Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 558 559 [560] 561 562 ... 602

Author Topic: Deviation-22. The End of All Things.  (Read 527533 times)

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
Re: Deviation-22, Ch. 2: Leaving ground.
« Reply #8385 on: November 02, 2013, 05:15:02 pm »

(James has a split personality thing going on. And he's not around anyway. :P)
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #8386 on: November 02, 2013, 09:20:54 pm »

((james is best dog guys))

Oh no. This... was bad. Either those blades hadn't been as effective as he thought they'd be, this guy had awesome armor, or he was great against psionics. The lack of much weaponry reinforced this fact, and tipped James off that this guy was probably psionic. That made the flying slicey blades plan a no-go. However... even if the guy was some sort of psionic, a shotgun blast really ought to do the trick, as well as hopefully making serious kinetics dangerous. And if he wouldn't be able to reach the man, he'd do something to the ground under him- after all, IT didn't have armor.
But in the case of empathetics, he'd be kind of screwed. Perhaps he could... warn the other-him? And maybe ask what that itch was? He didn't know, he could ask that later.
Try to warn Iscariot of possible incoming empathetic attack; run up as close to I can to this guy and shotgun him. If I am not able to, perform a slam on the ground under him with the goal of shifting the ground enough to knock him over.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
« Reply #8387 on: November 02, 2013, 11:00:49 pm »

run up as close to I can to this guy and shotgun him

(("A little more than a dozen feet" is spitting distance. I wouldn't even make you roll mobility to get into melee range at that distance.))
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8388 on: November 02, 2013, 11:08:19 pm »

((Given James' stats and preferances for combat, I'd say a good melee attack with your punch gun would work well for you. Failing that, shotgun to the face is good too.))

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8389 on: November 03, 2013, 12:01:10 am »

((He's got an unknown, likely psychic, defensive perk. I'm not going to initiate body contact with this dude.
Plus I really want to use that shotgun.))

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8390 on: November 03, 2013, 11:21:58 am »

((Dude, I think you're overreacting a bit. I think he's got something like I.S or maybe some kind of absorption thing. He DID take damage, but you just didn't do much with just one blade. With your melee, you have better odds of nailing a hit and doing more damage, especially with the punch gun. But for checking what kind of damage he can take, the shotgun seems like a good fallback to me.))

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile
« Reply #8391 on: November 03, 2013, 01:05:38 pm »

[May be that the shield is speed based, so while a bullet traveling faster than sound might be blocked, a still-quite-deadly swing of a melee weapon may not cause it to flare up.

'Course, I know very little about the situation but that's my 2-bits. If it is psionic based, it's probably either instinctual or conscious, in which case you can probably trick him into either wasting energy, or nailing him when he isn't expecting it.]

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8392 on: November 03, 2013, 01:07:39 pm »

((I JUST WANT TO USE THE SHOTGUN ALL MY LOGIC IS LIESSSS AAAAAAAAAAaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaAAAaAaA seriously though))

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #8393 on: November 03, 2013, 01:17:21 pm »

(Powder isn't endangering anyone but himself by doing what he wants, and for all we know the shotgun might be the better choice in the end.)
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8394 on: November 03, 2013, 11:04:22 pm »

((Yeah, but he should still be able to stick to his strengths, so stick to close range dude. Melee is your forte, but the shotgun works well too I bet.))

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile
« Reply #8395 on: November 03, 2013, 11:11:47 pm »

[Eh, I say he does as he wishes, I was just tossing my two cents out there.

Well, that and I'd call shotgun melee, but I understand I'm silly in that regard.]

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8396 on: November 03, 2013, 11:17:57 pm »

((Jeez, can't a guy get some shotgunning in without fifteen people dropping on him like a sack of hammers :p))

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #8397 on: November 03, 2013, 11:20:06 pm »

(I was on your side dude. :P)

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8398 on: November 03, 2013, 11:22:40 pm »

((Sorry, just trying to help. You're low on Stamina so your options are limited, so I just figure that you should stick to your strengths against this bad dude. Hopefully Tarran wakes up and can lend a hand.))

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #8399 on: November 05, 2013, 08:13:44 pm »

Shields up and running, and enemy fire able to graze the trench. I wonder who else is out there given the firefight ensuing right in front of me.

Tyrin mused on the notion of Technocrat forces flanking them. Nobody would try their back--or..as far as his intuition went, or would try the far end of the fence. The rubble would serve as good cover, he thought, relating to his experiences as a dealer in times gone past on how...security raids were planned out.

Try to move to the left of the ruined building and check for anyone on that side.

Pages: 1 ... 558 559 [560] 561 562 ... 602