Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 59 60 [61] 62 63 ... 602

Author Topic: Deviation-22. The End of All Things.  (Read 526894 times)

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile

Spoiler: Initiative Rolls (click to show/hide)

Trol Grane

whatever, let her run, catching my breath

Okay, this definitely qualifies as an extreme sport. You squat to minimize your profile and breath slowly for a couple minutes, trying to dredge up some last minute energy. [Stamina roll 4] Given a couple seconds without fighting you manage to catch your breath. (+5 Stamina) You take a moment to grab you knife from the floor as well.

You are now fatigued, passive abilities function again.

---

Independent Female

The effects of Tarics mental assault fading the Independent she [Dex roll 1] spectacularly fumbles her last clip off the edge of the platform.  She quickly grabs a gun from one of the dead, [Observation 2]  she grabs another chimera from the ground, also empty. You begin to seriously wonder how Trol and Taric were at all threatened by these morons.

---

Dominique Wakeman

Dom ignored the bullets glancing off the back of her armor; they hadn't hurt her and from the sound of things Tarran was shooting at whoever had shot at her. Sensing her moment, she stomped down at the writhing independent's throat, then turned to the woman and threw the stun baton at her. Telekinesis was going to be her deal and she tried to use it to make sure that weapon hit her as fast and hard as it possibly could.

[Melee 3+1+1 target stunned Vs luck 5] The man is still convulsing from your baton to the face and your heel hits air as he curls farther into the fetal position. The still standing independent has a gun leveled at you, [Telekinesis 4, str 3+1+1 boost Vs dodge 6] the woman is more agile than you would have believed. Though you manage to augment the throw so that the baton would have hit tip first with shocking force, she steps to the side, discards her pistol, and snatches the flying baton out of the air in one motion. Okay, well she isn't completely incompetant.

---

Tarran Smith

Jump and slam into Ivan like a wrestler.

You complete your crazy charge with a flying leap, angling your knee down into Ivan's spine. [Fighting roll 3+1, Vs dodge 4-1] [Passive kinetics 3+1] If he hadn't been stunned by Tarics mental assault you think he might've managed to pull off the roll that tried to take him away from you, as it is he doesn't and your knee punishes his ribs. [Str 3+1+1 momentum, Kinetics boost] Several somethings crack under the sudden intense force, [Ivan soak 5-1] Ivan grunts at the pain, but nothing else. (Ivan is severely wounded, and is in great pain.)

---

Taric Sizier

Reload my weapons

You spend some quality time with your guns, reloading everything you own while you have a spare moment.

---

Medic

The Medic runs away from Trol, vanishing down a door farther down the explosively renovated room.

---

The Battle Below

[Luck 1] The Tempo of the battle has changed, becoming more focused and more desperate. Without warning multiple heavy blows pummel the floor from below, ripping holes in it in several places. [Group luck rolls 2, 3, 6, 3] They miss most everyone but one of them clips Tarran, sending him spinning off of Ivan. [Enemy luck rolls, 3, 3, 4] The ruptures dance around the remaining independents as well, when they subside it feels like everything that's been holding this platform up has been taken away. The floor lurches down sickeningly and begin to part from the wall behind you.

You think you have time for one last desperate action before the floor plummets fify odd feet with you in the passenger seat.

Status
Warning: Tarran's health is below 50%
Warning: Taric's health is below 30%
Warning: Trol's health is below 50%

Trol is Fatigued
Taric is Fatigued

Spoiler: Domninique Wakeman (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Taric Sizier (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Tarran Smith (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Trol Grane (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Enemies (click to show/hide)

I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Get out of there and provide covering fire!
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile

"Oh SHHIIIIIIITTTTTT! EVERY MAN FOR HIMSELF!"

GET THE HELL OF THE PLATFORM!
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Trollan

• Bay Watcher
  • O hai!
    • View Profile

grab an independent to cushion the fall, wedging them under me. shout "LEEEEEEEEROOOOY JEEEEEEENKIIIIIIIIINS!!!" as i do it

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

grab an independent to cushion the fall, wedging them under me.
I say you get a trait if that works  :D

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

The fall will kill us both ____!!!
-Famous minor villain line
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile

"Shit... fuck this," Dom said as the floor buckled and lurched under her feet. "Hey, you can keep that!" she yelled at the female independent as she turned and ran for the door, pausing only long enough to scoop up the medkit the medic had abandoned.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Spoiler: Initiative Rolls (click to show/hide)

Tarran Smith

"Oh SHHIIIIIIITTTTTT! EVERY MAN FOR HIMSELF!"

GET THE HELL OF THE PLATFORM!

You scream one of those things that squad leaders should never say and make a break for the door. [Dex roll 4] You barely make the safety of the door when the floor starts to give way with the groaning shear of metal on metal. 

This gives you a first class view to the rest of your squad falling to their doom.

---

The very distressed floor

[Luck roll 3] Part of the floor shifted heavily, screaming in protest as half of it breaks free of the mutilated support girders. The long hall becomes a very VERY steep ramp. The good news is that the ramp makes the fall almost twenty feet shorter and the bottom is probably padded with the dead people sliding off of it. The bad news is that other than the turrets and the rents torn by whoever/whatever took a disliking to the place there is next to nothing to grip on the metallic slide.

---

Independent male

[End 5] Despite having his nose broken and face zapped the Independent scrambles for the door, [Dex 4-1-1] on even footing he might have made the thirty plus foot sprint to the door. As it is he slips in a puddle of blood and slides down the angled floor at incredibly speed.
---

Trol Grane   

grab an independent to cushion the fall, wedging them under me. shout "LEEEEEEEEROOOOY JEEEEEEENKIIIIIIIIINS!!!" as i do it

You cast about for an independent only to realize that the nearest is almost thirty feet away, oh wait no here's one now. You tackle the male independent as he goes skimming past. [Dex 3+1-1 moving target] Grabbing hold of him, [Str 3+1 Vs 2-1] you easily manhandle him under you, body surfing off the edge of the platform.

---

Ivan

[End roll 2] Broken ribs... not good. The independent tries to get to the door but in his damaged state it's completely impossible, he settles for shooting at the only figure who has mad it to the safety of the door. [Quickshot 4-2] His broken ribs prevent him from using arms like he should, and aiming is torture. The slugs scatter around the door, drawing sparks from the metal wall. He too begins to slide down the inclined plane.

---

Taric Sizier

Get out of there and provide covering fire!

Seeing no one who needed to be shot at who wasn't already sliding at you, you amscray with all of your ability. [3-1 situation] You don't quite make it to the door, losing your footing as the Terrain shifts another couple of inches down beneath and screeches to a halt once more. Clawing for anything that can stop or slow your descent [dex 2] but find nothing.

---

Dominique Wakeman

"Shit... fuck this," Dom said as the floor buckled and lurched under her feet. "Hey, you can keep that!" she yelled at the female independent as she turned and ran for the door, pausing only long enough to scoop up the medkit the medic had abandoned.

You make a break for the door, if you think you can make it you're grabbing those meds too. [Dex 4-1] You can't, you barely make it to the door as the floor continues to deform under the horrific weight of the unsupported steel. Panting you stand in the doorway with Tarran, watching in amazement as Taric and Trol poise to go over the edge.

---

Independent Female

The independent with Dom's baton shrieks with the tortured floor, [Dex 2-1] falling almost instantly. [Luck roll 3] She doesn't quite manage to grasp onto the edge of the turret nearest her and she goes sliding quickly after Trol and Taric.

---

Taric and Trol, Over the Edge

The two of you fall, Trol kneeling on the independent's back while Taric simply free falls. [Will roll auto-success] Taric takes the fall with his typical calm, [Passive Kinetics 5+1] creating a brief shield for himself with barely a thought.

[Taric will roll 1] The shield hits the ground and explodes in a fury of light and sound, it helps but [Taric soak 3] Taric still lands hard jarring him from head to toe.

[Independent Soak 1] Like Taric's shield the independent that Trol was using doesn't last past impact. [Trol Soak 3] Trol's kneeling position looked nice but it makes him roll off as he hits, disorienting him and sending a fierce stabbing pain through his damaged wrist.

The scene below is intense, dead and dying seem to be everywhere and the crackle of weapons fire as well as the fierce intangible energy of employed Kinetics hang heavy. The Unchained all seem to be firing on one thing, and it seems to firing back on them. You twist to look at it and gasp in surprise.

It stands fourteen feet at the top, it stands on a pair of reverse jointed legs and has no perceivable head. It looks like a lightweight walker unit, except... it seems alive somehow. Thick sheets of what might be chitin armor it, and two heavy arms terminate in thick gray rails. As you watch they begin to hum dangerously, channeling Kinetic energy in a devastating swath. Shit. That thing can manipulate psionic energy. The bolt of energy slams into the tight knot of Unchained firing on it, and Praetor Morgan bats it out of the air like it was a particularly irritating fly. He's wearing thin though, even from where you are his face looks white and set.

You hate your life.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2011, 12:56:34 am by Draignean »
---

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"It's a machine, we can hack it." Hack the mech.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2011, 12:55:17 am by Taricus »

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

This post no longer relevant.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2011, 01:01:09 am by Draignean »
---

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile

...Panting you stand in the doorway with Taric, watching in amazement as Taric and Trol poise to go over the edge...
How can Dom stand next to someone watching themselves fall?

"Fricking hell. We've got to get down there, Dom. Should we jump or should we look for another way?"
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Scrap that, editing.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

...Panting you stand in the doorway with Taric, watching in amazement as Taric and Trol poise to go over the edge...
How can Dom stand next to someone watching themselves fall?

'Cause Touch typing with two names that start with tar is pain?

Didn't catch that one, editing.
---

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile

"Shit, that was close," Dom said, shaking her head. After a moment, she released a deep breath. "Sorry, man. Couldn't grab the meds and get outta there too." She looked over the edge and watched as the machine attacked the squad of Unchained led by Praetor Morgan. After a moment she spotted Taric and Trol, still moving. "We can't do anything for 'em up here. What are we gonna do?" she asked, turning to Tarran. She didn't think they had the guns to take on that thing. She turned back to the mech. Tarran responded that they could either jump or look for another way down. "Well, you're in no condition to jump. How much do you trust me?" she asked. "I think I can use my psionics to make sure you land safely... but I don't know. I haven't tried moving something heavy before."

If Tarran agrees, try to use kinesis on him and then follow him down; if not, find another way down.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.
Pages: 1 ... 59 60 [61] 62 63 ... 602