Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 60 61 [62] 63 64 ... 602

Author Topic: Deviation-22. The End of All Things.  (Read 527032 times)

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile

"Shit... I don't know. I don't think I could survive the fall if I hit too hard, but if we don't help them soon they're toast."

"Wait, I've still got my Ichneumon. I could give you three support while you fight. Go, help them, I'll cover you three. Don't worry about me, I can handle myself."

Set up my Ichneumon and aim at the most deadliest looking enemy.
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile

"All right. Here." Dom took out her two chimeras and handed them over. "In case someone tries to sneak up on you." Drawing her carbine, she took a deep breath to steady herself and dropped onto the slope, hoping she could cushion her fall.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"TARRAN, Aim for the mecha-looking thing!"
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile

Spoiler: Initiative (click to show/hide)

Hake Nohken, Fallen Praetor of the Unchained

The Pilot of the strange walker doesn't even pay attention to the bodies falling off of the ceiling behind it, a few more corpses are of now concern now. Trying to keep Praetor off balance Hake changes the fight up bit, bringing fire down instead of force. [Pyrokinesis 5+2+1 Walker support] The air around the walker's arms begins to shimmer with heat, and then it lashes out into Morgan's group. [Active Kinetics 5+2+2 Linked] The invisible blast of burning heat washes through the straight up kinetic shields, and then fades as the Unchained employ the same trick in reverse.

---

Taric Sizier

"It's a machine, we can hack it." Hack the mech.

Brains and CPUs, all the same really. You reach out mentally, trying to find the packets of electrons that make up the Mech's system. Hmm... Well that is interesting. [Will roll Auto-success] Anyone but you would have been screaming surprise and alarm by now, because the Walker doesn't have a CPU or any variation thereof. It has a brain, well technically it has three brains.

The Walker isn't a machine, it's alive. Not only is it alive but you can feel it regard you with a sort of clinical disinterest of whether to regard you a threat or not. You can feel the bits of its mind that are linked back into the man reclining inside, but the suit itself is alive, thinking, and self aware. Normal people would be completely unprepared for this, you are not normal people. First of all, you're a person.  Second, you're a mother. fucking. genius. You adjust the hack to affect the biological entity that is the walker. [Shatter mind 2, Canceled by Mind bar.] You try to attack the thing, focusing your will to try and cause strife between the three brains, only to be stonewalled by something that you can't even sense. Huh, it might be time to yell for Tarran now.

You are exhausted, bonus rolls are at 1/4, passive abilities disabled.

---

Tarran Smith

"Shit... I don't know. I don't think I could survive the fall if I hit too hard, but if we don't help them soon they're toast."

"Wait, I've still got my Ichneumon. I could give you three support while you fight. Go, help them, I'll cover you three. Don't worry about me, I can handle myself."

Set up my Ichneumon and aim at the most deadliest looking enemy.

You're injuries are pretty bad, and you can't risk the fall busting your bandages open again. Urging Dom to go ahead you set up the Ichneumon and take careful aim at the Walker. You've never even tried to take down something this big before, you have a feeling this is going to be dicey.

Chimera pistols x2 added

---

Trol Grane

STAB ITShoot it with the irin in close range

You briefly consider going after the big machine with your knife, in a rare fit of sanity you manage to dismiss the notion and you open fire on the Walker. [Quickshot 5] The shotgun belches crackling energy in a tight dispersal pattern, striking a shield that surrounds the walker. Brilliant. [Shield roll 1 (bonus negated)] Apparently it wasn't expected an impact from the flank and the shield barely hinders the bolt on its way. [Bio-Walker will roll 3+2] The shield snaps back together behind the bolt, but it's too late. [Walker armor roll 4+3-4] At this range the intense particle bolt slices into the Walker's armor plating with a smell unpleasantly reminiscent of burning hair. (Walker is hurt) The Walker then does something unexpected, it lets out a cry of pain. No physical sound issues forth, the message is psychic. And pissed.

Well that certainly got its attention. 

---

Dominique Wakeman

"All right. Here." Dom took out her two chimeras and handed them over. "In case someone tries to sneak up on you." Drawing her carbine, she took a deep breath to steady herself and dropped onto the slope, hoping she could cushion her fall.

You really REALLY hope you can pull of what you did on the drop at will, God that seems like an eternity ago... Steeling yourself you jump off the edge. [Active Kinetics 3+1] (-15 Stamina) Air whistles past you and you try to use your brief moments to... ah there it goes! 

You hit the ground with the steel rending force of a vehicle accident. [Will 4] There is a heartbeat of stillness as you kneel on the floor, and then the shockwave of delayed kinetic energy from the fall slams back into the floor. Pulling up the metal tiles from the reinforced concrete in a ten foot circle centered on you.

You rise from your hands and knees with no apparent effort and draw your carbine, the only thing keeping you from a witty one liner is the constant screaming and terrified voice in the back of your head that insists that you should be a bloody smear now. Dramatic entrances, you have them in spades.

You are Fatigued.

---

Unchained (Linked)

The group of Unchained moves as one, opening a withering barrage of fire on the Walker. [Quickshot 3, 4, 2, 2, 6] [Confirm critical A roll 4, Vs shield roll 3+2] Nearly every shot sends concentric ripples of light through the walker's shield but one burst gets through on the heels of another. [Walker Armor roll 3+3-1 heavy round] The single slug doesn't even stand out against the armor, let along faze the thing, why are they wasting ammunition-  oh. The group of people who were introduced as the shrikes on top of the comms tower level launchers at the thing and fire in one motion. The burst of fire had only been to disrupt the thing's focus, not to hurt it. [Quick shot 3, 6, 2] [Hake Precognition 4+1+1-1 walker assistance, split focus] Hake sees two of them coming and they divert from their course and smash holes in the floor. The third missile blindsides his shields, [Shield roll 3+2-1 split focus.] [Confirm critical B roll 3, Walker armor roll 1 (bonus negated), critical confirmed] punching a hole in them and smashing explosively into the armor. Apparently this thing is tougher than ceilings, 'cause it doesn't just blow apart when hit like that. It's hurt now, and very Very angry. (Walker is now Moderately Wounded)

---

Ivan and the Independent

Ivan: [Will roll 2] He panics as he falls and can't do anything other than scream in terror as the floor rears up to say hi. [Soak roll 3-2 panic] He doesn't make it.

Independent: [Will roll 2] Like Ivan the female independent seems to have no practical experience with falling huge distances, a serious flaw in their training regimen in your opinion. [Soak roll 2-2 panic] If it's possible she's even more dead than Ivan is.

---

Prototype Bio-Walker

Carapace Breached, mild damage to secondary systems. Interface intact, new forces have joined combat. Conflict least desirable action, overridden by control. Mending damage secondary option, deploying Tertiary ORS sacs.

The Walker shudders for a moment, and a thick spread of translucent pseudo flesh begins to help close its wounds.  It isn't the same as the carapace, but it will certainly help keep the walker in the fight, and it'll make it a lot harder to disable. The bad guys just don't play fair.

---

Status
Warning: Tarran's health is below 50%
Warning: Taric's health is below 30%
Warning: Trol's health is below 50%

Trol is Fatigued
Taric is Exhausted
Dom is Fatigued

Spoiler: Domninique Wakeman (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Taric Sizier (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Tarran Smith (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Trol Grane (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Enemies (click to show/hide)

I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Get down and catch my breath. take my Broadbeam out and aim it at the thing.

Time for some broadbeaming...

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile

Fire straight down the center of the Walker.
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I really can't tell whether I balanced this fight right... No way to test really before it happened.

Also Taric, as a point of interested you are very lucky you got that perk when I did. Before I proofread and realized that you had the auto-succeed going for you you had rolled a one on your hacking will roll. Things were not going at all well for you.  8)

I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Insanity, better to embrace it then suffer.

Also are supproting my "Shipping"?

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Insanity, better to embrace it then suffer.

Also are supproting my "Shipping"?

Uh...

Clarification?
---

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

This whole psychic thing is draining you more than you'd like to admit in front of Dom, you don't think you could handle putting out another psychic attack like that. You hunker down to the ground, making yourself a smaller target.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I'm still not following. (And feeling like a right idiot.)

I think it was a use of the word "shipping" that I'm not following.

---

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Pairing Dom and taric into a relationship.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Pairing Dom and taric into a relationship.

Ah, just resorted to Urban dictionary. No, not really, it's more the general male vibe of not wanting to look weaker than women.* Just flavor, getting into relationships with other characters is the kind of thing that is at the discretion of the player not the GM

* Caveman Oogh make sexist statement.
---

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Ah, okay then.
Pages: 1 ... 60 61 [62] 63 64 ... 602