Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 602

Author Topic: Deviation-22. The End of All Things.  (Read 528264 times)

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
Re: Deviation-22 (Sci-Fi RTD) Prologue, In which Tarran "Sashays softly".
« Reply #105 on: February 13, 2011, 02:35:34 am »

Oh dammit. Spend one attribute point into Intelligence and a skill point into Dodging.

"...Jack... Ass..." Try to trip the Arbiter.
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: February 13, 2011, 02:36:46 am »

"He shot me and threated my mother", Take my access card off Tarran then tell the arbiter about the power outage in the hydroponics area
skill point in marksman and attribute point into intelligence.
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: February 13, 2011, 03:11:41 am »

Dominique immediately moved to the shadows. While this guy sounded like he needed his ass kicked, she was curious to find out just what he was doing down here. As far as she was aware nobody came down to these dangerous areas without a good reason, and if it turned out he and his mysterious buddy were up to no good, she'd see they got what was coming to them.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: February 13, 2011, 03:31:38 am »

Ability scores updated.

---

Character: Taric Sizier

You decide that the best way to reply to this is with the truth. "He shot me and threated my mother" you say simply, bending down to grab you access badge off of Tarran's chest. She looks at you for a moment and nods before replying. "I believe you, but why were yo-" [Tarran Dex roll 2 Vs. Arbiter dex 4] She cuts off as tarran tries to kick her in the back of her left knee. [Arbiter melee roll 5+1 Vs Tarran Luck 4] She raises her left leg and brings back done in a heavy stomp just as Tarran's leg is under it, he manages to jerk back but not before something crunches loudly in his leg. He grunts loudly. The Arbiter swears once and turns back to you. "I'm apologize for my language but it will appear that I am going to have to carry him." You stare at her for a moment, you're pretty sure she just broke that guy's knee and she is apologizing to you for swearing. You didn't expect that out of Arbiter. [speech roll 2] The sheer strangeness of it leaves you a little tongue tied and she resumes her question before you can tell her about hydroponics. "Now as I was saying, why were you following him? You didn't look like you were about to try and hit him with that baton." She asks you, her face serene. You have the unsettling feeling that she could kill you without trying too hard and that expression would never change while she was doing it.

You have gained a Hydroponics ID badge.

Spoiler: Taric Sizier (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: NPC (click to show/hide)

---

Character: Tarran Smith

"...Jack... Ass..." Try to trip the Arbiter.

The first thing you feel after getting shot in the back is a hand rummaging on your chest, that little punk is taking the ID back... From your position on the floor you have a decent view of him and the... Holy shit. It's an Arbiter. You always knew you were going to die doing what you do but you never imagined you would actually attract of these bastards. She doesn't seem to be paying much attention to you... if you could just get her on the ground you might have a chance. A very slim chance, but a chance. You muster what control you have left and attempt to kick her in the back of the knee. [Dex roll 2 Vs. arbiter Dex 4] She moves her foot out of the way of your clumsy kick easily [Arbiter Melee roll 5+1 Vs luck 4] and smashes it back down onto your knee as you try to withdraw it. You feel something pop loose, along with searing hot flash of pain. (Can't walk, -8 health) [Endurance roll 4] Compared to the disruptor pulse this is a damn vacation though and you merely grunt in pain.

Spoiler: Tarran (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Hostile (click to show/hide)

----

Character: Dominique Wakeman

Dominique immediately moved to the shadows. While this guy sounded like he needed his ass kicked, she was curious to find out just what he was doing down here. As far as she was aware nobody came down to these dangerous areas without a good reason, and if it turned out he and his mysterious buddy were up to no good, she'd see they got what was coming to them.

You hide as much as you can, [Dex roll 3] you don't think anyone is going to miss you if they look right at you but you might escape a chance glance. The Clear voice picks up again and you try to listen [Observation roll 1] you try to lean in a little closer and overbalance, [Dex roll 5] but you just manage to catch yourself without making a sound. You've missed the first part of whatever he was saying but you try to listen again [Observation 3] for you hear one of the more guttural and slurred voices first. "... ... get through... ... patched it." [luck roll 4] The clear voice comes back much louder with anger allowing you to hear it clearly. "Then un-patch the damn chute! If you brainless parasites hadn't been so stupid it wouldn't be patched!" You would hazard a guess that they are talking about the plate you put over the chute... the chute that they would have to go directly past you to get to.

Spoiler: Dominique Wakeman (click to show/hide)
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: February 13, 2011, 03:35:09 am »

"He had my access card for hydroponics, any way I need to get to the power station, the power to this area has been cut off deliberately".

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: February 13, 2011, 03:38:07 am »

Spray and pray my SMG into any weakspot her armor may have.

It's about now I really wish I had brought more guns.
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: February 13, 2011, 04:06:01 am »

Dominique swallowed heavily and gripped her knife tighter. This person was with the Mites, that much was certain. If she went for him, she would have maybe a moment of surprise, if she was lucky. But she was going to bank on it. She wasn't scared. When he passed, she would go for the arms, try to stab them as much as possible to weaken them and prevent him from fighting back. Then she would ask him what he thought he was doing down here.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: February 13, 2011, 04:33:04 am »

Character: Taric Sizier

"He had my access card for hydroponics, any way I need to get to the power station, the power to this area has been cut off deliberately".

Once again you give her the truth, or as close to it as you're willing to get. She smiles "I see..." You get the distinct feeling she's laughing. [Arbiter precognition roll 3 Vs. Tarran dex 5] It would seem a simple thing like having bits of bone migrate around his leg is not about to stop Tarran Smith and he drags the renfield out from under his body with surprising speed and fires upon the Arbiter. [Tarran quick shot roll 2] You blast the room with metal spikes, only one hits the Arbiter [Arbiter armor roll 3+2 Light weapons] and it ricochets harmlessly away. [Luck roll 4] You remember Tarran's shooting and hit the deck in time to avoid the spray of metal. [Marcus Luck roll 2] Marcus on the other hand is still staring benevolently at random objects and gets three spikes in him, he yells and falls backwards. [Marcus will roll 1] This just isn't the man's day, the pain of the spikes conflicts totally with his imprinted personality and he lapses into a coma. Tarran appears to have pissed the Arbiter off and she levels her weapon at him. [Arbiter quickshot 5+1, confirm critical 3+1, confirmed.] A brilliant beam of crackling blue light connects her weapon to Tarran for an instant. Tarran screams and collapses backwards smoking slightly. (Tarran -20 HP -50 Stamina) Satisfied that he won't be anymore trouble the arbiter turns back to you. "Now, I will investigate this power sabotage at my next opportunity, you have my word of honor. Right now though you need to come with me, to serve as a witness against this Tarran Smith." She is staring at you intently, waiting for an answer. [Failed roll not shown]

Spoiler: Taric Sizier (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: NPC (click to show/hide)

---

Character: Tarran Smith

Spray and pray my SMG into any weakspot her armor may have.

Screw lying here like a drowned rat, you can feel you SMG against your stomach and you think you might be able to whip it out fast enough to surprise the arbiter. [Dec 5 Vs. Arbiter Precognition 3] You focus yourself and then draw and fire in one motion. [Quickshot roll 2] The smooth draw worked very well, the shooting part didn't so much and needles go all over the room. One his the Arbiter [Armor roll 3+2 against light weapons] and sparks off. [Taric luck roll 4] Taric apparently saw what was coming and gets down in time to avoid getting impaled a couple of times. [Marcus luck roll 2] Marcus isn't so lucky and takes a couple needles to the chest. [Marcus will roll 1] The pain combined with the false personality is enough to break him and he collapses into a coma. You might not have broken her armor, but you certainly damaged the Arbiter's calm. She points the disruptor rifle at you and fires.  [Arbiter quickshot 5+1, confirm critical 3+1, confirmed.] The world becomes made of pain, your mouth tastes like metal... assy metal. And you know no more.

Congratulations on being the first to complete the Prologue Tarran!

Spoiler: Tarran Smith (click to show/hide)

---

Character: Dominique Wakeman

Dominique swallowed heavily and gripped her knife tighter. This person was with the Mites, that much was certain. If she went for him, she would have maybe a moment of surprise, if she was lucky. But she was going to bank on it. She wasn't scared. When he passed, she would go for the arms, try to stab them as much as possible to weaken them and prevent him from fighting back. Then she would ask him what he thought he was doing down here.

The voices cease and you soon hear two sets of footsteps coming your way, and two shabby Mites turn the corner where you are hiding [Mite Observation rolls 3, 3 Vs. 3] [Luck Roll 6] both of them walk almost past you before one of them stops and peers into the dark patch where you're hiding. You take a running step forwards to give you momentum and thrust at his face knife leading [Melee roll 3+3 Complete surprise Vs Mite luck 2] [Confirm critical roll 3, critical confirmed.] your knife stabs through the mite's eye socket, killing him instantly. (Mite 1 -50 HP] [Mite 2 Will roll 1] The second mite takes one look at you impaling the head of his comrade and passes out then and there.

Spoiler: Dominique Wakeman (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Hostiles (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: on ground (click to show/hide)
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Deviation-22 (Sci-Fi RTD) Prologue, In which Tarran gets crispy fried
« Reply #113 on: February 13, 2011, 04:40:59 am »

"Will do. May I ask your name?"
« Last Edit: February 13, 2011, 04:46:42 am by Taricus »

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: February 13, 2011, 04:42:48 am »

...Ow. Well, it was worth a try. I guess I'll have to wait until everyone else starts getting their ass kicked before my next action. :P

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: February 13, 2011, 04:44:25 am »

"Will do."

You too are now done with the prologue.

What happens will be posted once Trol (He should be done very soon) and Dominique (Sorta soon.) complete.

EDIT: to your edit. I rather whimsically named the Arbiter Fenchurch, I'm telling you this now because you won't get to know otherwise.. (+15 Kudo Points to anyone who gets the reference for her name.)
« Last Edit: February 13, 2011, 04:53:28 am by Draignean »
---

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: February 13, 2011, 05:08:12 am »

Fair enough.

Trollan

• Bay Watcher
  • O hai!
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: February 13, 2011, 10:18:31 am »

punch that bitch in the face with my knucklers, then stab her some more

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: February 13, 2011, 01:30:38 pm »

Dom shook her head at the lily-livered Mite and knelt beside him. "You won't be needing these," she said as she took the knife and pistol from his body. Now, what to do with him...? Maybe he knows what's going on. She took a few steps back, keeping her eyes on him, and raised the pistol. When he got up, he would some explaining to do, and she wasn't the patient sort... so she stomped his stomach and, keeping her weight on him, pointed the pistol at his face.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2011, 05:56:20 pm by SeriousConcentrate »

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: February 13, 2011, 05:49:04 pm »

Uh... serious, you are aware that that pistol will discharge its entire clip the first time you pull the trigger? Just need you to confirm your action.

---

Character: Trol Grane

punch that bitch in the face with my knucklers, then stab her some more

[Dex Rolls, Trol 6+1, Group leader 5, Ceal 4, Jefferson 3] While ceal continues to try and push the knife into your chest you slip you hand into your coat pocket and into your Knucklers. You don't have much room [Melee roll 4 Vs, Luck 2] but you still manage a brawlers punch to her jaw [Str roll 2] You can't get a lot of force behind it though and she doesn't seem that hurt. (Ceal -4 HP -6 Stamina) The group leader seems to have recoverd somewhat and you feel something in the back of your mind again. [Group leader Shatter mind 5+1-2 Vs will 3] It isn't the tickling almost gentle feeling like last time, it's like a white hot bar of light in your mind.  [End roll 4] Waves of pain and memory crash against you, but in your time as an Enforcer and a Dealer you've made some fairly strong mental barriers and after a moment most the pain and disorientation fades. (-1 to next roll, -16 Stamina.) Now that she's on top of you ceal tries to twist the knife all the way out of your grasp. [Ceal Str roll 4 Vs Str roll 4-1] You hold for a minute but the mental agony loosened your control too much and she pries the knife free of your grip, and throws it aside going for her discarderd stun club. [Ceal Dex roll 5 Vs intuition roll 4] You realize that too late though as her fingers close around the baton. Her being on top does work to your advantage [Luck Roll 4] as it keeps Jefferson from getting another clear shot at your back. That doesn't stop him from making a swing out your exposed side [Jefferson Melee Roll 2-1 Bad shot Vs Dex 5] You twist your body at last minute and Jeffersons swing takes Ceal in the side of the head instead of you. [Jefferson's Str roll 4] It was a good shot and you can smell burning hair as Ceal's head whips sideways. (Ceal -16 HP -25 Stamina) [Ceal soak roll 3] It would seem she doesn't handle sudden electrical shocks as well as her other injuries and she cries out jerking sideways. (Stunned for next round.)

Spoiler: Trol Grane (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Hostiles (click to show/hide)

« Last Edit: February 13, 2011, 06:42:55 pm by Draignean »
---
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 602