Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 602

Author Topic: Deviation-22. The End of All Things.  (Read 527577 times)

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
Re: Deviation-22 (Sci-Fi RTD) Chapter I, Obligatory Elevator Conversation
« Reply #390 on: February 23, 2011, 05:47:35 pm »

Thanks, the post is updated.
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #391 on: February 23, 2011, 05:49:50 pm »

"We're being paradropped, what kind of AA do they have?"
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #392 on: February 23, 2011, 05:57:01 pm »

Yvonne shakes her head. "First, that wasn't the question I asked. Second, none. This building's Anti-air are mounted on the main dome, and this isn't paradrop, not exactly. The danger is that it is effectively midnight, the only light is a refraction off of Zeus' corona, if we're lucky it's 60 below, and once we breach the outside of the structure we'll have about a half-minute to get inside before the building identifies the damage and curtains the breach with an energy field. The praetor will give you your part of the battle plan in more detail."
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #393 on: February 23, 2011, 05:58:40 pm »

"What equipment might the current occupants be using?"

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #394 on: February 23, 2011, 06:02:10 pm »

"Better conventional weapons and armor on average since they control the armory, less psionics. The independents have an ongoing power struggle, so the faction that is currently in control of the armory will have the best stuff, while the dregs will be pretty damn poorly armed."
---

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #395 on: February 23, 2011, 06:03:33 pm »

You quoted my post into both Taricus's turn and mine. You also called Trol Troll. Fail?

"I've never had any parachute simulations before. Never got the chance. I've watched some old movies before, though."
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #396 on: February 23, 2011, 06:05:26 pm »

You quoted my post into both Taricus's turn and mine. You also called Trol Troll. Fail?
*Failpalm* (X2 for failing when making this post as well)

Yvonne gives Tarran an eye. "Then heaven help you all. Just count it out and you'll be fine, pull your chute on six and a half."
« Last Edit: February 23, 2011, 06:11:29 pm by Draignean »
---

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #397 on: February 23, 2011, 06:07:28 pm »

Adding onto that, you just put your text in my quote in your post. :P
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #398 on: February 23, 2011, 06:08:17 pm »

Stop harassing him.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #399 on: February 23, 2011, 06:12:29 pm »

Stop harassing him.

All's fair, I poked his grammar earlier so we're even.

Fixed earlier post, will run the update in an hour or so. Have to take care of some stuff.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2011, 06:16:28 pm by Draignean »
---

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #400 on: February 23, 2011, 07:50:21 pm »

All: After longer than you would have thought possible the elevator stops smoothly, the doors of the elevator open just as smoothly onto the maintenance section for the broadcasters. The room is already occupied by twelve people, one standing by himself and the others in groups of three. Yvonne Joins one of the groups making them into four person teams, and she motions for your group to stand with the rest. As you join them the man standing alone addresses everyone. "Now that the drowsy layabouts have been accounted for we can move on. The independents have fortified the primary entrances to their section, they've done this by removing the goddamn floors on everything above the ground floor in sections near all the entrances. That means that no one and nothing can get in normally without stepping into a killbox that will shred you into plant fertilizer before you can cry." The man has a voice like sandpaper, if he were chewing a cigar it would fit right in. "Now, your job is to jump off of this building, land on their roof and slide through a hole the Shrikes make for you." One of the groups of four armed with what appear to be homemade rocket launchers nods and exchange grins. "To do this you will each take one of the packs from that wall, you will get on top of the building and jump off. You will then count to six and a half seconds and pull your chute. If you wait too long you will break your legs on their roof, too soon and you'll either freeze to death or be blown too far of course to get to the hole in time. Each group leader is provided with one of these." The man holds up a small black box with a button on it. "When you pull your chute, press this button once. The shrikes will blow a hole in the roof for you to get inside, you must be in the hole in thirty-two seconds or you will be locked outside, where you will die. When you are inside the facility work your way back into the complex towards our dome, you must capture the killbox that leads directly into our section. Once you have the situation under control press the same button three times, that calls us in to do our jobs. If you have any questions you can ask them in an hour, when we're celebrating, or burying you. Give them Hell.

The man nods to the groups and approaches you. "Which one of you lazy idiots has the misfortune of being the leader?"
---

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #402 on: February 23, 2011, 08:29:02 pm »

"Tarran"

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #403 on: February 23, 2011, 09:21:41 pm »

"Fine, fine. Cowards. I'll go first. But on one condition: You two come right behind me."

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #404 on: February 23, 2011, 09:22:41 pm »

"Alright, I'll provide fire support"
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 602