Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 140 141 [142] 143 144 ... 602

Author Topic: Deviation-22. The End of All Things.  (Read 526349 times)

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Deviation-22 (Sci-Fi RTD) Ch. 2 A hero dies, and another is dying.
« Reply #2115 on: April 07, 2011, 10:13:11 pm »

Might explain a few things, but it would be more fitting if he was Trol's dad.
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2116 on: April 07, 2011, 10:16:55 pm »

Wait, how old is Shiren?
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2117 on: April 07, 2011, 10:17:17 pm »

$10 on old enough to be senile.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2118 on: April 07, 2011, 10:19:20 pm »

$10 on younger than that. To me Shiren seems to be a young overconfident punk, based on his lines.
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Trollan

• Bay Watcher
  • O hai!
    • View Profile
Re: Deviation-22 (Sci-Fi RTD) Prologue, In which Tarran gets trigger happy.
« Reply #2119 on: April 07, 2011, 10:20:18 pm »

Character: Trol Grane

You look through your stuff satisfied that it's all there, still you have some doubts about the job. You don't know why but you decide to use Lorenzo as a sounding board. [Speech Roll 3 Vs Will 5] You talk to him for a while about how you did this for the first time just to get out of debt, besides that first guy really was a bastard. You did it so you would be free and clean to help the people you though needed helping, you know? Lorenzo stares at you impassively.  [Intuition roll 1] Taking this as a sign to continue you go on about how your Mother got deported when you were little for breaking your fathers arm and emasculating him. You tell him how your dad got deported after that for chronic alcoholism. [Will roll 4] You manage to not break down while you talk about the rest your childhood and how you think that influenced the rest of your life. That first time when you discovered cards and gambling, that time when you were 13 and broke that mites jaw with a lead pipe because he couldn't pay you, the first time you starting trying to help people get what they want and to hell with the Technocracy.[Lorenzo's Will roll 2] Lorenzo doesn't seem to be able to take this anymore. "Get what you need for the job, and get out. When the girl is dead, come back. If you open your mouth again for something personal I will rip the tongue from your head and choke you with it. Are we abundantly clear?"

Bolded parts would explain a lot...

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2120 on: April 07, 2011, 10:21:16 pm »

$50 says he fits both descriptions.

Trollan

• Bay Watcher
  • O hai!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2121 on: April 07, 2011, 10:28:09 pm »

$50 says he fits both descriptions.

The specific part about mom fits perfectly with the insanity.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2122 on: April 07, 2011, 10:31:10 pm »

Talking 'bout shiren you. *Whacks trol.*

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2123 on: April 07, 2011, 10:36:48 pm »

Well, I never really decided an exact age, but he's def. around 50+...his body has been twisted from torture and mechanical experimentation, so he looks nothing natural.

His overconfidence comes from his Tantalus implants and the fact he really feels no fear of death. He's been in enough agony over such a long time, he's just started laughing at everything. He also has a God complex, so there's that...you guys notice how Shiren has not reacted to bullets, knives and acids being poured onto him? lol

On that account, he was always a crazy sadistic bastard-his career with the Technocracy has been a long one, but he was only really "born" when he failed them and was forced to undergo the tantalus implants as punishment-instead of dying like most did, he embraced them.

I wrote Draignean my backstory, I wonder if he could dig that back up...I can't remember what I wrote at the time...lol

EDIT: Yeah, maybe when he got "deported", that was just a cover story!
« Last Edit: April 07, 2011, 10:38:54 pm by Dwarmin »
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
« Reply #2124 on: April 07, 2011, 10:39:30 pm »

Appearance: Altris has the appearance of a kindly old Asian man, greying at the temples, with intense blue eyes. But... a closer look reveals something more sinister-a vast array of highly illegal (to normal people, anyway) subdermal implants that make him stronger and faster than he should be by all rights.

Character Bio: Shiren is, in fact, a brutal and sociopathic Warpriest in service of the Technocrats. Recruited from birth, he cares nothing for the "cause", but know to pay it lip service. He only wants to hurt and destroy as much as he can. He refuses to play politics or curry favors, and has himself killed many rival members of the Technocracy who crossed him, along with his standard list of crimes against civilians. The higher ups are sending him on more and more dangerous missions lately in an effort to get him out of the way. His implants are actually a punishment-deliberately done wrong as to cause him constant agony, a reminder of a past failure. Only the release of adrenaline dulls the pain, and he can only feel anything when he's destroying...
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #2125 on: April 07, 2011, 10:46:30 pm »

@Trollan/PowderMiner: Dunno, I'll have to think about it. If I did do one it'd have to be a different style because I'm pretty burnt out on this one. Also, Trol, sorry, but you're about to die anyway, gotta make the most of the opportunity. I'll try not to hit you but if it happens...

Dom blinked. That was... what the fuck... She took a deep breath to calm down. He can't move while he's got his hands in... yeah... She had another trick up her sleeve. Focusing at neck height, she unleashed another blast of kinetic energy.

Using a Blade, default focus, 40 stamina for 4 kilonewtons of force, shaped like a guillotine. Aim it at Shiren as much as possible.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2126 on: April 08, 2011, 12:39:06 am »

Spoiler Alert!

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

No.

Just no, Hell no, fuck no, and any-other-invective-you-care-to-add no.

Well my speech do be written, so I think you guys can get another turn tonight... not like I'm going to get more sleep either way. Running Turn, Killing Trol. (Probably.)
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2127 on: April 08, 2011, 12:47:55 am »

YAY! TUR- NOOOOOOOOO TROL! DON'T DIE ON US YOU CRAZY S.O.B! DON'T YOU DARE!

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2128 on: April 08, 2011, 02:09:30 am »

James Evans/Bond

Take my gun and carefully look around, moving forward as James Bond does. Watch out for the man with the golden gun.

You put one pistol back in the Tux's cummerbund in case the first one gets knocked from your hand and you keep the other one drawn incase there are other grunts waiting for you. The hotel room is very nice for the era, lot of plush and muted lighting. You clear the rooms one by one, and sure enough you find a naked dead girl in the master bedroom. She shows no sign of exterior trauma and the sheets fall artistically to cover bosom and hips. Despite being dead for lord knows how long she displays no discoloration or lividity. Yep, you're definitely in a bond movie.

Besides a small ice bucket filled with water and warm wine there isn't anything else here.

---

Spoiler: initiative roll (click to show/hide)

Altris Shiren

Obviously, tear my hands out of Trol. Then snag the Irin shotgun from his hopefully dead or dying hands hands and fire it into Dominique. Close Range. Should be messy!

Now, Gentlemen, THIS is a party. I'll get out the streamers!

[Str 5+1, Confirm critical 5, Trol Soak 4+1, Luck 3 Vs 3, Will 5 Vs Will 1, Critical confirmed] Altris spreads his hands outwards in a quick motion, both hands suddenly outside Trol's body, stained and red. Bright blood and and grey loops pool on the floor beneath Trol as his knees collapse beneath him. Somewhat disdainfully you take the eviscerated brutes shotgun out of his rapidly cooling hands and turn it on the one who tried to cover you in acid. Bitch needs some respect. [Quickshot 5] The particle blast takes her by surprise, [Dom Armor roll 3-4] blasting fragments from her armor and flesh. [Armor -6 HP -19]

Trol is dying, Endurance save of 4 or better he gets an action and dies, else he just dies.

---

Trol Grane

THE ESSENCE OF TROL GRANE WILL LIVE ON!
Bite Shiren in the face, then shoot him one last time.

[Sanity 3] [Endurance save 4+1] Time for one... last... thing... Laying on your side in a pool of your own bile and innards you hear timmy whispering what to do... it sounds like a good plan. Altris took your shotgun, but nobody can take timmy away... [Melee 6, Confirm critical, Auto confirmed by perk.] In a last burst of strength you slam your knife directly through Shiren's knee. [Shiren soak 2] Yelling in pain Shiren drops to one knee. And you bite him in the face. No one ever suspects the facebite. [Melee 3+1 Vs Shiren dodge 3-2 crippled] You sink your teeth into the side of his face and clamp down, cold seeping into your bones and stilling your heart as your life's blood pumps onto the floor beneath you... or above you... it's all fuzzy.

Shiren is now wounded. Shiren is crippled, -2 to rolls that require legs while Trol's dagger is embedded in his knee. -1 when the knife is removed. Shiren has a dead body attached to his face, -3 to all rolls except psionics until said body is removed.

Trol Grane, Hero of the Unchained and Slayer of Fallen Praetor Hake Nohken has been killed.

---

Jamie Teague

Sweating and trembling Teague continues keeping up the self disrupting barrier that provides the light.

---

Dominique Wakeman

Dom blinked. That was... what the fuck... She took a deep breath to calm down. He can't move while he's got his hands in... yeah... She had another trick up her sleeve. Focusing at neck height, she unleashed another blast of kinetic energy.

Using a Blade, default focus, 40 stamina for 4 kilonewtons of force, shaped like a guillotine. Aim it at Shiren as much as possible.

You can only watch in surprise as Altris rips Trol's belly open, too stunned to move as you picks up Trol's gun and shoots you with it. The flaming heat and pain of it brings you back to reality in time to see Trol stab the Warpriest through the knee and... Latch onto his face? Well you're never going to get another opening like this. [Blade 4kN, 4-1] (stamina -40) You've never done one before outside of the orientation program but you pull of a first try admirably, the only problem is that your aim is off... It's nearly invisible but you send a blade of kinetic energy with the force of a car wreck into the bastard who just shot you. [Shiren Dodge 1-5] Surprised, crippled, and with a corpse attached to his face Shiren takes the slightly mis-aimed blade straight through his left arm, losing it at the shoulder, as well as taking horrific damage to his armor and body. (Shiren Armor -20, Shiren is now severely Wounded.) As the blade's energy dissipates you feel incredibly weak, running on fumes.

Dominique is exhausted. Shiren is missing his left arm, -1 to using rifle and shotgun type weapons, -2 to Machine guns and assault rifles, -4 to larger.

---

Taric Sizier

RRRRRRRRRRRRRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGGGGGGGGGGGEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!. KILL THEM BOTH! OPEN FIRE!

Torn between disbelief and rage as Trol kills saun and then Altris kills Trol you open fire on Shiren with both barrels. [Marksman 3+1, 2+1] Rage makes your shots go a little wild, and you have to shoot through Trol's body some to get to Shiren. [Shiren Armor 3+2 body shield, 3-3+2 body shield] The gauss rounds lose alot of their power through Trol but the laser keeps its killing focus admirably. (Shiren armor -11, Shiren Armor -14 Shiren is severely wounded.)

---

Trooper 2

[Morale 3+1] The trooper follows his leaders orders and falls back, [dex 4] Falling back into medium range from Taric, Tarran, and Teague before opening fire. [Quickshot 1-1] [Luck 5] The trooper fires and misses Taric by a mile.

---

Trooper 1

[Morale 5+1] The other trooper also falls back, [Dex 4+1] meeting with the other trooper before firing on Taric. [Quickshot 3+2-1] He fires much more successfuly skinning a shot through Taric's cover and into his armored body. [Taric armor 2] (Armor -14 HP -8)

Trooper 1&2 are at short range from dom, Medium range from Taric, Tarran, And Teague.

---

Acolyte

[Morale 4+1] The acolyte focusses on Dominique, send a surge of energy into her mind. [Surge, low. 6, confirm critical 4, Dom Passive empathetics 4, Luck 4 Vs luck 2] Dom's shield is good but she doesn't have the experience or sheer malicious intent of the acolyte and she slips up. Psychic static filling all of her senses, making her jerk and twitch.

-3 to all actions for one round, -2 for two, -1 for three.
---

Tarran Smith

Try to guess the location of one of the Pirus. Shoot in that direction.

Over the din of combat you listen closely, [Observation 4] latching onto the sound of the familiar rushing roar of the last gun fired and shooting your dual Sleipners at that. [Quicshot 1-1-1-2 , 3-2-2-1+1] [Luck 2] Your cloud of bullets could only be deemed aimed in the loosest of terms. [Dom intuition 4] The corner of her exhausted mind registers that you're raising your weapons again and Dom hits the deck, getting clear of your extraordinarly large pattern of fire.

---
Status

Warning: Dominique Health below 50%

Dominique is exhausted.
Taric is fatigued.

Spoiler: Enemies (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Domninique Wakeman (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Taric Sizier (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Tarran Smith (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Trol Grane (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Companions (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: April 08, 2011, 04:15:44 am by Draignean »
---

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Deviation-22 (Sci-Fi RTD) Ch. 2 A heroic demise, and a facebite.
« Reply #2129 on: April 08, 2011, 02:17:28 am »

I shouldn't be blind anymore.

Anyway, TROLLLLLLLLLL!!! NOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

"TRRRRRRRRRROOOOOOOLLLLLLLLLLLLLL!!!" Enraged at the death of my friend, charge Shiren and smash his face in via kick.
Pages: 1 ... 140 141 [142] 143 144 ... 602