Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 49 50 [51] 52 53 ... 602

Author Topic: Deviation-22. The End of All Things.  (Read 526417 times)

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
Re: Deviation-22 (Sci-Fi RTD) Ch. 1, In which there is a tangent.
« Reply #750 on: March 09, 2011, 08:08:09 pm »

Spoiler: Initiative Roll (click to show/hide)

Taric Sizier

KEEP FIRING!

Ignoring the ineffectiveness of the last pulse you send another into the Guardian. [Marksman 2+1] This shield is really throwing you off... [Shield 3] Hex seems to have made adaptations to the shield and your bolt crackles harmlessly against the shield, dispersing into a harmless lightshow.

---

Hex

Maintain the shield

Weapons fire on the shield was really draining him, and the failed psionic blade had given him a blinding headache. Better to err on the side of caution this time and just stick with keeping the shield solid.

---

Tarran Smith

"Hey, asshole cowards with the shields, yeah, I'm talking to you, I've got a present for you. TAKE THIS!" Fire at the Hex's head.

The Ichneumon is meant for longer range than this, but you have a feeling she's gonna work fine. [Marksman roll 4+1-1 range] The heavy weapon kicks back into your shoulder and the sabot flies true, striping away its outer sheath not a yard from the shield. [Shield roll 5-3 AP round] It punches through and into Hex, [Hex armor roll 3-5] blowing a hole through his chest as well as the wall behind him. [Luck roll 5] A choked yell of pain comes from the room behind the double doors. [Speed reload 4+2] You quickly lock the next sabot into position. [Hex will roll 4+1-2 dying] Despite Hex being all but dead he still manages to maintain the shield.

Hex is mortally wounded and will die at the end of next round.

---

Independent Fighter

Shoot Tarran

The Fighter watches as Hex gets hit even through the shield, this certainly sets a new priority for targeting. [Quickshot roll 6+1, Confirm critical 4 Vs Tarran armor roll 1, Passive kinetics 2 ] Tarran's victory is short lived as the fighter fires a salvo into him, rending bone and flesh alike. (Tarran -35Hp) [Tarran luck 3] Nothing vital is damaged but Tarran is in serious pain and is bleeding heavily

(Tarran has severe bleeding, -8 Stamina per turn.)

---

Trol Grane

FENRIR IN THE LEADER'S HEAD

Okay, the psionic approach failed, time for the approach you know works. You grab the fenrir from your hip and fire on the Guardian. [Quickshot 2+1][Shield 2] The particle weapon fares better against the shield than Taric's laser weapon, [Guardian armor roll 3+1+2+2 cohesion modifier, shield] but the Fenrir doesn't have a lot of cohesion at this range and the bolt splatters off of the Guardian harmlessly.

---

Dominique Wakeman

Hmm. Wonder if his shield can block this... Dom thought, putting away the Abassy and drawing her carbine. She was pretty sure it was loaded with acid of some sort. She angled the weapon up slightly in the hopes of making it go over Hex's shield and pulled the trigger.

The hostiles are at the outside of your range but you don't really need to hit them... You unlimber the carbine and loose a spray of an acrid smelling translucent chemical [Quickshot Auto-success] over the shield. The shield is a full half dome to the ceiling but crackles and warps under the chemical, rippling with a thousand different colors. [Hex will roll 5-2-2, Dying, difficulty.] Hex tries his best, and if he wasn't dying you think he might have managed it, but he can't manage to radically alter the structure of the shield in time. Your theory was correct, the shield was meant to stop incoming high-energy objects, and the spray from the carbine overloaded it in seconds.

The shield has dropped. There is a puddle of toxic slime between your group and the enemy.

---

Guardian

Pull back, now!

The Guardian watches in horror as the Hex goes down and Dom destroys the shield. "Ivan, retreat now!" She walks backwards firing a burst from her assault rifle at Dom as she goes. [Quickshot 3] The burst hits, [Dom armor roll 4+1-1] and the rounds are absorbed by Dom's armor.

Status
Warning: Tarran's health is below 50%

Spoiler: Domninique Wakeman (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Taric Sizier (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Tarran Smith (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Trol Grane (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Enemies (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: March 09, 2011, 08:19:21 pm by Draignean »
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #751 on: March 09, 2011, 08:10:37 pm »

Fire at the guardian!
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #752 on: March 09, 2011, 08:11:49 pm »

Fire at the guardian!
If at first it doesn't work.... empty a clip at it.
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #753 on: March 09, 2011, 08:16:54 pm »

"Shit. I... I think that one hit me bad. Does... does someone have a medkit?" Lay down and breath slowly. Try to get my blood to flow slower, hopefully reducing my blood loss.
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #755 on: March 09, 2011, 08:32:35 pm »

"Shit," Dom muttered as the bullets ricocheted off of her armor. She put away the carbine and glanced over at Tarran. "Yo, hold on. I'll check and see if the shield guy has another of those applicators. Be right back." She moved over to Hex and started rifling through his pockets. If she couldn't find anything, she could probably at least rip up the clothes and try to make bandages, atlough that wasn't really her thing.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #756 on: March 09, 2011, 11:13:53 pm »

Spoiler: Initiative Roll (click to show/hide)

Hex

Take a few with me...

[Dex 3-2 dying] He tries to fumble something out of his belt and fails, his fingers just don't have enough life left in them. Well there goes that brilliant plan, maybe... [Observation roll 5] His eyes catch the pool of bubbling acid on the ground, and a last light forms in them. Knowing he's already dead Hex expends every once of energy in his body and more to create a psychic shockwave hurling the acid at Tarran's team. [Kinetic slam 20 kN, 10' focus 6-2 dying] Incredibly the dying man pulls it off, killing himself in the process.

Hex has died

---

Trol Grane

Override the leader's legs, get her to fall over

Time to try this crap aga- The wave of acid sprays into you suddenly, [Passive kinetics 3] some of it diverts from you path as you throw your hands up in surprise but still more [Luck 4] splashes onto your armor. No time for this, have to keep the Guardian from getting more help... [Override 6, confirm critical roll 3, guardian will roll 5, critical failed.] (-10 Stamina) You focus for a moment, just a little nudge... The Guardian grunts suddenly as her ankle folds over and she topples to the side, [Guardian dex 3] only halfway catching herself from the floor.

Guardian's ankle is sprained.

---

Dominique Wakeman

"Shit," Dom muttered as the bullets ricocheted off of her armor. She put away the carbine and glanced over at Tarran. "Yo, hold on. I'll check and see if the shield guy has another of those applicators. Be right back." She moved over to Hex and started rifling through his pockets. If she couldn't find anything, she could probably at least rip up the clothes and try to make bandages, atlough that wasn't really her thing.

You start moving towards Hex just as the sheet acid throws itself towards you, [Passive Kinetics 5] on instinct you twist and growl at the flying drops. Stunningly they split around you, passing to either side of you. Well that was helpful. You continue to Hex's body and set about looting it.

Spoiler: Hex's gear (click to show/hide)

Not finding anything useful medically speaking you use your knife to cut his jumpsuit into strips for crude bandages.

Crude Bandages x2 added.

---

Tarran Smith

"Shit. I... I think that one hit me bad. Does... does someone have a medkit?" Lay down and breath slowly. Try to get my blood to flow slower, hopefully reducing my blood loss.

You get all the way down on the ground and try to breathe slowly. [Stamina roll 4] The bleeding slows a little as you stop activity and control your breathing.

Bleeding reduced to normal. (-5 stamina per turn.)

---

Guardian

Get the hell up, get Ivan out the door.
[/b]

[Soak roll 5] The guardian manages to scramble up to one knee on her wounded ankle and full auto her assault rifle for suppression more than anything else. [Quickshot 4-1, 6-1, 4-1] She fires on everyone standing with stunning accuracy. [Dom armor roll 2+1][Taric armor roll 3+1][Trol armor roll 5] Dom gets nicked by a flying shell but her armor does it's job well. (Dom HP -3) Taric's armor gets hit in several weaker points and a slug makes it through. (Taric -13 HP) The ones that don't miss Trol are stopped cold by his armor. "Ivan! Out the door Now!

---

Taric Sizier

Fire at the guardian!

Now that the shield is down you should be able to get some work done... [Marksman roll 2] You miss and burn a scorch in the wall beside her, what the hell are you doing wrong?

---

Independent fighter

Obey the Guardian

Goddamnit... He doesn't want to leave the Guardian, but their only hope now is for reinforcements. Grimacing he sprints back for the door, keeping his shield flung out behind him.

---

Status
Warning: Tarran's health is below 50%

Spoiler: Domninique Wakeman (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Taric Sizier (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Tarran Smith (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Trol Grane (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Enemies (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: March 10, 2011, 01:06:20 am by Draignean »
---

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #757 on: March 09, 2011, 11:18:19 pm »

SHOOT THE BITCH!
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #758 on: March 09, 2011, 11:40:13 pm »

Pull out my Chimera and pot-shot Ivan as much as I can.
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #760 on: March 09, 2011, 11:53:19 pm »

How do you even know about said grenade Trol?
---

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #761 on: March 10, 2011, 12:04:01 am »

How do you even know about said grenade Trol?
My guess is Clairvoyance. Trollan, you need to tell us when you get awesome powers.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #763 on: March 10, 2011, 12:26:35 am »

Trollan, That's Dom seeing that. She's rifling through the dudes corpse, you're still across the way sizzling.
---

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #764 on: March 10, 2011, 12:27:26 am »

Spoiler: Hex's gear (click to show/hide)

But only Serious knows that. That's what Draignean's implying here, you don't actually know that Hex had that stuff.

Edit: Ninja'd by the man himself.
Pages: 1 ... 49 50 [51] 52 53 ... 602