Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 602

Author Topic: Deviation-22. The End of All Things.  (Read 528103 times)

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Deviation-22 (Sci-Fi RTD) Prologue, In which Tarran gets trigger happy.
« Reply #75 on: February 12, 2011, 02:51:33 am »

Glad we got that cleared up, sorry if caused some offence :)
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: February 12, 2011, 02:53:40 am »

Glad we got that cleared up, sorry if caused some offence :)
Ehh, you didn't cause any. It's just that you and your mother are starting to get annoying. Both for me and my Character. :P
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: February 12, 2011, 02:55:36 am »

I am trying to defuse the situation to get you to kill her ex  ;D

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: February 12, 2011, 02:57:18 am »

Your actions happen BEFORE mine.
Oh they do? No, they don't, our actions happen at the same time. Still, get your point. Editing my action.

The actions happen at the same time, Taric's low Dex roll in the beginning of that last round was what caused the tackle to get in late. Tarran's actions are listed first mostly out of habit since he had the first introduction.

You guys are most of the way through the prologue, I'm pretty pleased with the way things are turning out so far.

I am trying to defuse the situation to get you to kill her ex  ;D

Do you normally defuse situations by hitting people with batons?
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: February 12, 2011, 02:58:24 am »

Editing.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: February 12, 2011, 03:03:15 am »

Editing.

Oh please, you mean you aren't going to try and beat Tarran about the sensitive regions with a weighted club?  :P
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: February 12, 2011, 03:03:51 am »

That's for Jon  >:D

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
---

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: February 12, 2011, 03:07:20 am »

Mother's boyfriend

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: February 12, 2011, 03:09:26 am »

I thought I named him peter...

(Remind never to try and write a full length novel without making notes of everyone's name in triplicate.)

Anyway, starting the next turn as soon as I slap together a sandwich.
---

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: February 12, 2011, 03:12:28 am »

You're right D'oh

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: February 12, 2011, 04:03:16 am »

You're right D'oh

Well at least I'm not totally crazy yet, don't worry I'm sure they'll be a Jon later who is in desperate need of getting his stones split.

-----------------
Character: Taric Sizier

Ask the gunman what he's doing here.

Well you've got a weapon, but you're still no closer to finding out who this crazy fool is. You try the direct approach, [Speech roll 5] "Who the hell are you and why are you shooting people?" you manage as you rise somewhat unsteadily from the floor, holding you bludgeon tightly. That last bit seems to get to him and he replies as he rummages around on the floor. "I'm a good guy, you'll have to trust me on that." he gestures at the room with the Renfield. "I really wasn't planning on any of this happening and I do apologize." [Tarran Dex roll 4+1 Vs Dex 2] his hand whips out and quick as a flash liberates you of your ID badge. "Now" Tarran begins "I need this to get through that door. Hopefully we will never have cause to remember this occasion ever again." With that he turns on his heel and makes for the door.

You have lost your Hydroponics ID badge.

Spoiler: Taric Sizier (click to show/hide)

---------

Character: Tarren Smith

Grab the extra clip and reload my SMG while moving towards the door that leads to Marcus.

You grab the clip off the ground and hook it into the SMG, the rest of the room still seems mostly frozen after your little display. The staff member at your feet however manages to pull himself together enough to get to his feet and pose a question. "Who the hell are you and why are you shooting people?" [Taric Speech roll 5 Vs. Will roll 3] You know it would be better to remain silent but that last bit stings too much to let him think that you just did this for kicks. You take a breath and let it out slowly before speaking,  "I'm a good guy, you'll have to trust me on that." you say, gesturing at the rest of the room. "I really wasn't planning on any of this happening and I do apologize." Well, that's really all you can say about that, [Intuition roll 6] the badge on the man's shirt suddenly catches your eye. A full member, with that badge you can get the hell out of here and find Marcus, with luck you can be fashionably early. You decide it would be best to 'liberate' him of it.  [Dex roll 4+1 Vs Dex 2] He seems too surprised to stop you as you grab the ID off his chest.  "Now, I need this to get through that door. Hopefully we will never have cause to remember this occasion ever again." Oh heavens above you hope so... Hopefully the stunned surprise will last until you reach the door.

You have gained a Hydroponics ID badge.

Spoiler: Tarren Smith (click to show/hide)

-----

Character: Dominique Wakeman

One down, one to... ah! Dom turned to the second Mite just as he knifed her in the arm. "All right, you bastard. You want blood, you're getting it!" She went straight for the head with a swing from her crowbar.

Goddamn knives, goddamn mites... [Soak roll 4+1] You've been brawling since you could ball your fists, and you've taken plenty of hurt. As you prepare to cave the stupid Mite's head in you set aside the pain of your previous injury. [Melee roll 2 Vs 2] [Luck roll, 3 vs 5] The mite deflects your skullbreaker and kicks you in the stomach, driving you back. [Stamina roll 2] Damn that little shit can kick you think as the air whumphs out of your lungs. -1 to next roll, -15 stamina . The mite takes the opportunity to swipe with his knife [Mite's melee roll 2 Vs. 4-1] his swing goes wide and you use the opening to thrust your crowbar at his stomach. [Strength roll 5 Vs luck 4] The wedge end of the crowbar hits the mite in the stomach [Mite's armor roll 2-1 makeshift] punching a crowbar sized hole in his suit. (Mite -20 Hp -10 stamina) [Mite's endurance roll 3] he takes it like pretty much anyone would take a couple inches crowbar in the stomach, he falls backward in agony while clutching his stomach.       

The Mite is in severe pain, unless he makes an endurance save of 4 or better his rolls for next turn are at -2.

Spoiler: Dominique Wakeman (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Hostiles (click to show/hide)

---

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: February 12, 2011, 04:15:56 am »

Dom grit her teeth and took a step back to get more room to swing with. She wasn't about to let this bastard get to his feet; hell, she wasn't going to let him ever get up again. She swung the crowbar down as hard as she could towards his back, fully prepared to keep swinging until she had broken every bone in his torso.

If this succeeds, it'll be a good example of why you don't mess with a chick who has serious anger management issues. :P
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: February 12, 2011, 04:18:10 am »

Ask him who marcus is and follow him.

Trollan

• Bay Watcher
  • O hai!
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: February 12, 2011, 11:53:04 am »

so, ill end up dead before the intro, i see.  :'(  If i do die, could i just make a new character on the waiting list?

tackle peacemaker Ceal, and shoot her with the energy pistol at point blank. repeatedly. in the head, too
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 602