Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 95 96 [97] 98 99 ... 602

Author Topic: Deviation-22. The End of All Things.  (Read 528620 times)

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
Re: Deviation-22 (Sci-Fi RTD) Ch. 2 Out of the night... (Max Villany Reached)
« Reply #1440 on: March 23, 2011, 07:39:41 pm »

Taric Sizier

Head to engineering.

"I was lying in bed trying to catch my breath, half-ashamed, half-smiling at the things we did...
- Old earth music

Feeling that all is right with the world you eventually give in to the nagging realization that there are in fact other things that you need to do, not just Saun. Nigh unreasonably happy you make it into the labs, and you find it a flurry of welcoming activity once again. Scarface -Who's name you manage to get this time, it's Max- has a few new things to show you. Apparently the armory had a bunch of modification sets for the weapons, and your team gets to pick out three for their use.

Spoiler: Weapon Modifications (click to show/hide)

---

Tarran Smith

"Hell yes."

Make a minor celebration then look for Jamie Teague.

[Luck roll 2] For some reason the new wave disco seems the appropriate way to celebrate your achievement. You disco solo with the training gun until someone takes it away from you. It makes you sad. Setting that aside though, Jamie Should be here.... [Observation 2] You think you see him in one of the larger betting groups, but when you get there you lose sight of him.

---

Dominique Wakeman

Dom wasn't quite ready for Trol's more experienced abilities, and despite a strong effort on her part he managed to get through. "Woah, woah, OK, I give!" she said after a moment, holding her hands up. Damn... lose three times in one day... I hope that's all. He'd certainly got the better of her that time. Maybe he'd just used the first match to test her defenses? No use getting paranoid about it... "Thanks for the practice. I'm gonna go pick up my stuff, be right back," she said, leaving to go to the signifier's office.

Win some lose some, you'll kick their collective asses later. Now though, you need to get your ass kicking gear. The walk to the Signifer is largely uneventful, besides passing a very peaceful looking Taric. The Signifer is parceling out a small case of grenades to a group Unchained when you arrive, and you wait a bit. Checking you account before making a purchase. You have 71RC now, guess you're worth not sending into battle practically in the nude now.

You have enough to purchase the Assault rifle and the 2 clips but you'll only have 10 RC left over.   

Trol Grane

Talk to some other unchained, try to make a friend

You spend some time chatting with the other unchained fighters. [Speech 4] You're one of the heroes of the battle against the Independents, and you have a good time talking about blowing peoples heads off and how you regret not doing it up close and personal with the knife.

+1/20 Reputation with the unchained.

--- 

James Evan

Although every instinct in his mind told James to freak out, The more logical side of him told him he'd get the crap beaten out of him again. James took another look around, taking full note of the person in front of him. He thought to himself: "Gah. Let's see the details of this situation." He strained his memories. "Oh yeah," he thought, "Technocracy, argh." James wiggled hsi fingers, testing his slack exactly, and attempted to find out by feel exactly what was tying him up. Oh God, he was hurting. He silently prayed a little. Silently, as to not get beaten again by his holders.

You test the strength of the bonds on your wrists, [Observation 3] it feels like knotted cloth you think you could break it but there would be no way for you to get it back on your wrists. The other person in the cell with you sees you twisting a little and speaks, you can see his knees shift jerkily towards you. "Hey, James you're awake! The voice is male, and is as scratchy and hoarse from lack of water as your own must be. "I thought that bastard had put you out for good that time, I'd ask you how you feel, but that's a pretty damn stupid question right now. Can you sit up?"
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1441 on: March 23, 2011, 07:44:10 pm »

Tell max to put a bayonet on the Irin. Then See if I can combine the Broadbeam with the jormungandr
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #1442 on: March 23, 2011, 07:45:31 pm »

James attempted to sit up. "Gah, I feel like crap. Jeez I got beaten up. Anyway, my head hurts so badly, I'm having a bit of trouble easily remembering things. Can you tell me exactly what happened again? Might help out with this situation." James tested the slack he had, twisting his wrists as much as he could. Couldn't hurt.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1443 on: March 23, 2011, 08:09:04 pm »

Wonder what he's all about, Dom thought as she approached a slightly spacier than normal-looking Taric. ...Maybe I shouldn't think about it too much. I probably wouldn't understand anyway. Most likely he was planning out some weapon that would annihilate the independents. Maybe I'll get to try it out. That'd be cool. She nodded to him as they passed, but she didn't want to distract him so she didn't say anything.

After reaching the office and scanning through the list, she eventually settled on getting an assault rifle with a pair of clips for it. 10 creds wasn't enough for much of anything else, but she could still afford a medkit, so she ordered one. Hmm, now what to do... She thought about it while putting on her armor and fitting her equipment to the correct places. ...guess I could go see what Taric's up to. She nodded to the signifier and left for the labs.

About the mods, do we all pick three for ourselves, or do we pick three in general, or what? Because if they're individual then I'd choose a laser sight for my pistol and AR, and a bayonet for the pistol as well. If we're picking as a team then I vote laser sights. ^^
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1444 on: March 23, 2011, 08:10:23 pm »

Laser sights definitly.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1445 on: March 23, 2011, 08:56:57 pm »

What about a scope for me?

"Goddammit where did everyone go?"

Look for Teague again.
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1446 on: March 23, 2011, 08:57:25 pm »

Three upgrades...

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1447 on: March 23, 2011, 09:00:43 pm »

Three upgrades...
Fine, fine. Whatever. Besides, I'm not there to voice my complaint in the actual game.
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1449 on: March 23, 2011, 10:33:12 pm »

So the Currently Selected Mods are 1 laser sight, 1 scope, 1 Bayonet?
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1450 on: March 23, 2011, 10:37:19 pm »

Pretty much, unless we can choose more.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1451 on: March 23, 2011, 11:41:47 pm »

Taric Sizier

Tell max to put a bayonet on the Irin. Then See if I can combine the Broadbeam with the jormungandr.

You grab a bayonet from Max and stick it on the Irin, the head of Unchained research team probably has something better to do than add screw in components to your guns. After that you start looking at ways to splice the ALR broadbeam with the Jormungandr. It's an interesting problem, made more so by the fact that the Jormungandr is Gauss, and thus they drain the same powercell... [Int 1 (Bonus negated)] Hey! That could work! You quickly grab some tools and begin working. [Luck roll 5] A power cell overloads immediately when you splice some lines together and explodes in a fountain of sparks, you manage to avoid harm and only manage to attract a bit of surprised laughter from the rest of the lab. Damn, a least you didn't destroy what you were working on.

---   

Tarran Smith

"Goddammit where did everyone go?"

Look for Teague again.

Taric is gone and so is Saun, you have a nagging insight that those two are somehow connected. [Observation roll 1] You think you spot Teague and you tap him in the shoulder. "Hey Jamie, need to talk to you." Well that's what you meant to say, apparently the guy took it as 'Hey Baby' instead of 'Hey Jamie'. Ah damn, wrong shoulder too. This is not Teague. He's about 6'7, his arms are as big around as your torso, and apparently he has security issues. He growls in a way previously reserved for the members of the Ursine families, scruffs you, and bodily throws you into the arena. Oh. Fuck. On the upside, you can see Jamie Watching the fight with a look of surprise and slight alarm. You don't have a lot of time to be relieved that you found Teague, Gigantor cuts it short by throwing a fist into your face. [Gigantor Melee roll 2+1 Vs 4+1 Dodge] It's a clumsy first blow and you dodge to the side, rolling and coming up with a punch to his short ribs. [Melee 3 Vs Gigantor dodge 1] He isn't a limber guy, physically or mentally, and it looks like it's taking a while for his mind to comprehend 'Urnh annoying man not flat-flat. Where go?' and your fist strikes home. [Soak roll 3+1] He grunts, and tries to bat you out of the ring with a forearm smash. [Gigantor Melee 2+1 Vs Dodge 2+1] His arm clips your scapula as you try to get out of the way, and he has another fist raised in a moment. [Gigantor Melee 2+1 Vs Dodge 4+1] You wonder if the guy fights this badly all the time, or just when he's angry. You pop up for another quick strike [Melee roll 1 (Auto fail)] and you trip over your own feet in time to see yet another big fist flying at you. [Melee 3+1 Vs Dodge 1 (Bonus Negated)] [Gigantor Str roll 4+2, confirm critical 2, Passive Kinetics roll 5+1, confirm and attack failed] His fist hits you full in the face with enough force to knock out a cow, however instead of breaking parts of your face you want to keep, it feels like someone hit you with the worlds largest feather pillow. You're knocked back a foot and put off balance, Gigantor is vaguely surprised. You can practically see the avalanche of thought. 'Ung. Man have hard face, must smash hard!' You take advantage of the confusion and charge him [Melee 6+1, Confirm critical 5, Gigantor Soak roll 2, critical confirmed] you spring into the air and bring the point of your knee into his jaw. He staggers backwards and falls over, eyes unfocused and glassy. Your knee hurts.

You have had it with this goddamn goose chase. "Teague, front and center!

+3/8ths melee

---

Trol Grane

Keep chatting

You continue Shmoozing. [Speech roll 4] You magnify or magnificence magnificently. You think you've made about as many connections as is possible with this group of unchained though.

+1/20th Unchained reputation.

---

Dominique Wakeman

Wonder what he's all about, Dom thought as she approached a slightly spacier than normal-looking Taric. ...Maybe I shouldn't think about it too much. I probably wouldn't understand anyway. Most likely he was planning out some weapon that would annihilate the independents. Maybe I'll get to try it out. That'd be cool. She nodded to him as they passed, but she didn't want to distract him so she didn't say anything.

After reaching the office and scanning through the list, she eventually settled on getting an assault rifle with a pair of clips for it. 10 creds wasn't enough for much of anything else, but she could still afford a medkit, so she ordered one. Hmm, now what to do... She thought about it while putting on her armor and fitting her equipment to the correct places. ...guess I could go see what Taric's up to. She nodded to the signifier and left for the labs.

You make your purchases after the other Unchained are done, grabbing your stuff and heading off to follow Taric. Hopefully the mad scientist will have something devastating for you to toy with.

---

James Evan

James attempted to sit up. "Gah, I feel like crap. Jeez I got beaten up. Anyway, my head hurts so badly, I'm having a bit of trouble easily remembering things. Can you tell me exactly what happened again? Might help out with this situation." James tested the slack he had, twisting his wrists as much as he could. Couldn't hurt.

You sit up and test your bonds while the other prisoner speaks. Your bonds are tight, but you can twist about a quarter of an inch before you start to cut off your on circulation. "Damn, sorry 'bout the head wound. Well I'm Callahan but you've called me Cal since we got here." The last bit was given some forced laughter to reinforce how it was a joke, and that you were supposed to remember. "We were part of a group that they say was brought here to take some of their staff off duty. They found out about of few... deviations we have. Your religion, my 12 toes, Amos being gay, Saun being crazy as a hellcat, a lot of us had something it seems. I think we were sent here to be done away with and just fed a cover story..." He shakes his head in frustration. "It worked. Some of them went voluntarily to something the Warpriest called Orientation, more of us stayed behind. We were scheduled to go to meeting, and by scheduled I mean dragged and bound, I don't know what was supposed to happen to us and I don't want to. We didn't make the meeting on account of a prisoner revolt, the Technocrats dragged us back here, but things have been tense. The Warpriest is still alive and he occasionally lets of some steam by beating the shit out of some prisoners."   

---

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1452 on: March 23, 2011, 11:48:30 pm »

"TROL! DOM! TARIC! SAUN! GET YOUR ASSES OVER HERE!"

Gather all my teammates that may be around and drag them outside the arena, literally if needed, and ORDER them to STAY STILL.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1453 on: March 23, 2011, 11:51:19 pm »

Ah, forgot to mention in the turn post.

You have 3-5 turns left before I start advancing plot on you again.
---
Pages: 1 ... 95 96 [97] 98 99 ... 602