Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 602

Author Topic: Deviation-22. The End of All Things.  (Read 527016 times)

Trollan

• Bay Watcher
  • O hai!
    • View Profile
Re: Deviation-22 (Sci-Fi RTD) Chapter I, In which a lot of people die.
« Reply #510 on: March 01, 2011, 10:34:58 am »

Holy shit.
Shout "I AM DEATH INCARNATE!!!!!!!!!" and stab the rest of foxtrot

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
« Reply #511 on: March 01, 2011, 01:40:37 pm »

Ack, I'm behind.

Free Actions

Tarran Smith

Unload into Team Foxtrot until they're dead or my clip is out while shouting as bloodthirsty as I can: "DIE YOU SUCKERS!".

"DIE YOU SUCKERS!" You scream at the Independent squadron, [Intimidate roll 3] other than making you feel more awesome it doesn't seem to have any additional effect. Perhaps the spikes you're firing will be a little more eloquent when they express your opinion. [Dex roll 4+1, Trick Shot allowed, no penalty] You unload the entire clip into the remaining members of the the Foxtrot group, [Trol dex roll 5+1] your wild yell gave Trol more than enough warning to clear your path of fire. [Quickshot rolls 5, 3+1] The one with the Ichneumon takes the first burst just above the solar plexus, [Independent Armor roll 2] crumpling to the ground as the spikes punch holes in vital organs. (Independent is Near Death) Your second burst is less focused as it impacts the Deadeye, [Deadeye armor roll 4] and his armor is able to absorb and deflect most of the killing spines. (Deadeye is barely hurt)

The Renfield SMG is now empty   
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #512 on: March 01, 2011, 03:49:33 pm »

Aww, I got a 3. Oh well, at least I killed someone.

Reload and run into cover. Start demanding their surrender on the threat of death.
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #513 on: March 01, 2011, 07:51:12 pm »

Spoiler: Initiative Rolls (click to show/hide)

Trol Grane

Shout "I AM DEATH INCARNATE!!!!!!!!!" and stab the rest of foxtrot

You cry havoc, and let loose the pointy implements of war. You then remember that your only pointy implement of war is currently saying "Hi" to the fallen Captain's brain, you feel it prudent to try and shoot the fighters with your pistol instead. The one that Tarran bloodied is currently wheezing blood everywhere, so you raise your pistol and shoot the more cogent one. [Quick shot 4] The pistol manages not to jam this time and looses a spray of lead into the Deadeye. [Deadeye Armor roll 2] What stopped slender spikes doesn't do so well against bullets, and your burst tears a furrow down the side of his ribs. (Deadeye is severely wounded)

---

Taric Sizier

"TAKE THAT SNIPER OUT!" Fire at the Assault rife gunner

Yelling helpful commentary you fire a beam of light into the Independent with the Assault Rifle. The shield the other independent erected screws with the beam reintegration somewhat, [Marksman Roll 3+1] as well as throwing your aim off slightly. [Jeremy Armor roll 2-3+1 Shield] The beam of light still severs his right arm at the elbow, making it near impossible for him to use the rifle.

Jeremy's Right Forearm has been severed.

---

Jamie Teague

Just hold it together... a little... longer.

The drain of holding the shield together is starting to wear at him, [Will 5+1] but he shakes it off immediately. He could rest when he was dead, no time for weakness right now.

---

Knife Team Kappa

Kill Dominique

[Constantine end roll 4] Crippled though she may be Constantine still manages to act, [Constantine Dex roll 3] she drops her riot shield and switches the Sleipnir SMG into her left hand. [Constantine Soak roll 4] This one is going to die, damn her, and damn the pain. [Quickshot roll 5-1-1 offhand, pain] Startlingly she actually manages to get the gun pointed at Dom when she fires. [Dominique passive kinetics roll 2, armor roll 2] Already damaged from the earlier Chimera pistol the Armor can't take the larger .355 caliber gauss rounds. (Dom -20HP) Mandon also uses the opening to fire another round from his Abassy, [Quickshot roll 4] getting a much better angle on the shot. [Dom armor 3, Passive Kinetics 3] The slug slams into the riot shield [Luck roll 5] and while the heavy polysilicate riot shield was never meant to withstand fire from large caliber weapons it does it's job, shattering at an angle to alter the path of the bullet away from dom.

Dom's Riot shield is now broken

---

Corporal Yvonne

Help the new squad

The new group seems to be taking all of the fire and the shield Teague has up should be able to take most of whatever will com flying at her if she stands up for a shot. [Observation 4] Yvonne peaks out over her barricade, just in time to see Dominique stagger back as Mandon shatters her shield. [Luck roll 5] Mandon seems to have made the mistake of sticking his head up above his barricade, how very terrible for him. [Yvonne Quickshot roll 5-1 range] She snarls and looses a heavy slug at Mandon's exposed features, [Mandon luck roll 3] he spots her out of the corner of his eye a hair too late. Her slug blows away most of his lower jaw. 

Mandon is now in Agony, he is severely wounded, he is bleeding heavily.
---

Morgan Fehra

Don't pass out... have to do something useful.

[End roll 3] She still can't marshal her body to do anything other than cling to the waking world and avoid screaming.

---

Knife Team Echo

Hold the barrier, Return fire.

The Deadeye winces as a streak of light cuts into one of the Men from Lambda, no time to care about that just have to keep the shield [Deadeye End roll 4] steady. [Fighter end roll 2] The fighter with him can't manage to do much in the way of coherent action while he's screaming and trying to dig spikes out of his arm.

---

Knife Team Foxtrot

Shoot Trol

Both lungs punctured by Tarran's burst of fire the Independent Fighter tries to get off one last shot. The pain is overwhelming [Soak roll 1] and he can do little more than roll over and close his eyes, finding escape from the pain in death. The Deadeye sporting the fresh wounds from Trol's pistol [Soak roll 3+1] falls to one knee for stability and raises his weapon to fire on Trol. [Quickshot 3 Vs Precognition 2] The pistol flashes with a crackling blue pulse that is all to familiar to Trol. [Armor roll 4] However unlike Ceal he wasn't at point blank range, and the shot hit him at an angle. Heat beyond reason sears against his stomach but dissipates quickly as the bolt glances away. (Trol Health -8)

Independent Fighter Dead.

---   

Dominique Wakeman

Dom grimaced in pain, but shoved it aside for the moment; she could worry about her wounds when the shooting stopped. Letting the shield fall, she instead shot at Constantine. Once the girl was dead, she'd take the Abassy and fire at the Deadeye maintaining a shield for Echo.

The girl is more of a threat than you thought, and you stagger back as Mandon's Heavy slug shatters the side of your riot shield. You raise your pistol to shoot him when his jaw suddenly explodes in a slurry of blood and bone, holy crap what the hell was that. [Mandon Soak 3] He makes a number of tongueless screams that you'll never forget and drops his weapon and shield to claw at his ruined face. Yeah, that's really going to help. Seeing that threat dealt with you shoot Constantine point blank [Soak 3] the pain of your injuries only barely effecting the aim. [Quickshot 6+1-1, Confirm critical 5, Constantine luck roll 4, critical confirmed] The hail of .22 rounds tears her apart, and her body gives a few last spasmodic jerks before stilling.

Constantine Killed

---

Knife Team Lambda

Keep cool, return fire.

Jeremy [Will roll 4] keeps it startlingly together seeing as he just got one of his arms removed. He ditches the assault rifle and grabs a gun from one of the fallen members of Echo group. [Soak roll 2] He tries to aim but his actions are jerky and his breathing is pained and elevated. [Quickshot 5-2] Surprisingly he does manage to point the gun generally back to the source of the beam of light and fires. [Taric Armor roll 5+1 Med] The bullets that manage to find Taric spark off the combat armor without harming him. Kyle raises his pistol and fires on Tarran, [Quickshot 2-1 range] but the heavy pistol round misses its mark miserably.

---

Tarran Smith

Reload and run into cover. Start demanding their surrender on the threat of death.

You reload your Renfield and try to find cover [Observation 3] most of the good spots are occupied but you get behind a set of fallen tables, they won't stop bullets but you'll be a little harder to shoot directly at. You slider under just as a bullet whizzes by and after a moment you catch your breath enough and demand their surrender, [Aggressive Diplomacy roll 2] doesn't look like anyone heard you.

STATUS

Spoiler: Enemies (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Tarran Smith (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Trol Grane (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Domninique Wakeman (click to show/hide)

Status of allies unknown.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2011, 08:27:41 pm by Draignean »
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---

Trollan

• Bay Watcher
  • O hai!
    • View Profile
« Reply #514 on: March 01, 2011, 08:00:48 pm »

Yank the knife out of the captains face and go stabby-stabby

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #515 on: March 01, 2011, 08:04:23 pm »

Down the sucker that tried to shoot me.
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #516 on: March 01, 2011, 08:58:52 pm »

Dom grimaced in pain, but shoved it aside for the moment; she could worry about her wounds when the shooting stopped. Letting the shield fall, she instead shot at Constantine. Once the girl was dead, she'd take the Abassy and fire at the Deadeye maintaining a shield for Echo.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #517 on: March 01, 2011, 09:13:03 pm »

Okay, your action has been edited in.

(Good god this loot is going to be absolutely evil to draw up when you guys are done)
---

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #518 on: March 01, 2011, 09:17:11 pm »

Sounds good to me. I claim everything I kill. :3
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #519 on: March 01, 2011, 09:24:26 pm »

Like those crazy women in the labyrinth movie.

Except with plasma rifles and thermobaric grenades, not household crap.
---

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #520 on: March 01, 2011, 09:31:35 pm »

We could use those grenades. They would've made a pretty good opening salvo, I think. Nevertheless, I think I'll be happy with the Abassy - and I'll try not to say "I have THIS!" too much.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #521 on: March 01, 2011, 09:49:20 pm »

Sounds good to me. I claim everything I kill. :3
>:o

I call the Assault Rifle and the Ichneuman. And maybe even a Sleipner SMG if it turns out to be better than my Renfield.

Trollan

• Bay Watcher
  • O hai!
    • View Profile
« Reply #522 on: March 01, 2011, 10:28:00 pm »

hmm... I want anything that i killed, and i'll take it from there

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #523 on: March 01, 2011, 10:45:35 pm »

Oi, get your own rifle, the Jormungdr is MINE!
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #524 on: March 01, 2011, 11:01:18 pm »

Oi, get your own rifle, the Jormungdr is MINE!
But you've already got a broadbeam!

Oh fine fine fine. Take it.

I demand a laser rifle when you can make one as compensation.
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 602