Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 599 600 [601] 602

Author Topic: Deviation-22. The End of All Things.  (Read 512417 times)

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
Re: Deviation-22, Ch. 3: Everything is About Control
« Reply #9000 on: November 18, 2014, 04:11:59 am »

Gruff demeanor. Must be how he copes with stress. Reasonable reaction for a minor overseer.

Thoughts jumped in intervals through Tyrin's mind, though they stabilized as he took steps towards his destination. He wished he could do more despite what good he saw he provided towards the people. War was the worst event he would've met in his life: he took a look at his hands and the image of a rifle in them, and took a deep breath to clear his thoughts. He would only wield and fire upon self-defense; he knew his ethics and morals, and wouldn't let them slip past his personal principles.

Appraising the situation, Tyrin wondered why there was argument from the very man who sent for him--presumably, a senior officer of the Unchained. He promised himself to find any sort of aid he could give for the colonists--collateral damage was the last of the affronts he would've liked to see in his life.

Nodding to himself, Tyrin made a plan.

Look around for any FAK's or any devices which I could covertly hand and quickly aid the colonists in the frontal area--or any way to aid them all in this case while making my way over to the window.

Once at the window, tap on it while giving Tuck a calm smile.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
« Reply #9001 on: November 18, 2014, 11:45:59 am »

"Ah, so now we're down to brass tacks. Why don't you and I walk off this way a bit and discuss this in private?" Dom gestured away from the group with her shotgun.

"I admit, Harlequin, I am curious to see what you think you have to bargain with," Polburn says. "Besides, while time is always precious, one can never take too long to get things right. One word of warning, Harlequin," the doctor adds, his voice still conversational, "I feel that disarming you would be tedious for the both of us, but I would advise against trying anything with that cannon. It would become very difficult to negotiate if both of your arms were broken." Polburn flashes you another false smile and beckons you forward, towards a door that should, according to you map, lead roughly to the security substation Fennec mentioned.
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #9002 on: November 18, 2014, 11:54:14 am »

Dom waited for Polburn to go first, then looked around the substation to make sure there weren't any surprises before following him in. "Before we talk about anything, I wanna know what you did to those guys to make them turn into drooling morons."

Alonso and Basilio follow, of course. Mind Bend Polburn into wanting to explain what he did to the soldiers.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2014, 12:25:21 am by SeriousConcentrate »
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #9003 on: November 19, 2014, 02:15:40 pm »

(Only now has it occurred to me that I don't even know if the door is locked. Oh well!)

Fr0stByt3

• Bay Watcher
  • Co-Creator of Woven Worlds Productions!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9004 on: March 09, 2015, 05:49:17 pm »

Hesitant bump?
Funding rebels because seriously, fuck those guys.
((They're basically the new Mongols.  I gotta say, I have a newfound respect for the Jamaican police force after playing this game.))

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #9005 on: March 09, 2015, 06:10:18 pm »

Draignean hasn't posted anything for a few months and hasn't responded to a PM or a steam message. Sucks, but I think he's done with this/B12. :-\
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #9006 on: March 10, 2015, 09:37:59 am »

That'd be a damn shame, it would. Not quite positive he's never going to update again, though. This has happened once before, to my recollection.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9007 on: March 23, 2015, 08:44:54 am »

More than once, to varying degrees. It's somehow possible that I can build up the same level of indomitable optimism every summer, convincing myself that fall semester won't step on optimism's neck and begins give it noogies while it begs for air. Of course, that does happen every year, and is liable to continue for one round more, and by the end of it Optimism is quite dead and Spring semester's attempt to provoke it by poking it with a pointy stick comes off more as a desperate attempt to gain attention rather than an actual annoyance- it is, after all, poking a dead body with a stick. Then spring break rolls in like a paramedic crew that lost their defibrillators and have since resorted to burying all their patients in the pet cemetery as a means of treatment, with the predictable results.

So, not dead. Overworked, underpaid, blah blah, I have a casserole in the oven, other excuses, not sure when I can get back to this. Seeing if I remember the passwords to the wikidot pages that have my crib notes will be a start. 

I am sorry.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2015, 08:46:41 am by Draignean »
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Deviation-22. The End of All Things.
« Reply #9008 on: March 28, 2015, 12:17:10 pm »

I've been looking over Deviation-22, and I believe that it's time that I put it to bed, more or less for good. This was my first RTD, and it means a lot to me, but it's time to stop putting makeup on its corpse and pretending that it's just pining for fjords.
Still, I did promise that I would see this story through, and I don't intend to break that promise. I just intend to fulfill it creatively. I'm going to convert the action-based game storyboard for D22 into a storyboard that I can use for NaNoWriMo (or just my own personal writing time), and go from there. All characters and villains that have been used thus, will be included. (Perhaps not all as major parts, but included)

Not perfect, but it's a way I can let this go with a modicum of grace.

I may, big emphasis on may, start another game in the FGARP section. Something different, more fluid, and less bound by needlessly complex rules. If you're interested, I'll send you a PM if I move on that front. I can't promise a preferential spot, but considering that I now choose my players based on blatant favoritism, the people I've worked/played with have good odds.

We had a good run. I have regrets, but I'm still proud to have played with all of you. It's been a pleasure and an honor.
---

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #9009 on: March 28, 2015, 12:20:19 pm »

* SC salutes. o7

It was a good run while it lasted, D. You already know I'm interested in anything you run (I think I actually have been in every game you've run so far now that I think about it).

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9010 on: March 28, 2015, 12:24:53 pm »

Yeah, sad to see it go. This game was fantastic and I'd say pretty much part of my formative years on the boards.

And you know I'm game for one of your games Draignean.
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #9011 on: March 28, 2015, 01:55:43 pm »

Ah! My fears of the game dying permanently just as I joined have proven entirely well-founded! How terrible.

Maybe it is for the best. Especially given that...

I may, big emphasis on may, start another game in the FGARP section. Something different, more fluid, and less bound by needlessly complex rules. If you're interested, I'll send you a PM if I move on that front. I can't promise a preferential spot, but considering that I now choose my players based on blatant favoritism, the people I've worked/played with have good odds.

... I am very interested indeed.

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #9012 on: March 28, 2015, 02:04:49 pm »

Ah, dang-- I was afraid this would happen.

At the least, it's good to see you back, and I'd definitely be interested in joining another game if it happened.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9013 on: March 28, 2015, 04:45:15 pm »

I never got to play, but it was joy watching it ride out.

Even though I never had a game as sophisticated or as long-lived in this one, I can relate to your feelings. The feelings of resurrecting something that is dying, the way school, work and the general circumstances of life get in the way, the realization that you just can't keep something up even though it's your creation you've kept chugging along for years and now you have to put it down. It's sad, quite sad. But good comes out of it too, a kind of satisfaction that you were able to do what you did as it stands in its ended form as a testament to you're accomplishments as a GM, the knowledge you gained, and sometimes even relief.

I'll keep an eye out for your new project. Good luck man.
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #9014 on: March 29, 2015, 07:18:36 am »

It was...absolutely brilliant playing like this. The flavor and setting was very immersing and...the interactions were awesome.
And I can -TOTALLY RELATE- to your feelings. :'(

I would love to see a remake-continuation once more. (Can anyone PM me if I miss it, considering my connection? :D )

I've been looking over Deviation-22, and I believe that it's time that I put it to bed, more or less for good. This was my first RTD, and it means a lot to me, but it's time to stop putting makeup on its corpse and pretending that it's just pining for fjords.
Still, I did promise that I would see this story through, and I don't intend to break that promise.
Spoiler: As a total aside (click to show/hide)
Pages: 1 ... 599 600 [601] 602