Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 148 149 [150] 151 152 ... 602

Author Topic: Deviation-22. The End of All Things.  (Read 526170 times)

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Deviation-22 (Sci-Fi RTD) Ch. 2 Psychic death Transfer
« Reply #2235 on: April 10, 2011, 07:40:07 pm »

"Fair enough Nat, but would you mind helping us getting you out of here alive?" Fire some rounds at the trooper, Telling him to surrender while I'm at it.
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #2236 on: April 10, 2011, 07:43:28 pm »

O.O We're all dead.

Without much choice in the matter, Dominique laid still as Tarran began to work on her wounds. "Thanks... Tarran..." she managed to say through cracked lips. She was still feeling the pain of the burns and bullets, but her energy was returning slightly, and her body felt more responsive to her commands. She still felt she could do with a long sleep, but she was determined to try to stay awake until they were out. She wasn't going to be any more of a burden than she had to be. "You're the best boss I ever had..." Dom giggled nonsensically, feeling dazed from blood loss.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2237 on: April 10, 2011, 07:47:04 pm »

Shit.

Well, it's been nice knowing you, guys, but ship-based weapons aren't good for your health.

"DON'T YOU DARE DIE ON ME!" If fire is still burning, carry Dom out of it. If fire isn't still burning, heal Dom again!
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2238 on: April 10, 2011, 07:49:27 pm »

Don't be silly, We aren't going to die yet, we're the main characters. Unless you're taking about Trol...

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2239 on: April 10, 2011, 07:52:30 pm »

Don't be silly, We aren't going to die yet, we're the main characters.
Say that to the gigantic laser/plasma beams being aimed at us.
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #2240 on: April 10, 2011, 07:53:35 pm »

I believe you asked a question about Kine earlier, it's an archaic word for deer or cattle. I can never remember which, but it's used in several of the better books that have vampires in them, you may have heard it there. (Not Frickin' Twilight) It just popped into my head when I was creating her.

I don't read Twilight. -___________________- Anyway, I was thinking more like sci-fi, but maybe it was Joss Whedon. I was thinking Firefly/Serenity but then it occurred to me it might've been BtVS or Angel I heard it on. I'm gonna go look those up and see if there's a Kine in any of them, and edit this post if I get a positive result.

EDIT: Nope, wasn't any of those. This is just gonna be one of those things that nags at me, I guess.  :-\
« Last Edit: April 10, 2011, 07:59:32 pm by SeriousConcentrate »
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2241 on: April 10, 2011, 07:55:02 pm »

Can't run it if we're ALL dead. So nice knowing you guys, I'm outta here!

Trollan

• Bay Watcher
  • O hai!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2242 on: April 10, 2011, 08:14:06 pm »

Isnt it a technocracy ship over a technocracy part of the base?
"WEEEEEEEEVIIIIILS!!!!!!" Get the fuck outta there.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
« Reply #2243 on: April 10, 2011, 09:19:17 pm »

Isnt it a technocracy ship over a technocracy part of the base?

Yep, and you might want to hold off on the GTFOing. There's no way you're going to run down the stairs and make it back to the garage, jack an armadillo or a pair of wasps, and then evade the StG missiles before Yule turns this place into a burning heap of slag.

Powder miner, this would be a great time for you to post an action.

I believe you asked a question about Kine earlier, it's an archaic word for deer or cattle. I can never remember which, but it's used in several of the better books that have vampires in them, you may have heard it there. (Not Frickin' Twilight) It just popped into my head when I was creating her.

I don't read Twilight. -___________________- Anyway, I was thinking more like sci-fi, but maybe it was Joss Whedon. I was thinking Firefly/Serenity but then it occurred to me it might've been BtVS or Angel I heard it on. I'm gonna go look those up and see if there's a Kine in any of them, and edit this post if I get a positive result.

EDIT: Nope, wasn't any of those. This is just gonna be one of those things that nags at me, I guess.  :-\

Dresden Files? That's the only one that I get off the top of my head.

Focused Anti-proton beams actually, has the neat side effect of emitting heavy EM interference as it slices and dices.

Running turn now.
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2244 on: April 10, 2011, 09:20:58 pm »

Focused Anti-proton beams actually, has the neat side effect of emitting heavy EM interference as it slices and dices.

Running turn now.

Crap. Even worse.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #2245 on: April 10, 2011, 09:21:55 pm »

So there's no way to escape? >.>

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2246 on: April 10, 2011, 09:28:13 pm »

Not until the plot saves us...

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2247 on: April 10, 2011, 09:57:59 pm »

You guys can head up to the roof and take Shiren's personal hover yacht to safety.

Trust me.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2248 on: April 10, 2011, 09:58:40 pm »

Taric Sizier

"Fair enough Nat, but would you mind helping us getting you out of here alive?" Fire some rounds at the trooper, Telling him to surrender while I'm at it.

You fire a burst of fire across the trooper and demand his surrender, [Morale 2-2] your are answered immediately by the trooper throwing his rifle and his knife out from cover, quickly followed by a gauss clip and an energy cell. Well that was easy. Nathaniel goes silent for minute as the darkness falls into the room completely, replying after considering for a moment. "There's a landing platform for the hoity toity personnel at the top of this tower, there's an atmospheric shuttle still in there. You get me there and I can pilot it wherever the hell you want to go. The only way up though is through the elevator that the trooper just busted, you only have ten minutes or so before the cruiser is ready to fire. If you're very very lucky the shielding on this facility will hold for another eight or nine. I can restore lighting under emergency conditions, but I can't override the command locks until then."

---

Tarran Smith

"DON'T YOU DARE DIE ON ME!" If fire is still burning, carry Dom out of it. If fire isn't still burning, heal Dom again!

The heat from the Acolyte's psionic attack has mostly dissipated, and the air is uncomfortable, not scalding.  You continue working on Dominiques injuries. [Fighting 5, dex 2, int 3, luck 4, Treatment 27/20] (Dom HP +10) You've staunched the worst of the bleeding and closed the gaping injuries, she's still in bad shape but she won't die if she sneezes now. One of the ORS packs off of Trol's corpse might help.

---

Dominique Wakeman

Without much choice in the matter, Dominique laid still as Tarran began to work on her wounds. "Thanks... Tarran..." she managed to say through cracked lips. She was still feeling the pain of the burns and bullets, but her energy was returning slightly, and her body felt more responsive to her commands. She still felt she could do with a long sleep, but she was determined to try to stay awake until they were out. She wasn't going to be any more of a burden than she had to be. "You're the best boss I ever had..." Dom giggled nonsensically, feeling dazed from blood loss.

You can stand now, and you do so feebly with Tarran's help up, you're going to need to get out of here fast and you aren't going to be able to do that on your back. You're going to need to rest now, a hoard of toddlers with safety scissors could do in right now.

---

Trol Grane

Not seeing any exits that wouldn't get you killed in the long run you instead transfer items from your corpse onto this body.

Fenrir energy pistol [7, 6lbs]
energy cell x1
Small knife (1lb)
Field surgery Kit (5/5, 15lbs)
ORS pack 3/3 1lb
Added.

10:00 Until bombardment commences.

Spoiler: Loot (click to show/hide)

Status

DANGER: Dominique Health below 15%

Dominique is exhausted.
Taric is exhausted.
Trol Grane is fatigued

Spoiler: NPC (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Domninique Wakeman (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Taric Sizier (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Tarran Smith (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Jamie Teague (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Trol Grane (click to show/hide)
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2249 on: April 10, 2011, 09:59:05 pm »

You guys can head up to the roof and take Shiren's personal hover yacht to safety.

Trust me.

Good guess.
---
Pages: 1 ... 148 149 [150] 151 152 ... 602