Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 97 98 [99] 100 101 ... 602

Author Topic: Deviation-22. The End of All Things.  (Read 528499 times)

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
Re: Deviation-22 (Sci-Fi RTD) Ch. 2 Out of the night... (Max Villany Reached)
« Reply #1470 on: March 24, 2011, 05:06:50 pm »

Hrm, not really sure I like the text acronym method. Messy on big posts (lots and lots of acronym tags), has the potential to screw up entire posts with forgotten /acronym tags, makes everyone have to mouse over text and takes longer to do. I personally prefer the old method, but whatever.

'Aight, just thought I'd give the less messy version a shot. Will probably revert to the old style next turn.
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1472 on: March 24, 2011, 05:08:55 pm »

Also dodge Trol's question.
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1473 on: March 24, 2011, 05:13:47 pm »

I'm curious as to what the tag is to do that. I might try it for handling stuff like Initiative over in the CvRTD; it does make things look a little cleaner when you don't have to break up the action with a bunch of numbers & spoilers.

"Damn, that looks pretty cool," Dom said, picking up the Frankenstein. It was fairly heavy, so she figured she'd lug it around for Taric at the moment. They had to hustle to get back to the training hall where Tarran wanted them anyway. When they arrived a few minutes later, she showed the Frankenstein to him, Trol, and the new guys standing around. "Check this shit out," she said. "He could explain it better'n I can but this thing can totally wreck the opposition." She handed it back to Taric. "Yo, I think I remember you," she said to Teague. "Weren't you with Yvonne?"

SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1474 on: March 24, 2011, 05:18:24 pm »

Hrm, not really sure I like the text acronym method. Messy on big posts (lots and lots of acronym tags), has the potential to screw up entire posts with forgotten /acronym tags, makes everyone have to mouse over text and takes longer to do. I personally prefer the old method, but whatever.

'Aight, just thought I'd give the less messy version a shot. Will probably revert to the old style next turn.
Well, it's good for games that use very little rolls, but for an RTD with a LOT of rolling I personally think it's just simply better to leave the Acronyms out of the rolling. It makes it sound more like a story, I'll admit, but it's slightly annoying in some ways. Some things it's good for, like inventory. Other things like rolls, I don't think so. I guess I'm just a diehard or something.

I'm curious as to what the tag is to do that. I might try it for handling stuff like Initiative over in the CvRTD; it does make things look a little cleaner when you don't have to break up the action with a bunch of numbers & spoilers.

Acronym tag.

Code: [Select]
[Acronym=This is an Acronym]Acronym tag.[/Acronym]
« Last Edit: March 24, 2011, 05:21:58 pm by Tarran »
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1475 on: March 24, 2011, 05:23:21 pm »

Nah, I can see your point. It's not good to overuse anything. ^^ Thanks for letting me know what it is.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1476 on: March 24, 2011, 05:51:18 pm »

If you don't feel like typing out 'Acronym' every single time you can also use 'Abbr' instead. 
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #1477 on: March 24, 2011, 05:53:34 pm »

(OOC: Eep. Callahan. At last I'm not powder maceman. I hope. Anyway, I do have school, so I'm busy 'til around 3:45 PM PST)

Things clicked around in James's mind, and he jolted forwards a small bit. "Oh, yes! I remember now. Freaking warpriest. Sorry about that, Cal." James shook his head a bit to clear it. "Now, I never got a good glimpse at whatever the warpriest was armed with, seeing as though he beat the crap out of me every time he walked in..." James' voice dropped to a whisper as he inched closer. "I think I can definitely break the bonds holding my arms. However, I've been reluctant to do so because obviously, I can't fit them back around my wrists, and I'd probably get the crap beaten out of me. And having refused the Orientation under the Technocrats doesn't help, unfortunately." James rubbed his head again. "Ow." He said at full volume.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1478 on: March 24, 2011, 06:05:23 pm »

Going to make dinner, update later.
---

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #1479 on: March 24, 2011, 06:09:02 pm »

OK.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1480 on: March 24, 2011, 07:06:42 pm »

If you don't feel like typing out 'Acronym' every single time you can also use 'Abbr' instead.
Oh really? Huh, that's much easier than typing Acronym. I'm sure it would've saved a lot of GMers tens of minutes or even hours if they had known that.
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1481 on: March 24, 2011, 08:26:13 pm »

Taric Sizier

Go to tarran. Admire frankenstein

You head back down to the Training hall, admiring your new gun while Dom holds it for you. Now all it needs is a rocket launcher or something fun like that. When you arrive in the training hall you find that Teague, Saun, and Trol are already there with Tarran.

---

Dominique Wakeman   

"Damn, that looks pretty cool," Dom said, picking up the Frankenstein. It was fairly heavy, so she figured she'd lug it around for Taric at the moment. They had to hustle to get back to the training hall where Tarran wanted them anyway. When they arrived a few minutes later, she showed the Frankenstein to him, Trol, and the new guys standing around. "Check this shit out," she said. "He could explain it better'n I can but this thing can totally wreck the opposition." She handed it back to Taric. "Yo, I think I remember you," she said to Teague. "Weren't you with Yvonne?"

You carry the BFG for Taric, all this thing needs is something like a plasma cutter on the end. Once you arrive you greet Teague and start showing off the giant gun. They seem suitably impressed by the lethal weapon.

---

Trol Grane

"So, what didja do to my gun, Taric?" Keep standing.
Also dodge Trol's question.

After admiring the large weapon that Taric made you have to ask what he did for yours, he gets a little evasive but you press him on it. [Trol Verbal Melee 6, Confim critical 5, Taric Verbal dodge 2, Critical confirmed] You skewer him verbally and he reveals that he stuck a pointy piece of metal on the end. Looking at the laser/gauss rifle that he made for himself you are somewhat less than impressed.

Irin Combat Shotgun -Bayonet attached-

---

Tarran Smith

Pace around until Dom and Taric get here.

You pace around angrily until Dom and Taric arrive. Taric arrives looking triumphant, though he gets a little more guilty when he talks to Trol. Dom is carrying what must have been Taric's creation. The weapon looks like the bizarre hybrid of two different guns, if it doesn't explode the first time a person pulls the trigger it looks useful.

---

James Evan

Things clicked around in James's mind, and he jolted forwards a small bit. "Oh, yes! I remember now. Freaking warpriest. Sorry about that, Cal." James shook his head a bit to clear it. "Now, I never got a good glimpse at whatever the warpriest was armed with, seeing as though he beat the crap out of me every time he walked in..." James' voice dropped to a whisper as he inched closer. "I think I can definitely break the bonds holding my arms. However, I've been reluctant to do so because obviously, I can't fit them back around my wrists, and I'd probably get the crap beaten out of me. And having refused the Orientation under the Technocrats doesn't help, unfortunately." James rubbed his head again. "Ow." He said at full volume.

Cal looks at you, still a little concerned. "Yeah you tried the breakout thing once already, that's how you got that bump on your head. Don't worry about being heard man, we're behind steel and concrete walls and nobody comes down here. Except to beat the shit of us, and talking really doesn't change much." You roll your shoulders and try to rub your head. Unfortunately, your hands are bound behind back so you rub your head on the wall instead.

You need a plan, something brilliant, something unexpected, something that can let you take on an entire facility of Technocrats with nothing but your bare hands, one injured man, and some spit.

Everyone but James is getting hungry again.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2011, 08:35:28 pm by Draignean »
---

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1482 on: March 24, 2011, 08:28:26 pm »

Get something to eat.
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1483 on: March 24, 2011, 08:29:56 pm »

"Hey, guys, next time please freaking tell me you're going somewhere or I'll smash your face in. Anyway, let's get something to eat. Introduce yourselves to Teague and Saun while you're on the way, guys."

Lead the group to the 'mess. Have Trol, Taric, and Dom introduce themselves.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1484 on: March 24, 2011, 08:49:24 pm »

"Hmm, wait," Dom said, looking at Ellen and Taric. She sniffed Taric's clothes, then moved over to Saun to compare. "Yeah, that's what I thought. I KNEW he looked too sweaty in the lab earlier." She hadn't specifically seen him leave with Saun, but she knew he had left without fighting anybody. "Well, whatever. If it makes him make guns like that then you should've jumped his bones earlier, we could've used that sonuvabitch against the mech-thing." She gave Tarran an evil grin. "If she's for him, who's this guy for, boss?" she asked, pointing a thumb at Jamie. Perhaps a bit of a mean-spirited comment but they were the FNGs on the squad, and they could take a little ribbing.

"Eh, I'm just playing with ya," she said to Jamie, slugging him on the upper arm as they headed towards the cafeteria. "I'm Dominique Wakeman, these guys just call me Dom. Normally I'm not in this good of a mood, so don't get used to it."
Pages: 1 ... 97 98 [99] 100 101 ... 602