Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 118 119 [120] 121 122 ... 602

Author Topic: Deviation-22. The End of All Things.  (Read 527599 times)

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
Re: Deviation-22 (Sci-Fi RTD) Ch. 2 Out of the night... (Max Villany Reached)
« Reply #1785 on: March 29, 2011, 08:59:05 pm »

I'm just gonna wait until there's listed loot to start taking stuff. I'm also gonna ask to lock my initiative as a series of 1s so I don't run into what everyone else is trying to do. o.O

Dom pushed the corpse over and went for the last remaining trooper, trying to tackle him to the ground.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
« Reply #1786 on: March 29, 2011, 09:58:46 pm »

I'm just gonna wait until there's listed loot to start taking stuff. I'm also gonna ask to lock my initiative as a series of 1s so I don't run into what everyone else is trying to do. o.O

I can lock you behind all relevant player actions if you don't want to go dead last.
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1787 on: March 29, 2011, 10:08:44 pm »

That'll be fine, thanks. Sorry if it doesn't seem like I'm putting much effort into it but I got ridiculously sick out of nowhere yesterday and basically I just feel like crap. -_-;
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1788 on: March 30, 2011, 12:32:19 am »

James Evan

James looked at Cal. "Urg, I just had a horrible dream. I woke up, couldn't remember anything, and after you explained to me what happened, A guy came in and killed you. He left and had a guy there to kill me. I rushed him, overpowered him, and stole his pistol. I had ripped free of cloth bonds. Anyway, I went down the hall and came to a Technocrat thug and trooper. I threw my bonds to distract the trooper, shot his chest, he retreated, and then the trooper took his gauss rifle and painfully killed me."

Cal cocks an eyebrow at you. "Well. That's a fun dream." You suddenly realize that his arms aren't bound now. He looks at you for a few minutes, then he smiles a very cheshire grin. "Too simple though, the figment was quite hasty. Don't worry, I'll make it last this time." A double edged blade appears in his hand, one side serrated, the other simple and straight. "This is the first time you've remembered anything at all, I call that a breakthrough. Let's see if we can expand on that success shall we?"

Something is very wrong here.

Spoiler: Initiative (click to show/hide)

Taric Sizier

Rainbow time!

You draw your centerfold and... do your thing. [Active Empathetics 2 Vs Trooper will 3] (-10 Stamina) You try to make the man feel like a naked woman, but either you're losing your touch or he's got a very firm sense of self. You attack slides off ineffectually, a pity. Well at least you got to feel around on a centerfold for a while. (-10 stamina to maintain mark)

You are now fatigued.

---

Trooper

The Technocrat reloads the rifle frantically, slamming both a new clip and a fresh energy cell into the gun.

---

Jamie Teague

Teague continues advancing and fires on the marked Trooper. [Quickshot 4+1] [Trooper Armor 5] The primitive round smashes against the heavy plates, causing small damage before glancing away. (Trooper Armor -12)

---

Tarran Smith

Shoot the last Trooper in the eyes.

You fire a burst from your assault rifle, [Marksman 3+1+1] [Trooper armor 3] smashing bits of ablative armor into the air and bruising the flesh beneath. (Trooper armor -18 Trooper is slightly hurt)

---

Trol Grane

While Taric has him feeling rainbows, cut his nose off and write my name in his chest. then stab him in the face repeatedly. HE SHALL PAY IN BLOOD

Taric's unconventional assault seems to have failed, but that's not going to stop you from anything. You lung your bayonet into the trooper's face at the first opportunity. [Melee 1 Vs Dodge 6] The trooper steps aside as you charge him, smashes the back of your head with the butt of his rifle, and shoots you in the back as you fly by for good measure. [Trooper quickshot 3+1] Putting yet another bloody hole in your body. (HP -23)

---

Dominique Wakeman

Dom pushed the corpse over and went for the last remaining trooper, trying to tackle him to the ground.

Throwing the slightly used trooper down you tackle the Technocrat who just shot Trol. Again. [Str 1 Vs Str 2+1] You try and tackle the man, but you slip in some of Trol's blood and the Trooper smashing you in the gut with his armored knee as you slide into him. (-3 HP)

---

Ellen Saun

Watching everyone else fail massively Saun lashes out with her knives again. [Melee 3 Vs Dodge 4] Missing by inches as the last Trooper leans backwards and away from the flashing steel.

Spoiler: Enemies (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Domninique Wakeman (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Taric Sizier (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Tarran Smith (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Trol Grane (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Companions (click to show/hide)
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1789 on: March 30, 2011, 12:34:00 am »

MORE RAINBOWS!
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1790 on: March 30, 2011, 12:36:09 am »

You're running low on psychic gas Taric, you try the feel the rainbows stuff again and you'll only have 10 Stamina left.
---

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1791 on: March 30, 2011, 12:39:14 am »

Cancel that then.

Rest for a bit.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1792 on: March 30, 2011, 12:40:47 am »

Get closer to the Trooper while still shooting.
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1793 on: March 30, 2011, 01:21:50 am »

Well, while I'm already down here, Dom thought. She crawled behind the trooper and tried to signal Trol to shove him back so he'd fall down and be an easy target.

Juvenile attacks are the best attacks. :P

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #1795 on: March 30, 2011, 05:44:27 pm »

"What the...?" James tried to break his bonds whilst gettig up and stepping away. Several options of what could possibly going on right now passed through his brain. It could possibly be a dream, but that wouldn't affect his actions because he didn't have the ability to take that chance. He could be trying to break out, but that didn't make sense because of the stuff about remembering and hasty figments. He could be a Technocrat psionic- A likely choice, as it would make sense for the Technocracy to befuddle their prisoners to decrease their revolting ability. Or he could be a psionic from another group- Unlikely, as a non-Technocracy psionic wouldn't have messed with his dreams, and wouldn't have drawn a knife on him.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1796 on: March 30, 2011, 10:03:16 pm »

James Evan

"What the...?" James tried to break his bonds whilst gettig up and stepping away. Several options of what could possibly going on right now passed through his brain. It could possibly be a dream, but that wouldn't affect his actions because he didn't have the ability to take that chance. He could be trying to break out, but that didn't make sense because of the stuff about remembering and hasty figments. He could be a Technocrat psionic- A likely choice, as it would make sense for the Technocracy to befuddle their prisoners to decrease their revolting ability. Or he could be a psionic from another group- Unlikely, as a non-Technocracy psionic wouldn't have messed with his dreams, and wouldn't have drawn a knife on him.

This is not Cal with the knife, and you struggle against your bonds. [Will 4 Vs Acolyte will 2] The bonds fade away almost immediately as you twist against them, and you stand up to face your aggressor. "Shhh... Don't worry. Your my subject, and you can rest assured that I won't actually let you die for good and for true. Captain Shiren, well, you can be thankful he is convinced to let me torture you for a while. After he was through with Callahan the poor bastard kept killing himself by cutting the veins in his wrists with his teeth." Cal's eyes close partway and he draws in breath that most people reserve for smelling good food or getting their back scratched in just the right place. "Shiren operates too quickly and brutally but he got everything he knew out of your friends head, and then he had fun letting Callahan think he was dead and then revealing he was still dreaming over and over again. I don't think your friend ever realized it was real when he chewed through his own wrists for the final time. It was quite amusing." You back into the wall behind you as the Acolyte wearing Cal's face advances, just watching the shining knife spin through his fingers. "So let's make this simple, I really don't give a damn what you say or not, but by all means dig through your mind for anything that I might like to know, and If I'm feeling generous I'll let you die more quickly. Crystal?"

---

Spoiler: Initiative Roll (click to show/hide)

Dominique Wakeman

Well, while I'm already down here, Dom thought. She crawled behind the trooper and tried to signal Trol to shove him back so he'd fall down and be an easy target.

You position your self for good trip and shove while you're still on the ground, Trol doesn't get the point but Ellen does.

---

Ellen Saun

Getting Dom's hint she stabs both knives into the troopers chest with more force than finesse. [Melee 5+1, Confirm critical 4, Trooper armor roll 1, critical confirmed] The knives find the seams in the armor, slicing straight through the ballistic mesh padding that fills the chinks between impact plates and penetrating both lungs. (Trooper Armor -5 Trooper is mortally wounded, will die at the end of next turn.) In addition to having enforced respiratory problems the force of the blow also knocks the trooper over Dom and onto the floor.

---

Trol Grane

Shoot with the shotgun at point blank

You pick yourself up and let loose a blast of super-accelerated particles into the dying trooper. [Quickshot 3+1] [Armor 3-4] Blue white lightning heats the Troopers armor to red hot and crispy fried the trooper within. [Luck roll 2] The broad blast scorches Dom on the way past as well. (Dom -7 HP)

---

Taric Sizier

Rest for a bit.

[Stamina 2] You really don't have the ability to rest in combat very well, and you don't feel any better. Granted Trol blasting the Trooper in crispy bits means you don't have to keep running the psychic marathon, so at least you aren't exhausted.

Spoiler: Loot (click to show/hide)

---

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1797 on: March 30, 2011, 10:06:43 pm »

Dom winced and involuntarily rolled across the ground to try and put out a non-existent fire. That's gonna burn for awhile, she thought grimly as she got back to her feet. "Let's keep going. There's gotta be something here we can use other than the AI core." She grabbed the fully loaded Piru Rifle and a mag for it.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1798 on: March 30, 2011, 10:07:24 pm »

Grab the radio, all power cells, all spare Piru munitions and a piru. After looting get moving.

Trollan

• Bay Watcher
  • O hai!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1799 on: March 30, 2011, 10:18:30 pm »

grab the perfect body armor, use an ORS medkit on myself. paint "YOU WILL END UP LIKE HIM" on a wall with an arrow pionting to a corpse, then cut his nose and ears off, cut his eyes out, then write my name in their chest. make sure to include other horrible art.
Pages: 1 ... 118 119 [120] 121 122 ... 602