colonize new planets, most have a decent opinion of the Technocrats. The foliage does make it difficult for the Technocracy to exercise their air superiority, but all they'd have to do is stop sending this colony medicine. Trust me, in a choice between her child's safety and supporting a revolution that could kill everyone she knows and loves a mother would shoot you and never think twice. We've done what we can and there is a sympathetic faction, but for the most part they don't want anything to do with our war."

"Pretending that you overpowered the guards and escaped might get you out of the colony, but it doesn't leave you with a way back in. This place is the only refuge of humanity for a ways, and the woods are dangerous. Primary animal life is Fungal, reptilian, with a healthy chunk of insects and arachnids, mammals are in the minority, and you're mammals. Pretty much everything has developed a resistance to radiation and is in a symbiotic relationship with a variant of the cordyceps fungus. As for weapons we have a heavy particle cannon that can be mounted on one of our vehicles plus our personal weapons, assault rifles, Sizier's modified beam rifles, pistols and a couple hand cannons."
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2913 on: April 29, 2011, 05:10:51 pm »

"Nice to know that we've one weapon over the techies. And medicine we could make provided we knew how"

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2914 on: April 29, 2011, 05:15:15 pm »

"Nice to know that we've one weapon over the techies. And medicine we could make provided we knew how"

Dude, out of what?

Anyway, one more round of questions if you need it. Then you guys get to rest for a couple hours and you can wake up and get interrogated.
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2915 on: April 29, 2011, 05:16:21 pm »

Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2916 on: April 29, 2011, 05:17:10 pm »

Cordyceps.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #2917 on: April 29, 2011, 05:18:16 pm »

Dom sighed and sat in the far corner of the bench. "I'm leaving this one up to you boss. I'm pretty much out of ideas, but let me know if you need someone beaten." She leaned her head on the wall to her right and closed her eyes, figuring she might as well nap until the interrogator showed up.

None of us is a doctor though. D:
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2918 on: April 29, 2011, 05:20:17 pm »

"You mind giving Teague another go?"

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2919 on: April 29, 2011, 05:24:49 pm »

Damn, missed that one.

"Hopefully back here, it's antiquated but there is a terminal where we could review what it knows. Even if they didn't have it in their system long any information on the technocracy psionic training facilities is useful, especially if we can find links to where they took the voluntary candidates."

Cordyceps.

As I recall that fungus makes an immunosuppressor, not very useful unless you need to perform transplants or grafting. Yes the variant strains would probably have different properties, but you don't have the time, resources, or test subjects to perform those kinds of studies.

"You mind giving Teague another go?"

Doing that last, after everyone has finished just in case...
---

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2920 on: April 29, 2011, 05:26:24 pm »

Talking to dom for that one...

"If you get to that terminal, I will be able to get all the information on it"

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #2921 on: April 29, 2011, 05:27:55 pm »

Dom cracked an eye. "What do you mean? Throw him off a high place again?" she asked.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2922 on: April 29, 2011, 05:29:12 pm »

"Or pummel the crap out of him"

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #2923 on: April 29, 2011, 05:55:46 pm »

"If I have to, I probably should," Dom said, closing her eyes.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2924 on: April 29, 2011, 05:56:29 pm »

"Eh, just hit him when you want to"
Pages: 1 ... 193 194 [195] 196 197 ... 602