Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 48 49 [50] 51 52 ... 602

Author Topic: Deviation-22. The End of All Things.  (Read 526445 times)

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile

You're awesome serious... already said it but it's worth saying again.

Now I have to restrain myself from giving you hideous bonuses for no logical reason.
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile

Thanks. ^^ No need for bonuses, it's enough that the avatars are liked and used.

Edit: I don't want to congratulate myself too much, but I really like how they all turned out after seeing them in avatar form.
  • Taric's got a good poker face/'nothing fazes me' expression and the index finger just says 'Science!' to me. He looks like the kind of guy who WOULD watch a guy explode, then just walk off calmly like nothing happened. My only problem with this, because I want to keep it in perspective, is I should've made the broadbeam's barrel more noticeable. It's easy to miss.
  • Trol's has personality at a glance; the composition of it is excellent since the pistols serve as good 'book-ends' and let you know he's a tank, while at the same time bringing focus to the face, highlighting the cigarette, shades, and 'bring it' expression. The negative side: it could have used a tiny bit more width in the picture. Other than it's good.
  • I like Dom's but I may have overreached myself on it; the Abassy looks good, as does she, but the riot shield only serves to extend the picture's width without really adding anything and throws it off-center, when clearly the barrel of the pistol should be the focus. I like the combo but I probably should only highlight the weapon. Also, the background's too busy and somehow also dark enough that it's just a mess. I'm about to do some editing on it and see if I can clean it up.
  • As for the Irishman, the only thin I regret about that is that I didn't make the psionic effect stand out enough because, oddly, the background may be a bit too bright - the opposite of Dom's problem.
There we go, tightened it up significantly. The brighter background works with Dom's darker colors, and changing the angle of the Abassy to cover her eye makes it look like she's taking aim. ...Meant I had to black her other eye for her, though. o.O Anyway...[/selfimportantrambling]
« Last Edit: March 09, 2011, 03:47:12 am by SeriousConcentrate »
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Well I tweaked mine a little.

Spoiler: Before (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: After (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: AFTER after (click to show/hide)

Tried to focus more on the, "Go to hell, I've got a ball of energy and sunglasses." aspect. :P

Now I just need to figure out which one to use...
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile

Nice; darkening it and placing a light source in the psi-effect makes it look 5x better. :-[ I'm actually painfully limited in that I have no clue how to use photoshop and have to do everything in MSPaint.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Oh good lord, that a zillion times harder.

Hold on, let me get you GIMP. It's what I use, it is free and wonderful...

GIMP 2.6
---

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile

Thanks. ^^ I'll install it now, then I'll get some sleep and fool around with it in the morning. It's like three thirty and I've been up since seven. :D

Edit: Editing this post because I wanna keep the OOC stuff separate from IC stuff. Here's what I came up with in GiMP, I don't totally understand it yet but I was able to make the edits I wanted, so it's all good. ^^

« Last Edit: March 09, 2011, 03:50:31 pm by SeriousConcentrate »

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Deviation-22 (Sci-Fi RTD) Ch. 1, In which there is a tangent.
« Reply #741 on: March 09, 2011, 06:38:10 am »

Open fire!
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Trollan

• Bay Watcher
  • O hai!
    • View Profile
« Reply #742 on: March 09, 2011, 10:40:19 am »

Mind bend hex into making him think the wall is an army of snakes

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #743 on: March 09, 2011, 02:11:01 pm »

Spoiler: Initiative Roll (click to show/hide)

Guardian

Open fire!

Dom's bullet tears into the Guardian, [Soak 2] knocking her sideways and ruining her shot. Damn, at least one these fools could wield with some skill. Flicking her weapon to full auto the guardian opened fire. [Quickshot, 3-1, 4-1, 1-1] [Luck roll 4] The majority of the bullets hit nothing but air, but part of the burst strikes Tarran. [Tarran Armor roll 4] The slugs skitter off the armor, leaving Tarran bruised but otherwise unharmed.

---

Hex

Kill.

[Blade 1/4" 2 kN, 3+1-2] Hex focuses, trying to build a weapon out of psychic energy. Still maintaining the shield he is unable to focus properly, and whatever he was making gets out of control, crackling out of focus in a brief burst of light and sound.

---

Dominique Wakeman

Dom grinned. Using her mind had made her feel a little winded - scratch that, she wanted a sandwich, actually, preferably bacon, egg, & beef with cheese - but it was intensely gratifying to see the Abassy punch a hole through that psychic shield. Yeah, I see you trying to get a bead on us. I'll make it damn hard for you. She fired at the Guardian a second time, again enhancing her bullet. Let's see you get a good shot when you've got a second hole punched in you.

The woman is already staggering, but she can still shoot. Well that can be fixed quickly. You raise your pistol, charging the shot again. [Active kinetics 3] (-10 stamina) It doesn't feel the same as the last one exactly, but you open fire. [Quickshot roll 2] Your aim is off this time, [Shield roll 2-1 charged shot] but the bullet still punches a hole in the shield, weakening it.

---

Independent Fighter

Cover the Guardian!
[/b]

Recovering his senses after panicking the Fighter sees the Guardian twist as Dom shoots her, he quickly kneels down beside her and sets his shield so it provides partial cover for them both. He the raises his SMG and opens fire on Dom, [Quickshot roll 4] the gauss rounds work well at his range, [Dom Armor roll 3+1 med] but Dom's heavier armor stos them cold.

---

Tarran Smith

Pull out my Ichneumon and aim it at the shielder.

Desperate time, desperate measures. Setting the assault rifle aside for a minute you grab and prep the Ichneumon, if this thing works you'll buy that dead independent you grabbed it from a pony.

---

Taric Sizier

Open fire!

You fire your trusty rifle on the Guardian, [Marksman 2+1] and you almost miss. [Shield 1 (bonus negated)] There is something about this laser of yours that the sheld really doesn't like. [Hex will 4] The shield flickers dangerously before solidifying again after your laser. [Guardian armor roll 4+1+2-3] For the first time, your laser fails you. Weakened by the shield it burns a track in the guardian's plate, but nothing else.

---

Trol Grane

Mind bend hex into making him think the wall is an army of snakes

You dash down the corridor to the aid of your allies, seeing an a moment to give you team a chance you focus on the Independent running the shield. [Active Empathetics 2-2 difficulty Vs. Passive empathetics 5-1 split focus] You come up against a complete wall, and are unable to do anything to the man's perceptions. (-10 stamina)

---

Status

Spoiler: Domninique Wakeman (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Taric Sizier (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Tarran Smith (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Trol Grane (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Enemies (click to show/hide)
---

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #744 on: March 09, 2011, 02:18:05 pm »

KEEP FIRING!
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #745 on: March 09, 2011, 03:03:10 pm »

"Hey, asshole cowards with the shields, yeah, I'm talking to you, I've got a present for you. TAKE THIS!" Fire at the Guardian Hex's head.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2011, 03:08:36 pm by Tarran »
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #746 on: March 09, 2011, 03:04:48 pm »

Uh, Tarran who are you aiming at?

I thought you meant you wanted to Aim at Hex, since he was keeping the shields up.
---

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #747 on: March 09, 2011, 03:08:21 pm »

Uh, Tarran who are you aiming at?

I thought you meant you wanted to Aim at Hex, since he was keeping the shields up.
Oh, he was? Err, yeah, I'll aim at him.
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #748 on: March 09, 2011, 03:18:31 pm »

Hmm. Wonder if his shield can block this... Dom thought, putting away the Abassy and drawing her carbine. She was pretty sure it was loaded with acid of some sort. She angled the weapon up slightly in the hopes of making it go over Hex's shield and pulled the trigger.

Targeting Hex. He ruined my last shot. :D
Pages: 1 ... 48 49 [50] 51 52 ... 602