Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 154 155 [156] 157 158 ... 602

Author Topic: Deviation-22. The End of All Things.  (Read 526003 times)

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
Re: Deviation-22 (Sci-Fi RTD) Ch. 2 On which the GM fails to make riddles.
« Reply #2325 on: April 11, 2011, 07:32:42 pm »

I'm confused. But, if that means that's what is controlling my dream, preemptively draw and fire. No niceties. Just take him down. And make sure my pistols are cocked and loaded.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2326 on: April 11, 2011, 07:35:36 pm »

"GO GO GO!"

Sprint to the finish (ship).

Now... who's going to pilot?
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2327 on: April 11, 2011, 07:38:19 pm »

Mister Nathaniel here.
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2328 on: April 11, 2011, 07:39:25 pm »

Oh, right. Forgot.

Now, let's hope we all get 5s on running and none of us get 1s.
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2329 on: April 11, 2011, 07:39:57 pm »

Might want to help me then.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
« Reply #2330 on: April 11, 2011, 08:11:14 pm »

I'm confused. But, if that means that's what is controlling my dream, preemptively draw and fire. No niceties. Just take him down. And make sure my pistols are cocked and loaded.

You're meant to be confused, I'm confused. Shooting your subconscious might be painful, or it could save you. You really won't know until you pull.
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2331 on: April 11, 2011, 08:47:27 pm »

You know, you kinda need a subconscious in order to stay stable.

Without one... things are likely going to be crazy.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2332 on: April 11, 2011, 09:46:27 pm »

Unless Trol Completely Fails you all should make it to the ship this turn, might as well give you her specs.

I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2333 on: April 11, 2011, 10:11:56 pm »

Nice... :D

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #2335 on: April 11, 2011, 11:25:03 pm »

All right, I know I'm probably the only one who cares about this, but I found out where I'd heard the name Kyne before after querying my brother. There's a Dr. Terrence Kyne in Dead Space. I'm a little :o about my inability to remember that considering I played through that only like two months ago.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2336 on: April 12, 2011, 12:12:08 am »

James Evan

If that means that's what is controlling my dream, preemptively draw and fire. No niceties. Just take him down. And make sure my pistols are cocked and loaded.

[Initiative 5 Vs Initiative 4] You skin steel and fire like a bolt of lightning, [Quickshot 2] blowing a hole in the air to the left of the entity's face. [? Quickshot 4] The other you takes his time with the shot, and lead kisses your left shoulder. [Soak 3] You stagger and fire again with your right, [Quickshot 2] going wild once more. The shadow of you shakes its head contemptuously again [? quickshot 3] sending another bullet skinning across your ribs. [Soak 1] The flash of pain from the knife wound earlier comes back ten-fold and you drop down to one knee, head bowed.

"As always that's it. First one out of the gate just so you can kiss the dirt and be the one to fail first." Your twin walks to you slowly pistol raised and ready. "The family did right, they taught us what the technocracy never would, they rebelled for us!" His voice, your voice, is cold, emotionless, detached. The world though tells a different story, the heat in the air picks up as the shadow speaks and a window breaks in the saloon. "We went off to college, we blended in and studied like a good little boy. We stayed in our little corner telling our family how hard it was for us to disguise or loathing for the technocracy. What have we really disguised though?" Ten feet away the manifestation stops, rage twisting the features into a parody of your own. "We became servants of the Church of the Virgin World, oh sure, we ignored a few slips where we could, but how many people did we hurt? What you disguised wasn't your loathing of the technocrats, it was the fact that you've always been too damn afraid to do anything about it!" Several buildings catch fire as your subconscious finishes the sentence. "You've held the reins for too long old friend, and I've outgrown you. Now I can take you, and we'll never give in again. Never. You sub-conscious reaches out a hand, virulent mold springing up and wreathing the appendage as he walks toward you, arm outstretched. 

You don't think you're going to like what happens if it touches you.

---

Tarran's Survivors

get in, duurrrr
"GO GO GO!"

Sprint to the finish (ship).

"Is that all of us?" Dom looked around to check. Tarran, Taric, Teague. We're all here. ...Goddamnit. Trol and Ellen... She shook her head. There would be time to remember their losses later. Right now they had to get to the shuttle and get out of there! She limped towards it at top speed.
Get in there!

All of you sprint to the ship, Tarran last. [Dex 5, 2, 2, 5] A deafening roar fills the air and everything starts to shake, Taric and Dom stumble but Teague catches Dom and Tarran keeps Taric from falling. Swaying a little drunkenly the group makes it under the ship to where the hatch should be. [Intuition 2, 1, 1, 5] If Taric hadn't been there all of you would have been staring at the pretty pretty underside of the ship with no clue how to get it open, Taric was there though, even if he was exhausted he was still a genius. Reaching up to press an unremarkable piece of plating he opens up a simple holographic interface on the bottom of the shuttle. [Mechanical 6] Speeding through options and tasks faster than would seem possible he hacks the computer into believing that they are all VIP personnel who are evacuating the facility and have requisitioned the shuttle. He also makes scans and lock the biometrics for every member of the group, without one of them to help nobody else is getting into this baby. After confirming your new and completely fake identities the hatch slides open and a ramp of stairs unfolds to meet you. All of you pile into the ship.

As you enter the ship the lighting comes to life, showing you the interior. You seem to be in the lounge and everything exudes elegance and taste. The furnishings are simple but expensive and incredibly comfortable looking. High quality couches hum with life, undoubtedly willing to mold force fields into the most comfortable configurations available for your body while giving you a massage. You get blood and grime everywhere.

Everyone but Taric just stands in awe of the one room of the ship that probably is more expensive than any ten private rooms they've seen before. Taric attempts to find a port to download Hoke into, [Observation 2] but the ship is too bloody streamlined into itself. He searches but can't find a suitable node here.

Bombardment has commenced, 7:30 until the shields on the facility fold.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2011, 03:11:21 am by Draignean »
---

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2337 on: April 12, 2011, 12:14:05 am »

If you have any other questions about the ship just ask.
---

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2338 on: April 12, 2011, 12:17:24 am »

"Taric, get this ship moving, I'm getting the defensive guns!"

Find the Gunner position's position.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
Re: Deviation-22 (Sci-Fi RTD) Ch. 2 James is losing to himself.
« Reply #2339 on: April 12, 2011, 02:13:44 am »

Dom flopped down onto one of the couches, occupying the whole thing by herself. "I feel like crap..." she said, her voice muffled by virtue of the fact she had fallen on her face. The ORS's state-altering effect was beginning to wear off, though, and she was feeling her injuries again. After a moment to cope she rolled onto her side and continued on. "Nice work getting us into this thing, Taric. I'm gonna take a nap, wake me up if you got something you need my help with." She rested her head on her forearm and closed her eyes, settling in to go to sleep. Live or die, it was completely out of her hands now, and she just wanted a long snooze.

What are the accommodations? Personal rooms or just a crew room, kitchen, etc?
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.
Pages: 1 ... 154 155 [156] 157 158 ... 602