Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 129 130 [131] 132 133 ... 602

Author Topic: Deviation-22. The End of All Things.  (Read 526917 times)

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
Re: Deviation-22 (Sci-Fi RTD) Ch. 2 Trol loses it. (Max Villany Reached)
« Reply #1950 on: April 03, 2011, 01:36:41 am »

"I... I don't think it's a good idea to even touch him in his current state."
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1951 on: April 03, 2011, 01:38:18 am »

"You could try psionics or something," she said, closing her eyes and trying to concentrate again.

Then you try it and end up with crippling insanity yourself. o.O
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1953 on: April 03, 2011, 02:46:59 am »

Especially when he manages to run himself over, Graham Chapman style. My favorite Python was always Eric Idle though, simply because he was Rincewind in the psx Discworld game.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #1954 on: April 03, 2011, 09:27:07 am »

James was worried. Perhaps this meant he was... AHA! The acolyte had trapped Cal in a series of dreams, so that's obviously what's happening here. James continued to will away the dreams over and over and over again.

Trollan

• Bay Watcher
  • O hai!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1955 on: April 03, 2011, 09:39:32 am »

I think this next short may provide the true reason for his insanity.
Great Day

Maybe not, but I just find it funny.   ::)

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
« Reply #1956 on: April 03, 2011, 09:51:34 am »

After this mission is complete and you guys aren't in immediate danger you will have the sidequest to fix Trol's insanity, battle in the brain for Trol's sanity.

James was worried. Perhaps this meant he was... AHA! The acolyte had trapped Cal in a series of dreams, so that's obviously what's happening here. James continued to will away the dreams over and over and over again.

Technically you have a parasite in your head that's overriding your subconscious, six, half-dozen, you know the schtick. Kill the parasite, kill the dream.
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #1957 on: April 03, 2011, 02:55:26 pm »

Why ddid you tell me that?!?!?!?!!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!!?!? YOU SPOILED IT! >:(

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1958 on: April 03, 2011, 06:10:50 pm »

Why ddid you tell me that?!?!?!?!!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!!?!? YOU SPOILED IT! >:(

Ookay. Doesn't change anything, taking conscious control still hurts it some.

Will run turn a little later, sinus is trying to kill me, and the meds are making reality a little bendy.

PPE: Caught it in review but I thought you could all use the laugh of my previous statement, which was "Linus is trying to kill me." Or you didn't see a lot of snoopy when you were little.
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1959 on: April 03, 2011, 08:17:47 pm »

James Evan

You continue trying to wake up, [Will roll 2] the dream seems to shimmer but nothing happens. The door to the holding cell opens, letting the same pair of armed technocrat thugs from before into the room. Seeing you unbound and standing both of them reach for their weapons.

---

Dominique Wakeman

Dom raised an eyebrow. "I'm not really sure it's a good idea, but you're right. If I end up mentally scarred, though, I'm pushing you over the railing." A hollow threat but one she felt she had to make. With a sigh, she closed her eyes and tried again.

[Kinetics 3+1-1] (-10) You focus, meditation isn't something you doing often but you manage a passable attempt. Your senses feel along the walls, over the rest of the group and begin to creep up the stairs. You can't sense through objects so you have no idea whether the stairs ahead have the fake grenade filled risers, and nothing tiny is very clear... [Intuition 3] Either there aren't anymore tripwire emitters for the next two rotations or you just can't sense them. One of the two. You feel the pair of technocrats briefly, or rather you can feel the residual vibration from where they were running. You're fairly sure they aren't on the stairs anymore.

---

Tarran Smith

"Urgh, well, we shouldn't let Taric get too far ahead." Get up and follow Taric a rotation behind.

You and the rest of the group follow Taric carefully, maybe he'll have more luck on point than you did. After a bit he stops and calls the rest of you up to his level.

---

Taric Sizier

Advance carefully up, checking for those snipers and traps as I go. "Dom, any luck?"

You move up the stairs with care, [Intuition 5] keeping a careful eye for anything out of ordinary. You find nothing though. You advance to one rotation from the top of the tower and spot a different door, heavier than the others and meant to be opened both ways, curious. Set low in the center of the door is a hole for a mag-key.

---

Trol Grane

"Don't worry Bartholomew, you are safe inside my spleen..." Follow the group.

You consider changing your name to another figure from old earth history, but the voices tell you that a higher power will strike you down if you do so. You follow the group, giggling slightly and singing in a low voice that your remember hearing from a tranvestite stripper you once killed called Frank.

---

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1960 on: April 03, 2011, 08:19:30 pm »

Keep walking up.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2011, 08:25:05 pm by Taricus »
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1961 on: April 03, 2011, 08:24:30 pm »

Keep walking while trying to psionically find those bastards.

They are past the door at the top of the complex, the reinforced metal/concrete walls act as a Faraday cage and prevent finding them with Empathetics. Kinetics has problems when trying to sense through solid objects, and as dense and thick as these walls are it will be very hard.
---

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1962 on: April 03, 2011, 08:25:53 pm »

Point, though that means it could survive a large explosion.
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1963 on: April 03, 2011, 08:27:57 pm »

The facility is designed to survive a large number of things, meteorite and light assault included. Shaped charges can blow holes in it (As evidenced by the first mission.) and a direct assault from a ship could destroy it, but most damage is immediately quarantined and the damaged sections reinforced with energy fields.
---

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1964 on: April 03, 2011, 08:33:21 pm »

"Nothing," Dom muttered to herself. At least that was something; definitively knowing nothing was ahead was worse than just acting like there was nothing ahead. She got out her medkit, pulled out the needle and thread, and inspected her wounds. "This is gonna suck." She sighed, took a deep breath, and self-medicated.

If Trol and Tarran still need healing I'll get to them next. ^^
Pages: 1 ... 129 130 [131] 132 133 ... 602