Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 179 180 [181] 182 183 ... 602

Author Topic: Deviation-22. The End of All Things.  (Read 529419 times)

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
Re: Deviation-22 (Sci-Fi RTD) Ch. 2 Trol (Finally) has a boss moment
« Reply #2700 on: April 22, 2011, 03:04:21 pm »

Gah, serious, since when did Dom get non-pixel art? It's... kinda creepy now for some reason. :P

Colonizer settlements are on odd mix of old and new, they're made from the cruiser that they landed in, ripped apart and cannibalized for parts. The oldest sections of a colony are generally the highest quality and best material since they were originally part of the vessel, newer buildings are a patchwork of metal and whatever is at hand.
Cruiser? They used a warship to build a colony? Not a Colony Ship? That... doesn't really make sense.
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #2701 on: April 22, 2011, 03:24:07 pm »

It's still pixel art. >.> It's just been sized down from the original. :3

Also I had like four hours yesterday in which I was REALLY bored.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
« Reply #2702 on: April 22, 2011, 06:16:46 pm »

Colonizer settlements are on odd mix of old and new, they're made from the cruiser that they landed in, ripped apart and cannibalized for parts. The oldest sections of a colony are generally the highest quality and best material since they were originally part of the vessel, newer buildings are a patchwork of metal and whatever is at hand.
Cruiser? They used a warship to build a colony? Not a Colony Ship? That... doesn't really make sense.

Old earth didn't pick up a lot of interest in colonizing for a while, but the arms race for who controlled space made for massive fleets of warships. After the need for them had been exhausted with the Technocracy powergrab nearly 95% of the light-heavy cruisers were given overhauls. Cruiser became a general term for these ships around 2180 A.D even though most of them are completely unfit for war. Science vessels, surveyors, colonizers, cargo, etc, were among the hundreds of refits to the old warships, waste not and you'll want for naught. 

Active Military cruisers are now classed with the choirs of angels, Seraphim, Grigori, Ophanim, Cherubim, Elohim, and the Archangel.

Re-purposes cruisers are generally given a one letter and five number designation along with their registered name. (C for colonizer, S for surveyor, X for science, H for haulers. etc) For instance a C-01203 colonizer can be named anything, but the 5 digit number indicates the specifics of the vessel

The first number is the ships range, between 0 and 5. 0 means it has a one shot primary engine that has to be replaced before it can be fired again, 5 can shoot earth to pluto and back twice without a pit stop.
Second number is a vessel's human capacity this is generally in hundreds, rounded down.
Third number is cargo capacity, in hundreds of tons, once again rounded down.
Fourth number is a vessels sensor range and accuracy, between 0 and 5
Fifth number is a vessels durability, between 0 and 5   

I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2703 on: April 22, 2011, 06:22:07 pm »

Oh, that explains things.

I'm still going to smack whoever uses Cruiser for non-warships, though. Proper english guys! :P

Also, POWDER, POST YOUR TURN, I'M GETTING SOMEWHAT IMPATIENT.
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2704 on: April 22, 2011, 06:32:58 pm »

Oh, that explains things.

I'm still going to smack whoever uses Cruiser for non-warships, though. Proper english guys! :P

The English is good, the knowledge would be bad. As an additional tidbit the place you're going to was the C-02213 "Hensfield" before it got cannibalized to make the colony.

Also your use of commas is improper and the word 'english' should be capitalized. :P
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2705 on: April 22, 2011, 06:46:42 pm »

The English is good, the knowledge would be bad. As an additional tidbit the place you're going to was the C-02213 "Hensfield" before it got cannibalized to make the colony.
So, a short range ~>200-man ~>200 ton cargo ship with small sensor capabilities and some armor.

Also your use of commas is improper
Ehhh? Meh, whatever, I never went to English classes. I just use them for small pauses in speech rather than whatever their proper usage is because screw it, it's a freaking dot! :P

and the word 'english' should be capitalized. :P
Good point. It's just for some reason English has stopped being a name for me. No idea why. Must be because it's been used so darn much.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2706 on: April 22, 2011, 06:55:06 pm »

So, a short range ~>200-man ~>200 ton cargo ship with small sensor capabilities and some armor.

Yep, standard design for colonizers. A one-shot engine to point it in the right direction, enough people to start-up, building materials for a while, sensors enough to find it a home, and enough armor to make sure it doesn't get knocked to shreds upon re-entry.
---

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2707 on: April 23, 2011, 12:41:04 am »

*Glares at powder* Since I was denied my ability to make a turn tonight I guess I'll run one on Imperfect instead.

Edit: FTFY!! Ookay, I guess I'll update you are friggin' sammich instead.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2011, 12:43:04 am by Draignean »
---

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2708 on: April 23, 2011, 12:48:22 am »

*Sigh* Just auto both of them (Powder and Talarion). It's not like they are going to do much besides running in either of the games.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2011, 01:06:42 am by Tarran »

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2709 on: April 23, 2011, 01:00:59 am »

Talarion is the one to worry more over, he's the one that could decide to change up the action if he does something zany. Still don't like autoing people besides Trol though. :P

Eh, my insanity has partially been worked out now on You are Detective Sammich, so I guess I could run the turn since I'm an industrious soul unlike some people.

;)

---

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2710 on: April 23, 2011, 01:06:32 am »

Wait, I just noticed, I said Trol instead of Powder.

D'oh.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #2711 on: April 23, 2011, 01:06:55 am »

>:[

I need moar Dev22 today so you'd better run that turn. >.>
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2712 on: April 23, 2011, 01:49:07 am »

Tarran Smith

"Keep going! I'm faster than you anyway! I'll catch up!"

Using my superior dexterity, get back to the group.

Your athletic build [Dex 5+1] soars over the ground in long strides, you pass Dominique in a blur of fleeing captain as you run through the path Taric made at top speed.

---

Dominique Wakeman

"Fine, I'll wait right here, but I'm not moving until you're past me!" She leveled the carbine at the ants and kept an eye on Tarran, ready to spray any that got too close and follow him as soon as he passed her.

Woah, bossman can move when he's being chased. The crackling growth at the edges of the heat walls don't give much light and you can't see the ants anymore. Yet. Reasoning that it's better to run than waste ammunition you follow Tarran, [Dex 4] not quite matching his graceful gallop with your own flat-out run.

---

Taric Sizier

Keep running to hensfield.

[Dex 4] You keep running, extending the fire barrier ahead of the party as you go. [Stamina 4] (-5 stamina) You manage to hit a surprisingly good rhythm between the psionic and physical exertion, even so, you weren't built for this and you can't keep it up forever.

---

Trol Grane

Make a kinetic wall behind us and keep running

It'll fade pretty quickly after you make it if you don't keep concentrating on it but it might keep the ants from getting on the path for a little while. [A.Kinetics 2] (-5 stamina) Doing this while running in the sauna heat of the path isn't easy, and after a couple of seconds of failure you give up and focus on running. [Dex 2] You trip yourself up on the the mats of spongy fungus and fall, scrambling to your feet as fast as you can.

---

James Evan

You keep running, putting distance between yourself and the ants seems the most viable form of defense right now. [Dex 2] Your clumsy streak takes over though and you trip over your own feet, sprawling in the steamy earth. Praying fervently against whatever sins you committed to deserve this from life you get up and keep moving.

---

Devouring swarm

The grisly business of digesting their own done the majority of the swarm starts tracing the spores again, locking onto James' already exposed marks in seconds. The curtain of ants rushes forwards once more, everything else blanked out and overridden by the mite spores. [Swarm Speed 4] The ants move forwards in a flood, crawling over earth, tree, and each other with equal haste.

Ants are two turns away from the rearmost party members at this rate.

---

Nathaniel Hoke

The radio crackles unsteadily on Taric's side and Nathaniel's distorted voice warbles out, [Luck 2] the signal so bad now that only over couple words is understandable. "Where ... hell ... you ... ... Disturban-... Wrong ... Jamm ... signal... ... .. ..." There are more words but you can't understand them through the interference. Something is definitely wrong, your signal shouldn't be anywhere near this bad already.

Spoiler: Enemy (click to show/hide)

STATUS

Warning: James Health below 50%

Taric is fatigued

Trol will take delayed stamina damage next turn.

Spoiler: Domninique Wakeman (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Taric Sizier (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Tarran Smith (click to show/hide)

Spoiler:  James Evan (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: April 23, 2011, 01:52:27 am by Draignean »
---

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #2713 on: April 23, 2011, 01:53:50 am »

"Come on, on your feet!" Dom yelled as she caught up to James. She wrapped a fist in the back of his jumpsuit and hauled him upright, then gave him a slight push forward to get him going again and began running herself.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2714 on: April 23, 2011, 01:58:59 am »

I should point out that there is a very real chance that you will run past the colony. Doing so could be fatal to one or more of you.
---
Pages: 1 ... 179 180 [181] 182 183 ... 602