Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 145 146 [147] 148 149 ... 602

Author Topic: Deviation-22. The End of All Things.  (Read 526223 times)

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
Re: Deviation-22 (Sci-Fi RTD) Ch. 2 A heroic demise, and a facebite.
« Reply #2190 on: April 08, 2011, 11:00:36 pm »

Right click on the image once Serious posts it, View it, copy the URL, go to Profile>Forum Profile and at the top there should be "Personalized Picture". Paste the URL in the blank area, save changes, profit!
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #2191 on: April 09, 2011, 08:30:37 am »

Can't get to the url. Can someone post it? :-\

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2193 on: April 09, 2011, 11:38:26 am »

Thanks.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
« Reply #2194 on: April 09, 2011, 10:40:28 pm »

Powder, Post an action or I'll slay your entire family.

Incidentally, I'm back, alive, and I free time again.

Go team, go.

(Little Tired, gonna go grab some caffeine and run the combat... Should be an interesting round.)
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2195 on: April 09, 2011, 10:41:19 pm »

YAY!

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2196 on: April 10, 2011, 12:07:06 am »

Spoiler: initiative roll (click to show/hide)

Taric Sizier

Keep firing!

You continue shooting through Trol's dead body and into the Warpriest. [Marksman 3+1+1, Marksman 2+1] Once again Trol's body absorbs a substantial part of the damage, [Shiren Armor 4+2, 4+2-3, bodyshield] but slugs and lasers tear through spattering Shiren with even more gore.  (Shiren Armor -9, -7, Shiren is near death)

---

Tarran Smith

"TRRRRRRRRRROOOOOOOLLLLLLLLLLLLLL!!!" Enraged at the death of my friend, charge Shiren and smash his face in via kick.

Your vision clearing you charge Shiren down, [Dex 5] closing the distance in a few flying strides. As you reach warpriest Altris you throw yourself into a flying leap, right foot leading.  [Melee 3+1 Vs Shiren Dodge 2+1-3-2] Your foot connects with the side of Shiren's face not covered by Trol's teeth. [Str 4+1 Momentum, Shiren Endurance 1 (bonus negated)] Already under too much stress from the weight of a body on it his neck snaps from the power of your flying kick, killing him.

Altrish Shiren, Warpriest of the Technocracy has been killed.

---

Jamie Teague

Not understanding the confusion and the screaming Teague splits the shield of light in half so that he can see through, sending a fountain of shadows through the room. The scene of the battle is terrible, and one that brings back memories for him. He sees Shiren lying dead on the ground, Ellen's ruined body, and Trol expiring in a puddle of his own blood and intestines. This cannot be, not again. Trol had killed Hake, he was real hero. Jamie, well he was just a former captain who couldn't even keep his own men alive.

It could be done, it had been done before when the matriarch had been killed to defeat the abomination... Perhaps he could do it again now, and save hero at the cost of his life, something he'd been prepared to do from the moment he'd told Joseph he wanted the assignment. Letting the shields go to run out the last of their energy he bolts for Trol's body. [Dex 4] Scrambling over blood and bits of Saun's charred flesh -No time to think of that now- he moves to Trol, kneeling in the dead man's intestines. [Active Empathetics 4+1, 5, 4+1, +2 personality, Difficulty 15, passed]

Fight like demons, love like angels, die like men.- Motto of the Unchained infantry

Jamie Teague, Unchained Psionic and former captain has been killed.

---

Trooper 2

[Morale 3-2-1, No CO, CO killed this turn] Watching their commanding officer get his neck broken by a flying kick from the Unchained leader had a profound effect on the trooper. [Will 1, Int 1] Panicking he runs for the elevator, squeezing through immediately as the doors open. As the doors close and the trooper vanishes the elevator begins to hum dangerously, and a massive pulse travels up the magnetic rails that support the elevator turning it into a massive gauss cannon. The trooper doesn't even have time to scream before the G-forces break his bones and the elevator collides with the top of the shaft. 

Trooper 2 has been killed for being a moron.

---

Trooper 1

[Morale 3-2-1, no CO, CO killed this turn] Like the other trooper the man panics when shiren dies. [Will 5] Unlike the other trooper he keeps his head and falls back as far under cover of the heatsink as he possibly can.

Trooper 1 is under cover -2 to ranged attacks against him, -1 to outgoing ranged attacks.

---

Acolyte

[Morale 5-1-1, No CO, CO killed this turn] With more training in how to act without a captain the acolyte manages to carry through with Shiren's orders after his death. Turning his attention on Dom he drops the mindbar he's been holding up and focusing a general wave of kinetic acceleration, heating the air around her. [Pyrokinesis 4+1-2] The air grows blisteringly hot around her, [Dom Passive Kinetics 3-3] and with her mind fogged she can barely even register that its hot, let alone defend herself. (Dom HP -15)

Damage this turn 15, damage will be done each turn at 5 less per turn unless focus is kept.

---

Trol Grane

Your body was dead, but for a couple minutes your mind continued to tick on behind dead eyes. The couple minutes that Teague needed to make the switch. Teague dies in your ruined body, and you, you slowly come to awareness wearing Teague's flesh. The revelation that you have a beating heart and a living body again practically makes you cackle with insane glee.

(Strange body, no skill bonuses for 3 turns. Your new stats are those of Teague but you get to keep your skills.)

---

Status

DANGER: Dominique Health below 25%

Dominique is exhausted.
Taric is fatigued.
Trol Grane is fatigued

Spoiler: Enemies (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Domninique Wakeman (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Taric Sizier (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Tarran Smith (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Jamie Teague (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Trol Grane (click to show/hide)

I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2197 on: April 10, 2011, 12:13:01 am »

Told you The Devil had a plan for you, Trollan.

"RAAAAGGGGHHHHH! YOU'RE ALL GOING TO DIE!"

Shoot the Acolyte.
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Deviation-22 (Sci-Fi RTD) Ch. 2 Psychic death Transfer
« Reply #2198 on: April 10, 2011, 12:18:54 am »

Told you The Devil had a plan for you, Trollan.

I was working out how difficult how to make these fights, so I wanted a failsafe in case it became a situation where it was nearly impossible to survive. Granted the unchained are less likely to give you support now, and constantly getting your lackeys dead makes it harder to hire new ones later. Still better than killing players though.

'Course Taric might have a few choice words for Trol when he realizes what went down.
---

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2199 on: April 10, 2011, 01:04:58 am »

Damn forgot this in the main post but it is kind of important.

AI

The communications system buzzes to life again, letting the strangely familiar AI speak. "The cruiser Michael has entered high orbit, they will be in position to deploy shuttles in 6 minutes."
---

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2200 on: April 10, 2011, 01:18:29 am »

"That can't be good!"

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #2201 on: April 10, 2011, 04:27:15 am »

Dom continued to lie there like a rag doll, barely able to function due to the mind blast and her swiftly deteriorating condition. She tried to ask for help, but she was in too much pain and too exhausted to speak. She managed to move a hand through the blood pooling around her body, leaving a smear across the floor, but couldn't even raise it to try and get some attention. Her eyelids felt heavy, too heavy to keep open. Tarran had said he had felt cold, but she felt warm, like she was lying in the grass on a hot summer day. Guess this is it then... For Saun and Trol and me... Damn it! I should've been more careful on the stairs... should've tried the blade earlier. Maybe they would still be alive. Unaware she was crying, she closed her eyes. At least I kept the boss alive... and Taric and Teague are gonna be OK too.

Interesting. :D Not what I thought was going to go down.

SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2202 on: April 10, 2011, 05:39:07 am »

I thought he'd just lie there dead...

Switch targets. Open fire on the Acolyte if he's still alive, chase down the other trooper if tarran killed him.

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2203 on: April 10, 2011, 09:20:45 am »

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO NOT MY FAMILY  :'(

James turned around, went out of the room, and continued to look around. He held his gun up- He wanted to make sure he wasn't just killed there, even though that obviously never happened in bond movies.

Trollan

• Bay Watcher
  • O hai!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2204 on: April 10, 2011, 09:41:16 am »

In all seriousness, I thought i would just be forced to relive all Trol's worst parts of his life. Im actually perfectly fine with this.
Am I still insane?

"Simon Cowell!" Grab my shotgun from shiren, teabag him, then join the fight.
Pages: 1 ... 145 146 [147] 148 149 ... 602