Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 167 168 [169] 170 171 ... 602

Author Topic: Deviation-22. The End of All Things.  (Read 529695 times)

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Deviation-22 (Sci-Fi RTD) Ch. 2 The AI is about to get slapped
« Reply #2520 on: April 16, 2011, 05:48:01 pm »

From Taric's point of view, he really doesn't trust (Or socialize) other people out of shyness. There's a reason it was called a "Trust building exersize"
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #2521 on: April 16, 2011, 06:04:39 pm »

Oh, a trust-building exercise was what was going on? :3 But yeah man, you don't just kill a guy's girlfriend/pseudo-girlfriend and not expect some kind of retribution. Look at Double Dragon 2, for example.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #2522 on: April 16, 2011, 07:15:12 pm »

Strength, melee. Yeah.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
« Reply #2523 on: April 17, 2011, 12:17:32 am »

oh yeah... Still, in real life, would you be that mad if some random one night stand just randomly died?

If your buddy blows the girl you just made love at* in half with a shotgun you're bound to get pissed. He's probably cold enough now to not execute you, he might pirate the ships grav control and crush you to death slowly while recount your every sin though.

*Zap Brannigan reporting for duty!

Running turn now, well after I poke Tarran's RTD of the 2nd page.
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2524 on: April 17, 2011, 12:25:08 am »

Running turn now, well after I poke Tarran's RTD of the 2nd page.
And I'm returning a entirely-unneeded poke (since this is not on the second page) for your poke.

*POKE*
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2525 on: April 17, 2011, 01:54:43 am »

Dominique Wakeman

Dom went to the kitchen to grab some snack bars for the trip, then exited the ship. Good thing I'm well out of that for the moment. Kinda creepy to think about Nathaniel just watching me while I'm asleep. He probably had, too. It seemed like the kind of thing he would do. ...We need to get him some books as fast as possible.

You look for any snack bars you're accustomed too, [Observation 5] you don't find any that you recognize but there are a couple 'Positron Punch Power Packs'. They look about the same and you vaguely recall commercials for them, you stuff four into various places in your gray and silver uniform. YOu exit the ship with the rest of the group and keep walking.

two days rations added

---

Tarran Smith

"Oh hey, a walk in the dark. Reminds me of the time I went through sewers... almost died that day. Oh well, at least this time there's no sewer water."

Get walking.

As soon as Dominique is finished getting something from the ship you set out, letting Dom and Teague take point while Taric, yourself and James fan out behind.

---

Taric Sizier

"Okay. Nathaniel, don't scratch the paint while I'm gone." Start walking.

"Yeah, I'll just sit here and throw wild parties then shall I?" As you exit the Virtue Nathaniel's voice comes through the radio. "It's not much but if anything comes at you from the ground I'll see if I can get you a heads up, good luck and don't get dead, waiting in the forest twiddling my thumbs for the next century doesn't have a lot of appeal."

Well that's at least something, you settle your gear and get moving with the rest of the group.

---

Trol Grane

poke the new dude

You poke James a couple times, yep he's real. You shrug and continue with the group.

He looks at you sort of funny.

---

James Evan

You don't say much and just tag along with the group.

You wonder if you could borrow a gun or knife off somebody, you're feeling pretty helpless compared to these people who are very nearly carrying around an arsenal each.

All: The canopy of the forest above you is invisible except for a spiderweb of branches outlined by the foxfire glow of the fungus. The fact that there is literally no light around here that is not generated by luminescent plants and animals makes the undergrowth a bit foreign. As you move through the undergrowth of strange mushrooms and short barrel like plants the color of the immediate fungi begin to shift from greenish blue and into violet, brightening as it does so. [Int roll 2] You have no idea why it would do something like that, but it's obviously responding to your presence. You encounter a number of insects on your trek as well as a worm as big around as your arm with several orifices opening and closing on its sides. You give that one a wide berth.

[Stamina 4, 4+1, 4, 4, 4+1] The air here is strange, and probably laden with spores from all of the fungi, a couple people cough or sneeze once or twice but no ill effects come of it. You can't help but feel lucky that none of you are having a bad reaction when breathing unfiltered air from a strange ecosystem. [Intuition 3+1] When you lose sight of the ship there are very few landmarks that you can keep a hold of to lay a straight course. "Alright kids, you're veering a little bit. Turn a bit to the right and you'll be back on track" Nathaniel corrects you through the radio, you notice that the channel is noticeably less clear now. With all this giant fungi and tree cover you think Nathaniel's estimate of a seven mile range on the radio was a little generous.

[Luck 3] Your cautious walk in the woods is quiet, oddly so. The good news is that you're largely uninterrupted, the bad news is you have the sensation of being watched. [Intuition 3+1] A sensation more than one of you have sense enough to take seriously. (Party gets a roll to avoid surprise) The lights in the fungus around you seem to shift strangely, moving of their own accord, okay you're being stalked by the evil mushroom critters from whatever the hell this moon is called.

[Surprise roll 3 Vs Party roll 2] Indeed, the large mite like creature that trundles out of the fungus doesn't seem like much of a threat. Its legs can barely sustain its large body and fungal tendrils riddle the entire beast. Another four of the same creatures move out of the growth to surround the party, the fungus on them shifts to match the glow of the fungus around them making them difficult to see when you're not looking directly at them. Mites the size of labradors, you think you've got this one under control.

(-1 to initiative roll if applicable.)

---

Spoiler: NPCs (click to show/hide)

Status

Spoiler: Domninique Wakeman (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Taric Sizier (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Tarran Smith (click to show/hide)

Spoiler:  James Evan (click to show/hide)
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2526 on: April 17, 2011, 01:57:17 am »

Powder, since you're a liability in heavy combat at the moment you can get three things from the others if they agree to give it/them to you as a free action.

Bonus points if anyone knows what a cordyceps fungus is.
---

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #2527 on: April 17, 2011, 02:01:16 am »

Cordyceps is in .hack, I can tell you that...

As they walked, Dom looked over at the new guy. "James, right? Here. You might need 'em if you get in trouble." She removed one of her chimera pistols, the Piru rifle, all associated ammo for the two guns, and the riot shield Tarran had given her to replace the one she'd lost. She passed them over, then turned back around, just in time to run into some strange creatures. Immediately she went for the Fuath, just in case these things were hostile. "What do you think, boss? Shoot or keep walking?" she asked, training her weapon on Mite 1.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2011, 08:50:13 am by SeriousConcentrate »
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2528 on: April 17, 2011, 02:23:57 am »

"Shoot them. Goddamn this gives me bad memories of the sewers. James, here, have my Renfield, I don't need it anymore."

Give James my Renfield SMG and it's clip. Dual wield Chimeras and shoot the second.

EVERYONE, I AM DUAL WIELDING. GET THE HECK DOWN.
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2529 on: April 17, 2011, 04:48:06 am »

Open fire with frank.

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #2530 on: April 17, 2011, 08:28:25 am »

"Thanks" James then hefted his Renfield, though if the enmies were hostile, he'd probably just end up charging them. He wasn't too good with guns.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2531 on: April 17, 2011, 08:33:05 am »

Stay back, they'll infect you if they get too close (And you don't have full body armour on)

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #2532 on: April 17, 2011, 08:48:42 am »

Editing post to give him the Riot Shield too, so he at least has some protection.

Trollan

• Bay Watcher
  • O hai!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2533 on: April 17, 2011, 12:14:37 pm »

Open fine with the kapre, silently screaming curses at the fungi on the inside

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #2534 on: April 17, 2011, 01:35:24 pm »

Oh, yeah. If I can't give him everything I stated in my post since the ammo might count as a fourth thing, then I'll keep the chimera pistol and give him the Piru rifle, its ammo, and the shield.
Pages: 1 ... 167 168 [169] 170 171 ... 602