Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 602

Author Topic: Deviation-22. The End of All Things.  (Read 527642 times)

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
Re: Deviation-22 (Sci-Fi RTD) Chapter I, OH GOD, THE TEXT!
« Reply #345 on: February 21, 2011, 04:37:14 am »

Power Cells, most energy weapons do.
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #346 on: February 21, 2011, 04:40:31 am »

And how much RC do I have?
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #347 on: February 21, 2011, 04:41:49 am »

I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #348 on: February 21, 2011, 04:42:36 am »

Head back to the signifier and buy a power cell

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #349 on: February 21, 2011, 04:43:58 am »

Eh consider it already done.

Walk back and forth isn't exactly exciting.
---

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #350 on: February 21, 2011, 04:45:13 am »

Head to the matriarch and inquire about the armory

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #351 on: February 21, 2011, 05:12:01 am »

Dom looked over the list and took a minute figuring out how much what she wanted would total up to. "All right... I'll take, uh, a chimera pistol with two clips for it and the lightest body armor here."

(The chimera takes .22s, right? If so I think I have enough to cover it all. If not, just ignore the chimera/ammo and bump the armor up to reinforced hazard suit.)
« Last Edit: February 21, 2011, 03:03:12 pm by SeriousConcentrate »
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #353 on: February 21, 2011, 11:52:10 am »

You can buy everything on there (Barely) If you exclude the baton, which seems like a good idea since you've already got one.
---

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #354 on: February 21, 2011, 02:15:21 pm »

Oh, I still have the one I got off the deadhead? I thought for some reason the Unchained had taken it when they picked us up. :-[
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #355 on: February 21, 2011, 02:24:31 pm »

Nah, you've still got it. You weren't exactly a threat to them, and there was no point in having you get it merely to take it away again. Now if you'd managed to strip the point defense cannon that would have been a different story.

---

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #356 on: February 21, 2011, 03:03:47 pm »

OK. Fix'd post so now she's just asking for the pistol, ammo, and makeshift body armor.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #357 on: February 21, 2011, 04:12:09 pm »

Fire furiously at the target again.
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #358 on: February 21, 2011, 10:33:37 pm »

Character: Trol Grane

Sleep more

Ugh, you can't take much more of this... Still, you need the rest and you close your eyes once more. [End roll 6] Your brain seems to recognize the need for normal rest, and darkness consumes you. Darkness filled with Aardvarks and scantily clad warrior women.

Sound asleep (You lose the next turn, but will regenerate a significant portion of your stamina.)

Spoiler: Trol Grane (click to show/hide)

---

Character: Dominique Wakeman

Dom looked over the list and took a minute figuring out how much what she wanted would total up to. "All right... I'll take, uh, a chimera pistol with two clips for it and the lightest body armor here."

(The chimera takes .22s, right? If so I think I have enough to cover it all. If not, just ignore the chimera/ammo and bump the armor up to reinforced hazard suit.)

The man processes your order quickly and the items are there in minutes. "You have 1RC left, don't forget to see the Matriarch." He frowns at your ribs. "Perhaps it would be best to wait until those ribs mend, Cassandra will understand. Probably, she may kill you for ignoring her though." [Intuition 3] Something niggles at the back of your mind, but the feeling fades in an instant.

Spoiler: Domninique Wakeman (click to show/hide)

---

Taric Sizier

Head to the matriarch and inquire about the armory

Well the rifle works, a fine bit of work if you do say so yourself. Training is all well and good but you can't see yourself spending your entire day here, training when you could be doing. The Matriarch will probably have something for you to do, this doesn't seem like the place where idle hands last long. [Intuition roll 3+1] It takes you a while, your memories of your first visit are a little fuzzy but you are able to retrace your steps after only small difficulty.

The comms tower is the same bustle of activity that you remember, with the Matriarch at the heart of it. She glances up at you as you enter, no surprise registers across her features. You find the old broad very creepy. She turns back to her work almost immediately, and a young man in a black jumpsuit like your own strides over to you. He walks up to you and leads you away from the Matriarch before speaking. "I know you wished to speak with me but my time is limited." Holy hell, it isn't the Matriarch's voice, but the rhythm and the way she clips her words off at the end is just like you remembered. Your desire to have a direct conversation with body snatching granny dries up entirely. [Will 4] You manage to speak without voicing your surprise and alarm. "Er... Yes, I wanted to know about the armory. I heard a little about it, something about independents." The young man nods, subconsciously brushing away a wisp of hair that isn't there. "We do not have complete control of the station yet, there were events after the battle that we did not foresee. When we threw off technocrat control everyone was united, we worked towards the common goal of not being killed by a superior opponent. After we forced the remaining technocrats into the burned out Administration tower and labs, part of the former prisoner population here didn't sit well with the idea of joining with us." The man sighs, continuing somewhat sadly. "The second fight was faster but no less bloody, and those who did not wish to unite with us were forced into the armory, private training rooms, and staff quarters. The branded themselves the independent forces, what they hope to achieve on their own is beyond me."

The man looks at you critically. "We are looking to retake the rest of the facility, but the remaining Technocracy forces have enough weaponry to make the battle bloody enough render us too weak to repulse the independents if we tried to retake them now. The independents have set up an alley of death between our buildings, anyone trying to go through is killed, their shields overwhelmed in instants." The man nods, seeming to have decided on something. "There is a job for your group if they are willing, talk to Praetor Morgan in six hours. Tell the others of your group, and make sure you are ready for combat by then. Dismissed.

Spoiler: Taric Sizier (click to show/hide)

---

Character: Tarran Smith

Fire furiously at the target again.

Now that you're warmed up you go another round on the target, hopefully this time won't be quite so skin of the teeth. The targets change again and you open fire. [Marksman roll 2+1, 3+1, 3+1, 3+1 Vs difficulty 15] All of the targets go down again, and while your overall performance was more stable you really don't feel you've improved that much.

Marksman +1/8

Spoiler: Tarran Smith (click to show/hide)
---

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #359 on: February 21, 2011, 10:44:39 pm »

Bored, my guy randomly wanders around until he reaches the matriarch.

Also, I just noticed my guy rolled a 3 instead of a 5 at orientation. Huh, I could've sworn Taricus and me were in the opposite positions, but whatever.
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 602