Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 147 148 [149] 150 151 ... 602

Author Topic: Deviation-22. The End of All Things.  (Read 526148 times)

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
Re: Deviation-22 (Sci-Fi RTD) Ch. 2 Psychic death Transfer
« Reply #2220 on: April 10, 2011, 02:39:59 pm »

Put Dominique out and try to heal her with her own Basic Medkit.

"Hold on you, I'm not going to let you die after saving me."
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #2221 on: April 10, 2011, 03:00:06 pm »

Dom tried to raise her head from the ground again, but failed to even open her eyes. It's... too hot... Every breath she managed to take feel like it was burning her lungs. But even as she registered the heat her arms and legs felt cold and distant, like ghosts. She thought she heard Taric yell and a sound that might have been gunfire. A lot of gunfire. Tarran must still be using his machine guns. That was good. It took all of her effort but she managed to crack an eye open. At first she didn't even register the change because the light was fading. That's... not good... She could see her hand beginning to blister from heat and concentrated on it.

After a few seconds she managed to twitch a finger sideways, leaving a smaller bloody streak on the floor. ...it's too hot... must be psionics... In the distance she could dimly see the acolyte she had attacked earlier through a haze, and she closed her eye again. That's definitely what it was. Without the ability to move or even focus her thoughts clearly enough to use her own psionics, she was going to burn to death. Not how Dominique wanted to go, but in her current state it didn't seem to matter.

She thought she felt something pulling on her and heard a familiar voice, but she couldn't place it. "T-tar...ran...?" she managed after a few seconds. She twitched a finger at the acolyte. "Pyro... kinesis... need to... move away... you'll burn too..."

Thanks Tarran. ^^
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Trollan

• Bay Watcher
  • O hai!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2222 on: April 10, 2011, 03:04:40 pm »

put some light cryokinesis on dom, stop the burning.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2223 on: April 10, 2011, 03:06:29 pm »

NNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2224 on: April 10, 2011, 03:11:55 pm »

Don't worry Taric, the RNG isn't that cruel*.

*Yes he is that cruel I'm spitting bullshit out.

She'll pull through**.

**Unless the RNG decides to be a bastard.
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #2225 on: April 10, 2011, 03:47:31 pm »

On the plus side, I do believe Tarran is 2 for 2 on dual-wielding now. ^^ Guess that means we can't make fun of him for it anymore.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2226 on: April 10, 2011, 03:50:57 pm »

Third times the charm however.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
« Reply #2227 on: April 10, 2011, 06:21:13 pm »

She thought she felt something pulling on her and heard a familiar voice, but she couldn't place it. "T-tar...ran...?" she managed after a few seconds. She twitched a finger at the acolyte. "Pyro... kinesis... need to... move away... you'll burn too..."

Ohh, me heartstrings. They do be twangin'.

I believe you asked a question about Kine earlier, it's an archaic word for deer or cattle. I can never remember which, but it's used in several of the better books that have vampires in them, you may have heard it there. (Not Frickin' Twilight) It just popped into my head when I was creating her.

Don't worry Taric, the RNG isn't that cruel*.

*Yes he is that cruel I'm spitting bullshit out.

She'll pull through**.

**Unless the RNG decides to be a bastard.

As the GM I'm sure nothing will go wrong at all.***

***Unless Trol freezes Dom and Tarran into meat bricks or Tarran accidentally stabs her with a scalpel while treating her or the trooper behind the heatsink tries to shoot Tarran and misses or Trol continues flipping out and shoots her...

Running turn around now.

I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2228 on: April 10, 2011, 06:25:52 pm »

As the GM I'm sure nothing will go wrong at all.***

***Unless Trol freezes Dom and Tarran into meat bricks or Tarran accidentally stabs her with a scalpel while treating her or the trooper behind the heatsink tries to shoot Tarran and misses or Trol continues flipping out and shoots her...
Yes. Clearly there's no way this will go wrong****.

****Everything will go wrong and I'll have to carry Dom in my body which will be weird.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #2229 on: April 10, 2011, 07:07:12 pm »

Personally I'm banking on the hope that the RNG is going to be happy with killing two members of the party and will spare Dom. ^^

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2230 on: April 10, 2011, 07:09:00 pm »

If dom dies, there'll be four dead squadmates.

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #2231 on: April 10, 2011, 07:10:16 pm »

Four? Saun-1 Jamie-2 Dom...-3

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #2232 on: April 10, 2011, 07:10:42 pm »

I'm counting Trol as living, since even if he's in Teague's body he's still Trol Grane.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2233 on: April 10, 2011, 07:11:20 pm »

Trol (Again)- 4

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
« Reply #2234 on: April 10, 2011, 07:35:27 pm »

Spoiler: Initiative Roll (click to show/hide)

Acolyte

Still completely focused on Taric the acolyte waits until he gets before hitting him with another blast of force. [Slam 1' focus 5 kN, 5-2] Striking Taric's knee with a thousand pound hammer of energy, [Taric Passive kinetics 4+1] Taric is prepared this time and is able to divert most of the blow around himself, sliding backwards only slightly under the bone breaking slam. (Stamina -10)

---

Trooper

[Morale 3-1] [Will 4] The trooper finally dares to peek out from cover long enough to shoot at Taric, [Quickshot 1-1-1] [Luck 5] he drops his bloody rifle he's shaking so badly, and he barely recovers it before scrambling back behind cover. Yeah, core of butter in these guys.

---

Dominique Wakeman

Dom tried to raise her head from the ground again, but failed to even open her eyes. It's... too hot... Every breath she managed to take feel like it was burning her lungs. But even as she registered the heat her arms and legs felt cold and distant, like ghosts. She thought she heard Taric yell and a sound that might have been gunfire. A lot of gunfire. Tarran must still be using his machine guns. That was good. It took all of her effort but she managed to crack an eye open. At first she didn't even register the change because the light was fading. That's... not good... She could see her hand beginning to blister from heat and concentrated on it.

After a few seconds she managed to twitch a finger sideways, leaving a smaller bloody streak on the floor. ...it's too hot... must be psionics... In the distance she could dimly see the acolyte she had attacked earlier through a haze, and she closed her eye again. That's definitely what it was. Without the ability to move or even focus her thoughts clearly enough to use her own psionics, she was going to burn to death. Not how Dominique wanted to go, but in her current state it didn't seem to matter.

Too exhausted to recall anything from your orientation all you can really do is lie there in the searing heat, nothing in life ever prepared you for this. [Stamina roll 5-2+1] The heat and the slow return of your senses is galvanizing though, and you feel a bit more energy course through you. (Stamina +10)

-5 HP

---

Trol Grane

put some light cryokinesis on dom, stop the burning.

[sanity 2, Insanity 2] Leaping into action to save your friend you- oh hey! Shiny!  You spend a solid two minutes staring at your armored sleeves and how they catch the fading light.

---

Tarran Smith

Put Dominique out and try to heal her with her own Basic Medkit.

"Hold on you, I'm not going to let you die after saving me."

Grimacing at the sudden wave of ambient heat (HP -5) you move to treat Dom, getting her own med kit out of her pack. [Fighting 4, dex 4+1, Int 2, luck 2, Treatment 13/20] There isn't a lot you can do for the burns now but you pack gauze and cooling bandages over them, her main injuries are much more severe demanding of your attention.

---

Taric Sizier

Keep firing while continuing to insult him.

Scrambling up you deflect his next wave of force at some cost to yourself and you fire another salvo of gauss slugs at him. [Quickshot 5+1, Confirm critical 6, Acolyte armor 5, Super-critical confirmed] Grinning somewhat madly you aim your Frankenstein at him and fire, pounding out another five slugs that shred the Acolyte's face, skull, and spine, ripping away the expression of rage that painted his features before. He dies without a sound.

---

AI

Nathaniels voice speaks up again as the light fades away to near nothing. "Archangel class cruiser Michael is in Orbit over the base, it isn't deploying shuttles... Cruiser is diverting power from main engines to weapons, you know I'm just a talking computer but I've got a great personality and a heart of gold, and I'd REALLY appreciate getting out of here..."

---

Jordan Yule, Command Bridge

Finally. 'Convincing' the captain that they needed to personally investigate the hidden distress signal had been a chore, he hadn't wanted to have to do that as it took some of the creativity and adaptability out of them but he was much more pliant now. His fists tightened at his sides, the gall of the man... Eridani's chain of command had become somewhat lacking it seemed, its officers too proud and its grunts too stupid. Thing were going to have to change, there were other matters to attend now though.

"Grand-Arbiter, we have scans of the outpost. Mild structural damage to the exterior, the radiation makes it difficult to get a higher resolution but it could be standard meteorite damage. The facility's core is running at 96% of expected efficiency, well within expected deviance. No radiation leaks can be detected, multiple fresh vehicle tracks can be traced leaving the facility, but tracking them through the forest will be difficult. All recent logged reports in the facility have been positive, no negative activity."

The Arbiter's mind rolled through the information, noting that this was at least someone who knows how to give a report and not tack their own opinion onto the end for no good reason. There was something up here, and there was only one way to confirm it. "Open a communications channel, port 00821."

After a few minutes a light blinked to life and glowed on the holographic panel in front of Arbiter Yule. "Ready to send, Sir."

Perhaps subjugating the captain had served a greater purpose if the crew had learned its place so quickly before it, an experiment he would repeat later... Opening the communications he took a breath and carefully kept his voice level when speaking. "The hand of the king that the sceptre hath borne, The brow of the priest that the mitre hath worn, The eye of the sage, and the heart of the brave, Are hidden and lost in the depths of the grave." For a moment all was silent, and then the comm sent a message back in text, a simple confirmation. Then it began scrolling text, reading off the status of the embedded biometric tags for the command personnel. More than 84% had flat vitals.

The decision from the Arbiter was immediate. "Glass it, shunt power of from the engines to bombardment platforms. Bring heavy beams into position and lock thermobaric StG missiles on anything leaving the facility."

Status

DANGER: Dominique Health below 10%

Dominique is exhausted.
Taric is exhausted.
Trol Grane is fatigued

Spoiler: Enemies (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Domninique Wakeman (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Taric Sizier (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Tarran Smith (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Jamie Teague (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Trol Grane (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: April 10, 2011, 07:41:56 pm by Draignean »
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."
Pages: 1 ... 147 148 [149] 150 151 ... 602