Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 602

Author Topic: Deviation-22. The End of All Things.  (Read 528302 times)

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Deviation-22 (Sci-Fi RTD) Chapter I, and then it exploded.
« Reply #226 on: February 16, 2011, 02:15:05 am »

Keep moving.
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: February 16, 2011, 02:56:42 am »

Area: Barrens, Heading to the smoking administrative center you were being sent to by shuttle.

Group: [Luck roll 1] Trol's predictions as to the distance were terrible, and judging from new predictions it's closer to five miles to the structure, still the badlands offer sure footing, and you set a brisk pace. [Observation 2]  You make it thirty minutes minutes before you realize that the dust cloud between you and the structure that you've been focused on is being kicked up by a vehicle. When you notice what it is it's too late to run, and there is nowhere to hide. Nothing to do but grip what weapons you have and continue. You get a better view of the vehicle as it pulls in closer, it has three axles and four wheels to each axle. The nose is shaped like a wedge and is but inches from the ground, it doesn't appear to have any embedded weapons. [Failed roll not shown] It pulls up along side you, about twenty-five feet away, and a hatch opens on the side. Letting a pair of people in greenish hostile environment suits out onto the badlands, those suits were obviously not designed to conceal them in this area. They are both armed with a rifle of some kind, [Observation roll 4] energy weapons judging from the lack of protruding magazines. An amplified voice comes out of the vehicle. "Get into the transport, or we'll shoot you. Keep your hands visible at all times, or we'll shoot you. Do anything stupid, and we'll shoot you." the voice finishes the sentence with a rather vicious certainty.     

(Since your actions were all basically identical and none of your wounds need/can be treated your actions were rolled together. Don't worry I promise things will get more exciting soon, just have to get you out of the barrens.)

Spoiler: Trol Grane (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Domninique Wakeman (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Tarric Sizier (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Tarran Smith (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: NPCs (click to show/hide)
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: February 16, 2011, 03:02:09 am »

Wow, we failed quite badly.

"...I say we listen to them guys."

Action 1: (Use my charisma) "Alright, we'll come with you. On one condition; you tell us what's going on around here."

Action 2 so I don't waste a turn just getting in: Get into da transport.
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: February 16, 2011, 03:03:19 am »

Examine their equipment while moving towards the transport.

Trollan

• Bay Watcher
  • O hai!
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: February 16, 2011, 10:29:18 am »

[b Just hop in, I don't wanna turn out like Ceal[/b].

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: February 16, 2011, 11:01:27 am »

"Damn it..." Dom muttered under her breath. Damn guns. If they didn't have them she'd thrash them within an inch of their lives. But since they did, she'd just have to wait for an opportune moment when the rifle's advantage - range - was negated. Maybe when they were in the transport...

She sighed and moved towards it.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: February 16, 2011, 01:19:19 pm »

Area: Barrens. Some distance away from the city.

Tarran Smith:

(Use my charisma) "Alright, we'll come with you. On one condition; you tell us what's going on around here."  Get into da transport.

You need answers, you don't feel your odds are that great at putting conditions on people who have the transport, the armor, and the weapons but it can't hurt too badly to try. "Alright, we'll come with you. On one condition; you tell us what's going on around here." You shout at the vehicle. [Gather Information roll 3+1-1 situation, VS Will roll 6+1]  "Forget it kid, you will get in the armadillo or you will be shot. That was one of the conditions, after that you are free to ask many goddamn questions as you like and we will be free to ignore them." The voice on the loudspeaker crackles out. Well you might not know anything more than the class of transport you're going in, but that's something at least. You walk past the guards and get into the vehicle.

Spoiler: Tarran Smith (click to show/hide)

---

Character: Dominique Wakeman

"Damn it..." Dom muttered under her breath. Damn guns. If they didn't have them she'd thrash them within an inch of their lives. But since they did, she'd just have to wait for an opportune moment when the rifle's advantage - range - was negated. Maybe when they were in the transport...

Tranport Identified

She sighed and moved towards it.

You watch as Tarran speaks with the Transport, only to have their ultimatum get repeated. No sense in getting shot for having a stiff neck... Just wait till they were on your field. Neither of the guards make a sound as you walk past into the Armadillo. [Intuition 4] You wouldn't have seen it if some part of you didn't already know it was there. Freshly Incised in black against the green of their hazard is the image of a broken chain. Great, more psychotic idiots who think working with mites to poor silver acid on shit is fun.

Guards Identified

Spoiler: Domninique Wakeman (click to show/hide)

---

Character: Trol Grane

Just hop in, I don't wanna turn out like Ceal.

Screw resistance, you're thirsty, you're injured, and you have no clue where you are except by referencing a smoking building. You Follow Dom into the Armadillo.

Spoiler: Trol Grane (click to show/hide)

---

Character: Taric Sizier

Examine their equipment while moving towards the transport.

Knowledge has always been your weapon, time to use that weapon to find theirs. As you walk to the Armadillo you look at their rifles, [Int roll 2+1] they look like old broadbeam cleaners, they've been heavily modified but at a glance it's difficult to tell exactly what they did. You think you can hazard a guess that they aren't for household use anymore. You'll have a better chance to look at the rifles once you're inside the Armadillo.

Weapons Identified, Specifics not added.

Spoiler: Tarric Sizier (click to show/hide)

---

Inside the Armadillo Transport: The Armadillo is much more cramped than the shuttle you were in, the ceiling isn't high enough to stand in and they somehow managed to cram eight seats in. The seats are reclined heavily, probably to help when the vehicle is going over rough terrain. One of the seats in the back of the vehicle is occupied by another Unchained soldier, this one with a more conventional heavy pistol. As each of you takes one of the four seats in the middle the two soldiers from outside enter and take the two seats nearest the pilot. Shortly after they get back on the vehicle rumbles off, making a turn that seems unnecessarily and speeding off.

The man in the back of the transport breaks the silence first, you recognize his voice as the one that threatened to shoot you. "Alright, I'm sure most of you have a lot of questions. Most of them I won't answer, those will have to wait until you get to the outpost. My name is Joseph, and I will shoot you if you make trouble. There has been a bit too much of that recently for me to put up with any from you, clear?"

Spoiler: NPCs (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Knowledge added (click to show/hide)
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: February 16, 2011, 01:26:06 pm »

Sit down and try to determine the specifics of the rifles.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: February 16, 2011, 01:44:04 pm »

Dom said nothing for a moment, simply fixing her attention on Joseph... observing him. "So. You're all Unchained then," she said. Not a question, just a statement of what she had seen, mostly said just to let her allies know it as well. "I caught one of you people sabotaging water filtration systems back home."

She didn't know what he had hoped to gain from that, but it was irrelevant at the moment. "I did him a favor and 'forgot' to mention him in my report. So now I'm asking a favor from you. Why'd you shoot us down and abduct us at gunpoint?"
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: February 16, 2011, 02:23:22 pm »

Free Actions

Taric

Sit down and try to determine the specifics of the rifles.

While Dom is talking with Joseph you try and get a closer look at those rifles. [Int and intuition rolls. 2+1 + 5 Vs Difficulty 7] They've really made over the rifles. Old Broadbeams were used for cleaning and sterilization and they emitted a sustained laser that was swept over the surface of whatever you needed cleaned, at its highest setting it could leave a mild burn if you kept it focused long enough. These though have been remodelled into rather unusual weapons. The barrel has been refitted with a wave harmonics chamber, making it into a pulse laser instead of a beam. The weak household energy cell that powered it has been replaced with a much heavier cell, and the broad aperture of the rifle has been slimmed down somewhat. All in all they effectively turned a hose into a shotgun.

---

Dominique

Dom said nothing for a moment, simply fixing her attention on Joseph... observing him. "So. You're all Unchained then," she said. Not a question, just a statement of what she had seen, mostly said just to let her allies know it as well. "I caught one of you people sabotaging water filtration systems back home."

She didn't know what he had hoped to gain from that, but it was irrelevant at the moment. "I did him a favor and 'forgot' to mention him in my report. So now I'm asking a favor from you. Why'd you shoot us down and abduct us at gunpoint?"

He looks at you for a moment, weighing you. "We'll see about the validity of your story when we get to the outpost, our last batch of reports is fairly recent. Don't think that a lie will not be punished." He leans forward slightly in the chair, steepling his fingers as the Armadillo trundles along. "As to the reason why you were shot down imagine this. You've been planning a rebellion for five years, against all odds you managed to keep it secret enough to build your forces in preparation to kill you captors. Now imagine it's the night of your revolution, the battle is raging hot and could go either way at the drop of a hat. Imagine that a shuttle hails the comms tower that you hold by a fingernail and asks for docking clearance. You know that if your captors get a message to that shuttle it will go skipping off into the sunset only to return with enough reinforcements to crack this moon in half. You have the power to shoot it down. Ask yourself, what would you do?"
---

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: February 16, 2011, 02:25:22 pm »

Try and find a way to improve the beam rifles

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: February 16, 2011, 03:38:06 pm »

Interrupt Dominique's conversation "I would let it down, then kill the pilot."

"*Cough*, uh, I haven't introduced myself. Name's Tarran Smith, I'm on your side, I'm a freedom fighter. As proof, I've killed Harold Szero and Tamika Bock. I've also done a bunch of other crap too that managed to get me face-to-face with a freaking Arbiter."

"Oh, and if you guys ever had a dealer named Marcus; he's dead now, I killed him. He sold me out to the Arbiter and got me into this mess."
« Last Edit: February 16, 2011, 03:39:59 pm by Tarran »
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: February 16, 2011, 04:46:59 pm »

Dominique glanced over at Tarran, then back to Joseph. "Fine. I still don't know what you want with us, but whatever." She leaned back in her chair and closed her eyes. Tarran sounded like he was much better with speaking than her anyway, and he was one of them. He had a better chance of getting help from them than she did.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: February 16, 2011, 04:48:48 pm »

Dominique glanced over at Tarran, then back to Joseph. "Fine. I still don't know what you want with us, but whatever." She leaned back in her chair and closed her eyes. Tarran sounded like he was much better with speaking than her anyway, and he was one of them. He had a better chance of getting help from them than she did.
Just wait; I'll roll a 1 on my speech and luck roll. Just you wait. :P
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 602