Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 574 575 [576] 577 578 ... 602

Author Topic: Deviation-22. The End of All Things.  (Read 526690 times)

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
Re: Deviation-22, Ch. 3: Killing brain cells and giving guns to Teenagers
« Reply #8625 on: February 16, 2014, 07:59:22 pm »

Alright, he was escaping from the bleakman, he might actually- ah. Ah. That was an awful lot of people with guns... James shifted his arm to let the Irin drop to the ground, and raised the arm not concerned with keeping Tarran situated. James couldn't tell whether they were Technocrats or Unchained. And, considering his current attire, the Unchained might not be a less deadly option.
"AH- er- not hostile! Not hostile! Oh Jesus Christ almighty help me."
Yeah, he really probably wasn't helping his case.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8626 on: February 17, 2014, 07:05:15 pm »

((My armor hasn't changed... And dammit, I didn't get the rifle I wanted! At least I got the reflex sight, new armor and weapons I wanted, so that's something, even if I am running low on ammo.

And damn, that is not a good situation to walk into Powder. And dressed like a technocrat too. Ouch.))

Anna glanced at the others and then back to the pleading technocrat.

"Oh really? Care to prove it?"

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #8627 on: February 17, 2014, 10:36:13 pm »

Tyrin blinked at the light-hearted tone of the man in the distance, and wondered why he was carrying one of his own.

He turned towards Evan (who is actually Damien! :O), gesturing towards the man in the distance. "Your friend?"

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
« Reply #8628 on: February 18, 2014, 02:50:31 am »

Tyrin blinked at the light-hearted tone of the man in the distance, and wondered why he was carrying one of his own.

He turned towards Evan (who is actually Damien! :O), gesturing towards the man in the distance. "Your friend?"

[James Luck 16][Wigs Observation 11] Wigs lowers his rifle by degrees when he gets a good look at James. "No," The kineticist says slowly, an unsure expression spreading across the battered man's face. "He's not the Technocrat's friend... I think he's mine. If that isn't James, I'd eat earth for a week. Problem is, I was sure he was dead. Killed at the prison long ago."
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8629 on: February 18, 2014, 06:53:46 am »

((Assuming I can recognize him...))
About to defend himself, James turns to Wigs as he speaks. And his eyes practically bug out of his head.
"Holy sh-pffpfppfp. Amos, is that you?!"

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8630 on: February 18, 2014, 10:46:51 am »

Wigs shrugs and lowers his weapon fully. "Yeah, unless I'm on a first name basis with random Technocrats, that's him. I'll vouch for him. He's the religious type, but I think that's the worst that can be said of him." Wigs turns back to James and raises his voice, "James, it's good to see you! Now hold still while we decide not to shoot you."
   "Odds of him being impersonated or tapped?" Feuer asks quietly.
   "Low," Wigs replies. "I knew him from before Mahdavi, and, as far as I know, he was never anything important, he just rubbed the Technocracy the wrong way and got pulled for deportation." The kineticist pauses. "Besides, he's got wounded and looks like he's going to fall over in a stiff breeze. He's not even oriented, he can't be any trouble."

[Anna P.Empathetics 1 (bonus negated)] Anna would disagree with that last statement. Not only does the stranger seem to have been oriented, but there are some very distinct Technocrat echoes coming off of him.

((And you thought I'd just name dropped all those years ago for no reason.))
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8631 on: February 18, 2014, 11:07:45 am »

Unable to hear the conversation, James continued to hold still.
"I'm Unchained. So," James said, pointing to his wounded comrade, "is he. His name's Tarran Smith, if any of you recognize it."

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8632 on: February 18, 2014, 11:16:40 am »

((Tarran Smith did help kill Hake back at the prison, plus he was pretty visible there. It's good odds (I.E, completely up to their discretion) if Tyrin and Anna want to know that name.))
---

Fr0stByt3

• Bay Watcher
  • Co-Creator of Woven Worlds Productions!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8633 on: February 18, 2014, 12:03:46 pm »

When Evan notices the newcomer, his laser rifle finds its way into his hands before he even has time to think. Within seconds, the weapon is armed and pointed at the stranger dressed in a bloody officer's uniform. "You there! Name, rank, and serial number! NOW!" Years and years of training can prove to be very hard to overcome, Evan notes to himself as the realization that he pulled out a weapon that he probably wasn't supposed to sinks in. For a split second, his eyes widen in surprise and then return to their normal size, betraying nothing of his surprise or nervousness.
Funding rebels because seriously, fuck those guys.
((They're basically the new Mongols.  I gotta say, I have a newfound respect for the Jamaican police force after playing this game.))

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8634 on: February 18, 2014, 04:27:29 pm »

In spite of all that was happening and that had happened, just one more gun didn't seem too intimidating to add to the mix.
"I've never been a part of the Technocrat military... and speaking of Technocrats, that doesn't sound very Unchained."

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8635 on: February 18, 2014, 09:12:02 pm »

Anna leans over to whisper to the Marshal. "Something's up with this James guy. He's giving me a weird vibe that has a technocrat feeling to it. He seems to be oriented, at first glance. Maybe one of us should take a look inside?"

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8636 on: February 19, 2014, 12:05:41 am »

When Evan notices the newcomer, his laser rifle finds its way into his hands before he even has time to think. Within seconds, the weapon is armed and pointed at the stranger dressed in a bloody officer's uniform. "You there! Name, rank, and serial number! NOW!" Years and years of training can prove to be very hard to overcome, Evan notes to himself as the realization that he pulled out a weapon that he probably wasn't supposed to sinks in. For a split second, his eyes widen in surprise and then return to their normal size, betraying nothing of his surprise or nervousness.

"Lower the weapon and shut up," Feuer growls at Damien. "Another outburst and I'll have you strip and give your armor to the captain faster than you can start stuffing your big girl bra with credit slips. I saw your face when you had to drop that rifle, so I'm pretty damn sure I'll get an excuse to kill you if I make you give up more. Do not tempt me."

Anna leans over to whisper to the Marshal. "Something's up with this James guy. He's giving me a weird vibe that has a technocrat feeling to it. He seems to be oriented, at first glance. Maybe one of us should take a look inside?"

"Agreed," The Marshal says with a brief nod. "Wigs, I acknowledge your recommendation, but under current circumstances I'm inclined to err on the side of caution and continued life. Any volunteers to do the delving? Besides Evan."
    Jeremiah, tired as he looks, nods. "I can get it. Should be a simple probe. I'm not the best empath, but I can get it if Captain Witheld has no objection."
    Feuer raises an eyebrow, likely at the fact that one of his men is looking for permission from another officer. "Well, Witheld? We don't have a lot of time here."
---

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8637 on: February 19, 2014, 12:15:01 am »

((Double post, but for a good cause.

You know what I just realized? The Armor page with all of the actual armor that the game uses now was pretty much an orphaned wiki page, and equipment page uses the outdated stuff. Problem fixed. I imagine that may have caused some confusion.))
---

Fr0stByt3

• Bay Watcher
  • Co-Creator of Woven Worlds Productions!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8638 on: February 19, 2014, 08:15:43 am »

Almost as soon as the words leave Feuer's lips, Evan's rifle is lowered and he stands straight, at attention, completely still. "Of course, sir. Sorry, sir." Don't move, don't resist, don't give them a reason to fight. Play the good little soldier for now. But one day, they'll pay. All of them. Evan's eyes narrow in a manner that is almost unnoticeable. They think they can just push me around and I'll never fight back? I. Am not. A. MACHINE.
Funding rebels because seriously, fuck those guys.
((They're basically the new Mongols.  I gotta say, I have a newfound respect for the Jamaican police force after playing this game.))

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8639 on: February 19, 2014, 11:30:37 am »

Anna gives the Evan a funny look for a few moments before nodding at Jeremiah.

"Go for it. We can't waste time here, not with what's coming right at us. Let's get it out of the way now so we can focus on more important things."
Pages: 1 ... 574 575 [576] 577 578 ... 602