Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 67 68 [69] 70 71 ... 602

Author Topic: Deviation-22. The End of All Things.  (Read 527379 times)

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Deviation-22 (Sci-Fi RTD) Ch. 1, Don't psy angry.
« Reply #1020 on: March 17, 2011, 02:16:47 pm »

Damn, I have a burst of inspiration now :D
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1021 on: March 17, 2011, 02:24:34 pm »

Damn it. lol. My curiosity is going to get the better of me again, I can just feel it, so... whatcha thinking?
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1022 on: March 17, 2011, 02:25:52 pm »

No it doesn't involve any sex.

Dom could use Taric as a thrown weapon.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
« Reply #1023 on: March 17, 2011, 02:28:25 pm »

Just a question out of curiosity because there's no way I'm actually going to try it, but would it be possible to emulate rocket-jumping with Slams? Because I was thinking that if you could use them correctly/carefully you could change direction in mid-air and things like that.

Yes that would work...  ;D
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1024 on: March 17, 2011, 02:33:39 pm »

Ah, cool. @Taric: That's good, since it seems like that comes up a lot. :P
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1025 on: March 17, 2011, 03:23:49 pm »

Shoot the walker in it's least wounded spot.

Ah, cool. @Taric: That's good, since it seems like that comes up a lot. :P
Indeed. :P
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Trollan

• Bay Watcher
  • O hai!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1026 on: March 17, 2011, 05:46:26 pm »

STAB THE WALKER!!!!

every fight needs at least one use of a knife

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1027 on: March 17, 2011, 06:19:47 pm »

Alright Trol, choice of perks for you... (Update in a little bit, spring fever :( )

Disruptor: Shields just don't like you, and you really don't like them.
Effect: On a natural 4-6 when striking a shield the person maintaining the shield must make a will roll or lose the shield. The same rule applies against shields that you are maintaining.

Knife in a gunfight: Something just makes it natural for you to try and slash the crap out of your opponent, especially when they've got something with some range on it.
Effect: Auto confirmed critical hits when using melee weapons against an opponent with a ranged weapon. Your own range increment is 10' shorter.  (5-25' Short, 26-60' medium, 61-110' Long)

I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1028 on: March 17, 2011, 06:20:58 pm »

Knife beats bio-mech :D

Trollan

• Bay Watcher
  • O hai!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1029 on: March 17, 2011, 07:01:23 pm »

Pfft, easy choice.

Knife in a gunfight perk for me.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1030 on: March 17, 2011, 07:13:26 pm »

Personally I'd have gone with disruptor, but hey, that's me.
---

Trollan

• Bay Watcher
  • O hai!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1031 on: March 17, 2011, 08:49:59 pm »

Personally I'd have gone with disruptor, but hey, that's me.

Has to fit flavor-wise, plus, i dont only play to win, i play for fun.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1032 on: March 17, 2011, 09:22:07 pm »

Spoiler: Initiative Roll (click to show/hide)

Dominique Wakeman

"Damn it... what the hell do we have to do to that thing?" Dom wondered aloud. Another of the Unchained had fallen. "Shit, that's bad." She got to her feet unsteadily and moved towards the group, drawing her Abassy and taking a shot at the walker as she went.
'

Drawing yourself up you move towards the monstrosity, [dex 5, you are now in short range] firing your weapon with surprising accuracy considering the fact that guns aren't your thing, you're moving, and you're exhausted.  [Marksman 4] [Shield roll 5+2-1-2 energy drain] The walker may be wounded, but her shields are still intact. The heavy round deforms and makes it through with barely enough force to plink the Walker's armor.

---

Taric Sizier

Lie down

You lie on the ground, you aren't sure why but something tells you that this was a good plan. [Stamina 2] This metal floor is really comfy... maybe a couple of... minutes rest...

---

Hake Nohken

Hake lashes out again, not physically this time. [Blade 3+2+1-1-2 energy drain] Lashing out with a slender blade at the independents. [Morgan Precognition 3+2-1 tiring] The blade forms slowly, and Morgan's massed independents either hit the deck or step backwards to avoid the slash.

---

Unchained Link

[Hake shield roll 1-2-2 (Bonus negated energy drain] The strange energy lance that Morgan is pressing absorbs the shield and punches through, [Walker Armor roll 4+3-2 Vs Voidcracker 4+2+1-1-1 tiring] and begins literally chewing through the armor, tearing off one tiny bit of armor at a time. You feel your loose hair and clothing begin the drift slowly toward the Praetor's psionic weapon.

---

Tarran Smith

Shoot the walker in it's least wounded spot.

You aim for the walker's center of mass and aim carefully for a moment, choosing your moment with care. [Marksman 2+1+1] Apparently this whole care thing is overrated and you very nearly miss, hitting the Walker where its shoulder should be. [Armor roll 2+3-5] Spewing yet more ichor over the independents, you hope they get complimentary dry cleaning.

Ichneumon is out of ammo
You have no more ammo for the ichneumon.

---

Trol Grane

STAB THE WALKER!!!!

[Intuition roll: This is the most awesome idea you've ever had, and nothing could possibly go wrong!] You charge the Walker with your dinky little knife raised, shouting a heathen battlecry. [Dex 2] You slip and slide some but you reach the walker intact (if a little off balance) and attack it with your knife. [Melee 2-1 off balance Vs Armor 3+3] Your little knife threatens to snap when stabbed against the walker's thick chitin. Honestly, this stuff deflects bullets, what did you expect?

---

Voidcracker

The massive energy draw from the beam reaches the maximum extent that Morgan control without killing himself, and it breaks free as it was designed to. [Intensity roll 4] [Walker luck roll 5] [Hake luck roll 4] [Trol luck roll 6] The explosion rips large chunks of the walker right off and sends it flying backwards, but it remains roughly alive. (Walker is now Near Death) Hake is shielded by the blast by the walker, and is only fractionally damaged by bits of chitin flying around inside the carapace. (Hake is hurt) Trol being near enough to stab the Walker with a hold out knife is caught in the blast but jumps on top of the sliding walker like a boss, and remains somehow unharmed.

Walker armor is compromised (50% chance to negate armor bonus to +1)
Unchained distance to walker increased to medium
Taric distance to walker decreased to short 
Dom distance to walker decreased to short

---

Prototype Bio-walker

...And now with flailing hands we throw...

You can't be sure, but you think you hear faint poetry coming from the walker. Stranger and stranger.

---

Status
Warning: Tarran's health is below 50%
Warning: Taric's health is below 30%
Warning: Trol's health is below 50%

Trol is Fatigued
Taric is Exhausted
Dom is Exhausted

Spoiler: Domninique Wakeman (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Taric Sizier (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Tarran Smith (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Trol Grane (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Enemies (click to show/hide)

« Last Edit: March 17, 2011, 09:24:32 pm by Draignean »
---

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1033 on: March 17, 2011, 09:24:25 pm »

Sleep.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1034 on: March 17, 2011, 09:31:11 pm »

"Urgh, whew, getting numb. Just a little more, Tarran, just a little more..."

Pull out my Jormungandr and reload.
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.
Pages: 1 ... 67 68 [69] 70 71 ... 602