Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 63 64 [65] 66 67 ... 602

Author Topic: Deviation-22. The End of All Things.  (Read 527094 times)

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile

Tarran, that gun only holds one round.
Then why do the sabot packs have "(2)" on them?
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Open fire!
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile

I could be a guy sent in before the gate screwed up to help the Technocracy side of the base, but due to my refusal to cooperate could just be an un-psionic prisoner. (Not having gone through the Orientation becuse I don't cooperate with them)

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile

Tarran, that gun only holds one round.
Then why do the sabot packs have "(2)" on them?

The Ichneumon chambers one round and has a speed loader for one other. So assuming you start fully loaded the firing sequence is like this.

Fire, Reload
Fire.
Reload [Roll to speed load, if yes then also fire]
Fire, reload.
Fire (only if the speed load roll above was failed.)
Reload [Roll to speed load, if yes then also fire]

Turn will be in a bit.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2011, 12:50:43 pm by Draignean »
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Spoiler: Initiative (click to show/hide)

Taric Sizier

Open fire!

Well that's enough resting for now, time to see how hard the big guy falls. [Marksman 5+1] The laser lashes out [Shield roll 5+2-3], burning through the shields. [Confirm critical roll 3 Vs armor 4+3-3, confirm failed.] It cuts a deep slash into the armor and into the organics of the walker. (Walker is still wounded.)

---

Tarran Smith

"YA MISSED ME!"

Fire twice, aiming for what seems to be the weakest points.

[Dex roll 2, trick shot not allowed.] You fire on the walker again, it might try to kill you but you know you can't stop just because you're afraid of being made into bloody smear. [Marksman 3+1+1] [Shield roll 5+2-3] Hake seems to have thought it prudent to spend some time on the shields back there, even so the round manages to penetrate the hardened shields, if only just. [Hake armor roll 2+3-5] Taking careful aim you blow a hole through one of it's arms, damaging a focusing rail.

---

Trol Grane

Reload fenrir, get the fuck away from hake

You reload and put some distance between yourself and hake, whatever he's doing doesn't look good. [Dex 5] Distance increased to medium range.

---

Dominique Wakeman

"Shit. Fuckin' thing..." Dom mumbled, shaking the carbine. It felt like there was more acid in the tank, it just wasn't getting through. Damn thing's shaking it off, too. There's gotta be something I can do here. She looked up towards the ceiling. Maybe there would be a loose i-beam or something that would require just the slightest nudge to fall...

You look up, hoping for an easy way to nail this sucker. [Observation 3] Well, there's the ruined remains of the floor you were standing on, but even if it fell the rest of the way the Walker would still be a good forty feet from being crushed under it.

---

Unchained (Linked)

While Hake is still doing whatever they try to lash out again, this time with fire. [Pyrokinesis 5+2+2-2 Vs Walker Passive Kinetics 5+2] Even while the the strange force that Hake is still powering up continues to grow, the Walker counters the unchained assault, if only just. The linked Unchained are all under tremendous strain, in a battle of attrition Hake seems to somehow be able to come out on top.

---

Hake Nohken

[Voidcracker 1-1 damaged rail] [Luck roll 4] Whatever Hake was trying to do sputters into a beam for a few seconds, then falls apart into wisps of energy. Hake roars in rage and tries to start again. [Voidcracker 1-1 damaged rail] [Luck roll 3] He gives an object lesson in way you should attempt sub-atomic particle manipulation when batshit insane, and whatever he's trying to do blows up. The surface of the armor sears and and several pocks appear in the armor. Laughing and screaming incoherently he charges the Unchained.

---

Prototype Bio-walker

Damaged amplifier conduits, ORS regeneration difficult. Compensate for power loss using second conduit. Combat longevity is compromised, abrogation of combat recommended action. Overridden by control.

[Soak roll 2+1] The walker attempts to divert flow to the other rails, but the procedure is complex and difficult in the field. More time will be necessary.

Walker arm damage will be bypassed at the end of the Walker's next turn.

Status
Warning: Tarran's health is below 50%
Warning: Taric's health is below 30%
Warning: Trol's health is below 50%

Trol is Fatigued
Taric is Exhausted
Dom is Fatigued

Spoiler: Domninique Wakeman (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Taric Sizier (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Tarran Smith (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Trol Grane (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Enemies (click to show/hide)

I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Keep firing!

Holy hell, Tired Taric is dangerous taric ;D
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Yeah, you got bloody lucky to get that Marksman bonus.
---

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
Re: Deviation-22 (Sci-Fi RTD) Ch. 1, Don't psy angry.
« Reply #968 on: March 15, 2011, 02:59:41 pm »

Dom turned her attention away from the ceiling and back to the walker itself, now charging. Hell, maybe I should just trying jumping on it and seeing if I can't haul the bastard out. Probably not a good idea, actually. Instead she tried the acid again while falling back, to prevent getting trampled.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #969 on: March 15, 2011, 03:28:13 pm »

"HAH! Didn't like that, did 'ya?! Screw you and the rest of your buddies!"

Reload and fire again at one of the walker's legs.

Wow, it's just not Hake's day rolling two 1s and getting two -1s from me damaging his rail.
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #971 on: March 15, 2011, 06:11:38 pm »

I could be a guy sent in before the gate screwed up to help the Technocracy side of the base, but due to my refusal to cooperate could just be an un-psionic prisoner. (Not having gone through the Orientation becuse I don't cooperate with them)
« Last Edit: March 15, 2011, 07:17:42 pm by Powder Miner »

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #972 on: March 15, 2011, 07:19:40 pm »

Yeah sorry, saw and forgot to reply.

That should work fine... You'll wait until Chapter 2 to added to the group though

Now I just need to feel out whether I can work with five people at once well enough.
---

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #973 on: March 15, 2011, 07:22:10 pm »

OK, that works. I bet you could! After all, you do simulate turns for all the independent fighters and allies...

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #974 on: March 15, 2011, 11:09:37 pm »

Spoiler: Initiative (click to show/hide)

Unchained Link

The link prepares for Hake's reckless charge, throwing force his way in a blind attempt to slow him down. [Slam 3-2+2+2-1 Linked, tiring] [Walker Shield roll 3+2] The link is tiring, and it shows. The tightly directed force that punched through his shields before is in little evidence, and the blow scatters into the shield in a flash of heated atmosphere.

---

Dominique Wakeman

Dom turned her attention away from the ceiling and back to the walker itself, now charging. Hell, maybe I should just trying jumping on it and seeing if I can't haul the bastard out. Probably not a good idea, actually. Instead she tried the acid again while falling back, to prevent getting trampled.

You stand aside and spray more acid on Hake's shields. [Auto-hit] The shielding crackles under stress briefly [Will roll 3+2+1-2 Prepared, difficulty] but the walker is prepared this time. The shield pops forward a half-inch for a moment, springing the acid off the shielding. Damnit. Some of those incendiary canisters or a grenade would be helpful right about now.

---

Trol Grane

Get into best range for my fenrir, headshot hake

Apparently you're a little confused, and you run back the direction you just ran away from. [Dex 3] Running back you raise your pistol and cut loose, aiming for the Walker's center of mass. [Quickshot 2-1 running shot] [Shield 4+2-2] You strike the shield obliquely, doing absolutely nothing to it.

You are back in short range.

---

Hake Nohken

[Walker Dex 3+1] The walker covers the distance to the unchained in seconds with long pounding strides. [Disrupt 4+2+1-1] Hake slams one of the Mech's rail tipped arms directly into the shield. [Shield roll 3+2] The shield crackles ominously has the arm pierces, and then fills with a thousand rainbows of color. [Hake will roll 6 (insanity modifier roll +2) Vs Praetor Morgan Will 2+2+2-1] The shield explodes inwards to the sound of Hakes psychic laughter, leaving the Unchained briefly unprotected.

Hake is now at melee range with the unchained, distance to Trol, Taric, and Dom increased to medium.
---

Taric Sizier

Keep firing!

You keep firing on Hake even as he charges on the Unchained group. [Marksman 4] [Walker shield 6+2-3] Hake, insane though he may be, made a point to reinforce the shielding on his hind and flanks. Apparently he considers you a threat, you feel flattered.

---

Tarran Smith

"HAH! Didn't like that, did 'ya?! Screw you and the rest of your buddies!"

Reload and fire again at one of the walker's legs.

[Dex 6+2] You reload the rifle and push another sabot into the speed loader for good measure without even taking your eyes from the target. [Marksman 3+1+1] [Shield roll 2+2-3] You smash a round through the ripple of Taric's deflected shot, [Armor 1-5 (Bonus negated)] and the heavy round blasts a hole through the 'knee' joint of the walker, splattering ichor and chitin bits everywhere.

(Walker is Heavily wounded, mobility is compromised.)

---

Prototype Bio-walker

Leg disabled, ORS ineffective. Rail fluctuation stabilized. Begin kinetic bracing. System focus failing, deploy stimulant sacs.

The walker's damaged leg begins to shimmer with energy, [Kinetics 4] making a brace to restore some motion to the leg.

---

Status
Warning: Tarran's health is below 50%
Warning: Taric's health is below 30%
Warning: Trol's health is below 50%

Trol is Fatigued
Taric is Exhausted
Dom is Fatigued

Spoiler: Domninique Wakeman (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Taric Sizier (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Tarran Smith (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Trol Grane (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Enemies (click to show/hide)

---
Pages: 1 ... 63 64 [65] 66 67 ... 602