Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 170 171 [172] 173 174 ... 602

Author Topic: Deviation-22. The End of All Things.  (Read 529667 times)

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Deviation-22 (Sci-Fi RTD) Ch. 2 The AI is about to get slapped
« Reply #2565 on: April 17, 2011, 10:12:11 pm »

Ooohhh. MORE VILLANS PLEASE!

Also, anyone want to take bet on how long it'll take to find Nathaniel's novel?
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
« Reply #2566 on: April 17, 2011, 10:33:03 pm »

Tarran Smith

"Shit! Effing blue shit! Urgh, disgusting."

Pull out me Jormungandr and keep an eye out for further hostiles while following Taric.

You grumble impotently and wait for the rest to get down with their ineffective shenanigans before following Taric, who decided that this would be a nice time for a jog.

---

Trol Grane

"SQUEEEEEEE!!!" wipe it off,and get the fuck outta there

You make the first audible sound since switching bodies, you think it may have alerted the others that all is not well with your head. [Luck 4] You manage to wipe some of it off but the stuff is hideously sticky, you manage not to worsen your situation though.

---

Dominique Wakeman

Dom held her breath and closed her eyes, not wanting to get that strange blue stuff in her mouth or eyes. She then flung herself to the ground and log rolled, hoping to wipe the spores off on the grass. Dammit... strange alien shit... If that didn't work she would just have to apply a small amount of pyrokinesis to the air around her and hope to burn it off. Hopefully she could do that on the move. She got up after a few moments. "We should probably get going, guys, before more weird-ass things show up." I'm always covered in gunk these days, she thought. Hopefully it'll wash out.

You roll on the ground, the lack of anything resembling grass means you get a lot of very rich earth on you. [Intuition 5] You suddenly have a brainwave and scoop more earth on yourself, this stuff isn't burning, and it isn't coming off, so you might as well cover it up.

Mite spores now covered in earth

---

James Evan

"Oh god this is disgusting. Doesn't seem good." James frantically clawed off the goo.

You attempt to remove the goo, [Luck 2] you fail miserable and only serve to smear it more deeply into your clothing and armor. You follow the rest, now thoroughly coated in the strange grime.

---

Taric Sizier

Psionically acivate a gas mask. brush off the spores. Continue moving.

You try to make a gas-mask out of psionic energy, [Active Kinetics 4+1] it works well enough though it inhibits your breathing some. (-2 stamina) It's really a variation an a shield except with a lot of really tiny holes. After watching Teague and Jame's complete lack of success in getting the spores off you decide not to try and brush the spores off though and you jog off the forest.

---

All: Second by second the feeling of being watched intensifies, and then you notice something strange. Maybe a hundred feet out something like black static is moving over the glowing fungus, it grows until it completely covers the faint light. Then it starts with a fungus nearer, looking about you realize that it's happening all around you. The light is fading, [Intuition 4] and you're getting a very bad feeling.

Spoiler: Domninique Wakeman (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Taric Sizier (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Tarran Smith (click to show/hide)

Spoiler:  James Evan (click to show/hide)
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2567 on: April 17, 2011, 10:35:58 pm »

"Stay in formation, Big ugly coming!" Anticipate the arrival of the threat. And copy Dom's idea.

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #2568 on: April 17, 2011, 10:36:38 pm »

"OH GOD!" Roll in ground away as fast as possible, having seen Dom's success in getting it of in the ground.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2569 on: April 17, 2011, 10:39:52 pm »

"Oh shit... Cover! Everyone find some cover!"

Take cover behind something! Roll in dirt to try and cover up the spores, too.
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2570 on: April 17, 2011, 10:40:59 pm »

Cover never works in melee...

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2571 on: April 17, 2011, 10:42:50 pm »

Unless the enemy is a big mother, then cover is one or more blows you aren't taking, which when fighting a big enemy is pretty damn important.
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2572 on: April 17, 2011, 10:45:20 pm »

I think actually being able to dodge the damned thing may be a bit better in CQC.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #2573 on: April 17, 2011, 11:53:25 pm »

Dom raised the Fuath as James, Tarran, and Taric hit the dirt. Maybe it'll work in a more open area like this... she thought. She closed her eyes and attempted to reach out with her kinetics, to feel the movement around her like she attempted on the tower. If she felt where the threat was coming from she would let everyone else know.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2574 on: April 18, 2011, 01:22:53 am »

Ooooh, if I can be a villan later on, that would be FANTASTIC! I would be a GREAT and brutal villan if you let me.  ;D

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2575 on: April 18, 2011, 01:35:26 am »

Since Tarran is all CO and junk I've been toying around with the idea of giving him a couple of exceptional abilities that refresh each chapter just so I can shake things up and grind you guys down a little harder.

Spoiler: Command Abilities (click to show/hide)

Ooooh, if I can be a villan later on, that would be FANTASTIC! I would be a GREAT and brutal villan if you let me.  ;D

Yeah, I have an open villain slot, so PM me your stuff when you're ready.
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2576 on: April 18, 2011, 01:49:34 am »

Oooh, moar powerz for my friendly firez. Yummy.

I'll be sure to have Serious send a ship-destroying shockwave towards you and give her the +4 bonus when we see you. :D

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2577 on: April 18, 2011, 01:54:45 am »

Can you PM me a template for character creation of a villan?

And I'll make sure to mentally cripple your pilot first. Just for kicks. :P

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2578 on: April 18, 2011, 02:00:58 am »

Oooh, moar powerz for my friendly firez. Yummy.

I'll be sure to have Serious send a ship-destroying shockwave towards you and give her the +4 bonus when we see you. :D

Most of these will apply to enemy command units as well.

Can you PM me a template for character creation of a villan?

First page, third post.
---

KineseN

• Bay Watcher
  • [Forumlurker]
    • View Profile
    • Rushvalley Tower Defence
« Reply #2579 on: April 18, 2011, 03:22:18 am »

Ooh, I saw my name! This is gonna be good.

Interactive signature (experimental). Refresh page to update image.
Pages: 1 ... 170 171 [172] 173 174 ... 602