Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 602

Author Topic: Deviation-22. The End of All Things.  (Read 527048 times)

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
Re: Deviation-22 (Sci-Fi RTD) Chapter I, In which a lot of people die.
« Reply #525 on: March 02, 2011, 01:49:36 am »

Just waiting on Taric, I'll probably auto him shortly as soon as I wake up since I'm fairly sure he wants to keep shooting at the target he's aimed on.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2011, 02:25:06 am by Draignean »
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #526 on: March 02, 2011, 03:42:36 am »

Oi, get your own rifle, the Jormungdr is MINE!
But you've already got a broadbeam!

Oh fine fine fine. Take it.

I demand a laser rifle when you can make one as compensation.

Done

KEEP FIRING!
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #527 on: March 02, 2011, 01:23:47 pm »

Oi, get your own rifle, the Jormungdr is MINE!
But you've already got a broadbeam!

Oh fine fine fine. Take it.

I demand a laser rifle when you can make one as compensation.

Done

KEEP FIRING!

Working on the new turn now.
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #528 on: March 02, 2011, 02:53:10 pm »

Spoiler: Initiative Rolls (click to show/hide)

Corporal Yvonne

Get back under cover, reload

Yvonne ducks back down and reloads pistol, the lack of people paying attention to her allows her to move without incident.

---

Knife Team Lambda

Kill the sniper

Both remaining fighters go for the one member of the aggressive force that isn't in cover anymore, Taric Sizier. [Jeremy End roll 4] The burn wound in Jeremy's left arm is clean, and he's still able to focus on shooting with his left. [Quickshot roll 3-1 Offhand] Distance coupled with a lack of ambidextrous combat training makes the SMG burst goes awry, missing Taric. Kyle also levels his pistol at Taric and fires [Quickshot roll 4-1 range] the heavy slug hits Taric on his left arm, [Taric Armor roll 4+1-1, Med, Heavy round] and the bullet gouges the armor but doesn't harm Taric.

---

Knife Team Foxtrot

Get some breathing room...

[End roll 3] The Deadeye's wounds are bad, but he knows they'll be a lot worse if he can't ignore them for a little bit. "Goddamnit, crazy or no..." [Kinetic Slam 3, 5' focus 3kN] He throws out the hand not holding the pistol at Trol and a wave of psionic force bursts forth. [Trol precognition 3+1, Dex 4] Trol manages to get to the edge of the blast as it reaches him, clipping his shoulder and spinning him, but leaving him otherwise unharmed.

---

Trol Grane

Yank the knife out of the captains face and go stabby-stabby

The Independent's surprise Psionic blast clips you but leaves you unharmed, and more importantly it leaves you closer to your knife. You grab your knife out of the captain's head, ignoring the fallen man's shotgun, and you tackle the remaining independent. [Str 3+1 Vs. End 5-1 kneeling] The last Independent is a solid man and you don't manage to bowl him over, [Melee roll 6+1, confirm critical 4, Independent dex 5, confirm failed] but you still manage to slide your knife into the man's stomach. He's able to keep you from completely eviscerating him immediately, but it's only a matter of time. (Deadeye is Near Death, and in severe pain.)

---

Independent Knife Squad Echo

Fire on Taric

[Deadeye end roll 5] The deadeye manages to hold the shield and raise his weapon at Taric, though splitting his focus is difficult. [Quickshot 4-1 split focus] Despite maintaining a psychic shield he still manages to hit Taric several times. [Taric armor roll 2+1 Med] Most of the rounds are deflected but one is merely slowed and still penetrates the armor. (Taric -11 HP) [Fighter End roll 1] The fighter doesn't take having metal spikes embedded in his body well at all, [Will roll 4] and he settles for passing out. (Indpendent fighter is unconscious.)

---

Dominique Wakeman

Dom grimaced in pain, but shoved it aside for the moment; she could worry about her wounds when the shooting stopped. Letting the shield fall, she instead shot at Constantine. Once the girl was dead, she'd take the Abassy and fire at the Deadeye maintaining a shield for Echo.

With the Girl dead you don't think the man will be much of a threat, he'll be dead before long anyway. You grab the pistol dropped by Mandon and fire upon the Echo group's leader. [quickshot roll 5, Shield roll 3] The pistol bucks and punches a hole through the barrier, striking the deadeye full in the chest. [Deadeye Armor roll 5-1+1 Heavy round, shield] The shield slowed the bullet enough for the armor to take the brute of the damage, but that kind of force doesn't just disappear. (Deadeye is moderately wounded)

---

Taric Sizier

KEEP FIRING!

Several rounds hit you, and one penetrates your armor [Will roll 2][Luck roll 4] causing you to lose your shot just as you fire. [Marksman roll 4+1-2] You still manage to hit the independent, [Jeremy armor roll 3-3+1] the bolt slices into his leg deeply. (Jeremy is now heavily wounded.)

You have lost your shot and will need to aim in a again.

---

Independent Squad Kappa

AUUUGGHHH!!!

(Bleeding, Mandon is Near Death) [Mandon End roll 3] Missing his lower jaw suffering massive psychological and physical trauma Mandon is unable to take effective action.

---

Tarran Smith

Down the sucker that tried to shoot me.

You peek over your barricade and fire a salvo of spikes at the Lambda group. [Quickshot roll 5+1, confirm critical 2, Shield roll 5, Kyle Armor roll 3+1 shield, confirm failed] Your spikes tear through the shield and find a number of weak points in Kyle's armor. (Kyle is now Wounded and in pain.)

---

STATUS

Spoiler: Enemies (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Tarran Smith (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Taric Sizier (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Trol Grane (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Domninique Wakeman (click to show/hide)

Status of allies unknown.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2011, 08:26:38 pm by Draignean »
---

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #529 on: March 02, 2011, 03:24:44 pm »

Dominique ignored Mandon and checked the capacity of her gun. Still three rounds left... once that asshole kicks the bucket I should check his pockets for more. Since she wasn't in any immediate danger that she could see, she took careful aim at the Deadeye she had just shot.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #530 on: March 02, 2011, 03:48:14 pm »

Draignean, Taricus's status is in mine. It's been that way for 3 turns. I thought you would've noticed by now. :P

Reload my pistol and dual wield it, then cover team Echo/Lambda's position in a lead shower.
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #531 on: March 02, 2011, 03:55:15 pm »

DAMN, Damn, and double damn.

My copy, paste, and edit Fu is not strong. Fix'd
---

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #532 on: March 02, 2011, 04:09:24 pm »

Get to cover!
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #534 on: March 02, 2011, 11:45:19 pm »

Christ, I just realized how many grammatical mistakes were in that last post... This makes me unhappy...

Running new turn now...

---

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #535 on: March 02, 2011, 11:50:22 pm »

Christ, I just realized how many grammatical mistakes were in that last post... This makes me unhappy...
Personally, I didn't notice them. Don't go to hard on yourself, it's not a big dea-OH GOD YOU MADE A MISTAKE YOU BASTARD I WILL NEVER HAVE KIDS.

No, really, it's not that big a deal.
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #536 on: March 03, 2011, 01:07:30 am »

Spoiler: Initiative Rolls (click to show/hide)

Taric Sizier
Get to cover!

Swearing and favoring your bleeding side you sprint for cover, [dex 4+1] sliding in with Tarran behind his barricade.

---

Knife Foxtrot

Goddamn... Push Pistol into Trol's Ribs and fire.

[End roll 3] He's in a great deal of pain and probably dying, but the Deadeye still tries to kill Trol. [Melee roll 3-1 pain Vs Trol Dex 3] Trol grabs his forearm with his free hand though and forces the gun away from his body.

---

Dominique Wakeman

Dominique ignored Mandon and checked the capacity of her gun. Still three rounds left... once that asshole kicks the bucket I should check his pockets for more. Since she wasn't in any immediate danger that she could see, she took careful aim at the Deadeye she had just shot.

Ignoring half face you steady the Abassy in both hands, taking careful aim at the Deadeye maintaining the shield.

---

Corporal Yvonne

Fire on the largest group of Independent fighters.

After Reloading Yvonne ducks back out and fires on the Echo group's barricade. [Luck roll 4] She hits where the unconscious fighter sprawls, [Quickshot roll 3 Vs Armor roll 4+1 barricade] but the bullet is deflected by the barricade.

---

Trol Grane
Finish my enemy off, then grab the shotgun

You push the small knife upwards in the Deadeye's stomach. [Fighting roll 3+1 Vs Deadeye Fighting 6-1 pain] While you keep him from shooting you he keeps his hand firmly on your own wrist, preventing you from pushing the knife up into vital organs.

---

Knife Kappa

Please... heaven... help me....

[Mandon End 2] Pain coupled with blood loss drive him down, and Mandon falls to the ground bleeding his last. A mercy to him in many ways.

Mandon has been killed, Kappa squad has been destroyed.

---

Morgan Fehra

Get. The. Hell. Up.

[End roll 4+1] Morgan finally manages to get together the will to do something other than avoid passing out, and she tries to create a kinetic cast for her wounded leg so she can at least stand. [Active Kinetics 3] It takes up a lot of her focus but she's able to do it.

Morgan will be able to move normally next turn, but she'll take a -1 penalty to all actions to maintain the brace.

---

Knife Lambda

Keep Firing!

[Jeremy End roll 4] The laser burns may be clean, but they're still burns and they hurt like hell. He adjusts his fire over to Dom, who's exposed while she's aiming, [Quickshot roll 2-1] and looses a burst of gauss fire. The burst of fire goes wild and misses Dominique completely. [Kyle end roll 3] Goddamn those stupid unchained sonsabitches. Kyle returns fire on Tarran, [Quickshot roll 2-1-1, range, under cover.] and manages to miss utterly.

---

Jamie Teague

Avoid Blackout

Can't... lose control yet... just a little longer. [Stamina roll 1] Teague has been overdrawing his stamina to keep that shield up, and it takes its toll. His eyes roll up in his head and he collapses boneless to the floor of the cafeteria. The shield dies the instant he falls.

Teague is in a recovery coma, he will not wake until he recovers at least half his stamina.

---

Knife Echo

Keep up the barrier for the Lambda squad, return fire if possible.

[Deadeye End roll 3+1] Despite his newer injuries the Deadeye keeps the shield up and tries to fire on Dom's exposed form. [Quickshot roll 5-1 split focus] A tight group strikes her [Dominique armor roll 3] and punches through her armor in several places. (Dom -17 health) [Fighter end roll 5] Ungh... wuh?

The fighter will be awake next round

---

Tarran Smith

Reload my pistol and dual wield it, then cover team Echo/Lambda's position in a lead shower.

[Dex roll 5] You speed reload your chimera and twist over the barricade with it in your left and the Chimera in your right. You fire both weapon's upon the echo group, [Quickshot roll 4+1-1, 4+1-1-1] both weapons put a hail of impacts into the shield covering the position of the squad. [Deadeye active kinetics roll 5] The shield flashes into the visible spectrum for a moment but then firms again as the projectiles slide through. [Deadeye armor roll 2+1] The combination of spikes and bullets tears through the shield and the armor of the deadeye and gouge bloody wounds. (Deadeye is near death) [Fighter armor roll 4+1] The fighter is in a better position though and gets less of the burst, allowing his armor to absorb the rest and emerge unharmed.

---

Warning: Dominique's health is below 50%

STATUS

Spoiler: Enemies (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Tarran Smith (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Taric Sizier (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Trol Grane (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Domninique Wakeman (click to show/hide)

Status of allies unknown.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2011, 12:02:14 pm by Draignean »
---

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #537 on: March 03, 2011, 01:15:25 am »

Grimacing, Dom took the shot, then dropped. She would hide behind cover for the moment, use the time to search Mandon and Constantine. Maybe if she was lucky she could find some medical supplies and ammo.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Trollan

• Bay Watcher
  • O hai!
    • View Profile
« Reply #538 on: March 03, 2011, 01:17:59 am »

Kick this inconsiderate asshole in the face, then grab my a shotgun and get under cover

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #539 on: March 03, 2011, 01:20:05 am »

"Inconsiderate"?

You know, failure to die on command isn't often labeled as inconsiderate.
---
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 602