Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 602

Author Topic: Deviation-22. The End of All Things.  (Read 527696 times)

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
Re: Deviation-22 (Sci-Fi RTD) Chapter I, "I'm sorry, was that your groin?"
« Reply #375 on: February 22, 2011, 07:10:23 pm »

Character: Dominique Wakeman

Dominique dreamed about the time she smashed a guy's face in with his own hand.

You dream pleasantly.

+20 Stamina

Spoiler: Domninique Wakeman (click to show/hide)

---

Character: Trol Grane

You blink your eyes blearily at the cieling for a few minutes. You don't know if the Unchained who lack pads have a way to tell time here, but you would guess you've been out for longer than you had anticipated. Eh, You feel much better for it so it couldn't have been that bad. You swing yourself out of bed and head back down to the Training Hall. You need a bit more RC if you're going to get anything heavy, and short of doing real work gambling seems to be the best option.

The training hall is as you remember it, the people have changed but the roaring din of the place is the same. [Luck Roll 3] There are a couple matches, most are a bit too high for your rather limited funds, but with a little bit of searching you find a kinetic duel that is about your scale.

You have 3RC to bet, you much would you like to wager? (Once you make your wager the match will be processed as a free action.)

Spoiler: Trol Grane (click to show/hide)

---

Character: Taric Sizier

Head back to the barracks

[intuition 2+1+1] Thanks to your experience you're able to get back to the barracks area with Tarran in tow, [luck 4] [Observation roll 3+1] She nearly isn't visible beneath the thin blankets that she's wrapped herself in but you notice that Dom is Asleep in one of the beds.

Spoiler: Taric Sizier (click to show/hide)

---

Character: Tarran Smith

Follow Taric.

You follow Taric, you manage not to get lost.

Spoiler: Tarran Smith (click to show/hide)

I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #376 on: February 22, 2011, 07:12:48 pm »

Relax then meet with morgan
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #378 on: February 22, 2011, 07:37:36 pm »

Generically go to sleep until it's time to meet with morgan.
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #379 on: February 22, 2011, 07:41:20 pm »

Trol

You're able to find someone willing to bet against you, and you bet on the girl in the fight. She reminds you too much of Dominique to pass it up. [Jess Kinetics Roll 3, 4, 5, 5] Vs. [Keller 5, 3, 4, 3] Keller starts out stronger, moving the hunk of metal in the middle of the ring a full foot onto Jess' Side. Jess however builds momentem, turning back the metal in minutes and sending it back at Keller with surprising speed. Keller tries but his first blow was his best, and try though he might he cannot turn it back. The crowd cheers as the chunk of metal crosses over the line etched in front of Keller, and Jess takes her bows.

+2 RC 
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #380 on: February 23, 2011, 12:12:26 am »

*Checks his clock, tick tock....*

Hmph, things are very behind schedule indeed. You were meant to be farther ahead when this happened.

A new faction has arisen: The Motherless Sons
---

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #381 on: February 23, 2011, 12:22:47 am »

Hmph, things are very behind schedule indeed. You were meant to be farther ahead when this happened.
Really? Huh.

...And? Why are they so important that they get a bold?
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #382 on: February 23, 2011, 12:28:20 am »

Really? Huh.

My fault really... There should have been more fighting and shooting people by now.

...And? Why are they so important that they get a bold?

You remember when I mentioned "other fun crap"? That's them, at this point the reveal is just to keep you guys from falling asleep.  :-[ 

I did not anticipate how damn long wandering around the rebel base could take...
---

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #383 on: February 23, 2011, 12:32:10 am »

You remember when I mentioned "other fun crap"? That's them, at this point the reveal is just to keep you guys from falling asleep.  :-[ 
Too late, I'm already asleep in the game. :P

But in all seriousness, nah, I'm fine. Just really hope we get to actual combat soon.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #384 on: February 23, 2011, 12:33:43 am »

Uh yeah.

Right after the BASE jumping.

(Really)
---

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #386 on: February 23, 2011, 12:58:26 am »

Should I auto-pilot you to the barracks where you can meet up with others in an amazing coincidence of timing, or do you want me to leave you there in the training hall?
---

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #387 on: February 23, 2011, 12:11:43 pm »

If serious doesn't post soon she'll just stay asleep an extra turn.
---

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #388 on: February 23, 2011, 02:42:49 pm »

Character: Dominique Wakeman

Your sleep is largely untroubled, and ends only when Tarran Shakes you awake. Trol and Taric are here too, as well as the Hawkfaced woman you remember directing you to the infirmary. She nods and addresses you. "Good, you're up. Follow me all of you, Praetor Morgan is ready for your fireteam." You throw your legs out of bed and grab your gear, wondering when these people will stop assuming that you abide by their decisions. First it was the outfits and suddenly being Unchained, now apparently you had been made into a squad, you hesitate to think what they'll assume you want next. Only after you get up do you realize that your ribs don't hurt anymore, you pull the bandages off with a sense disbelief and probe your side. You can lift stuff with your mind and heal cracked ribs in a couple hours, if these people start telling you that you can fly you just might believe them.

Stamina Penalty Removed, ribs healed.

Spoiler: Domninique Wakeman (click to show/hide)

---

Trol Grane

Wait 'till we get a mission

Happy with your winnings you head back to the barracks, your catnap didn't really do much for the more pervasive fatigue that told that it was time to sleep. The place is familiar to you now and walking back to the barracks leaves you with time to think, what next? Is this what your life is going to be, one more soldier for the unchained? There are worse things, and upon introspection you realize you've been a few of them. Still... you feel there should be something else. Your musings break off when you get back to the barracks, Tarran and Taric are relaxing on bunks and Dom is fast asleep in another, looks like everyone had the same idea. Tarran sort of waves to you while lying down and Taric nods at you before sitting up all the way in the bunk. You sit down on the bunk beside Dom, she snores like a chainsaw, and you probably could have sat on her without waking her up. The three of you talk for a while, Tarran is sort of asleep but his day wasn't much different than yours, Taric however apparently invented a new kind of Armor and built a new model of laser rifle before talking to the Matriarch who was possessing someones mind. Sounds like a full day. After he fills you in on what he knows you lay back on the bunk, Five hours or so to wait for the Praetor to say something to you. You wonder why the man didn't just tell Taric in person.

It's a long wait, but between drifting off to sleep once, and talking to the others it passes with more alacrity than expected. A tall woman enters the barracks, wearing armor and with a helmet clipped to her belt. "Good, you're all here. I am Corporal Yvonne, the praetor is expecting you at the top of the Comms tower." When she finishes speaking she turns to Dominique and frowns, dominique snores loudly in reply. "Wake her, she'll need to be alert for what we have to do."

Spoiler: Trol Grane (click to show/hide)

---

Character: Taric Sizier

Relax then meet with morgan

You slouch on one of the bunks across from Dom, Tarran follows suit and seems to fall asleep in minutes. You yourself fall into a pleasant half-sleep until Trol enters the barracks. Tarran sort of wakes up when he enters, enough to throw an arm vaguely in Trol's direction in lieu of greeting. You talk for a while with Tarran occasionally interjecting whatever half-asleep phrase comes to mind, mainly though you fill him in about what the Matriarch said.

You sleep off most of the time, and about when you were going to shake everybody else awake a woman in combat armor walks up to the four of you. "Good, you're all here. I am Corporal Yvonne, the praetor is expecting you at the top of the Comms tower." Well that doesn't leave alot of room for arguement, you pack up what you have and get ready to follow Yvonne.

Spoiler: Taric Sizier (click to show/hide)

---

Character: Tarran Smith

Generically go to sleep until it's time to meet with morgan.

You follow Taric the rest of the way to the barracks, if you're going to be walking into a warzone you'll need to be decently rested. You drift off slowly and are only mostly under when trol enters, you wave at his general direction by way of greeting. Taric and Trol talk for a moment, and whenever you pick up a point in the conversation that understand through the haze of sleep and feel particularly relevant you chime in. You drift off the rest of the way and Taric's elbow brings you out of blissful unconsciousness. You become immediately aware of an additional person in the room, it takes you a bit more time to register the fact that she is in fact speaking. "-top of the Comms tower." When she finishes speaking she turns to Dominique and frowns, dominique snores loudly in reply. "Wake her, she'll need to be alert for what we have to do." To show that you in fact were paying attention through this exchange you shake Dom awake before grabbing the gear you laid out by your bunk.

Spoiler: Tarran Smith (click to show/hide)

All: The corporal has a fast walk and a long stride, and you have to hurry in order to keep pace with her. In just a few minutes you all reach the elevator at the base of the comms tower, Yvonne punches a few buttons and slides a card through an electronic lock. The Doors chime and swirl closed. Yvonne looks the lot of you up and down. "Cassandra may trust you guys enough to send you here, but quite frankly I don't give a damn how nice and friendly you are, this isn't a mission for rookies. She pauses and sucks in a breath before continuing. "I've watched all of you in training, some of you are better than others, and none of you are pushovers but there is a difference between training and the real deal. Have any of you done any parachute simulations?

There is time for a couple questions and answers before the elevator reaches the top, not a full round, but a few. 
« Last Edit: February 23, 2011, 06:06:28 pm by Draignean »
---

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #389 on: February 23, 2011, 04:48:36 pm »

No objections here, just breaking up a quad post  :)
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 602