Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 476 477 [478] 479 480 ... 602

Author Topic: Deviation-22. The End of All Things.  (Read 526126 times)

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile

Eesh. Welcome back.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile

DRAIGNEAN! ;-; I'm happy to see you back, dude. I'm glad you're feeling better.

Thanks man, I'm glad to be back. Getting back on B12 was my carrot for cleaning out and responding to my backlogged voicemail. I hate my phone.
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile

Dude, glad to see you back, but one should never eat food that is so rare that it's still twitching. Take it easy for awhile while your stomach sorts itself out.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Uh, well I got about half the turn written before I realized this, but Taric doesn't have an action yet. This is a sign of the apocalypse, I'm sure of it.

Well, at least the turn will be fairly quick to finish once Taricus arrives with an action.
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile

Funny, Taricus used to be one of the fastest posters for this thread. Now? This is the second time he's not posted.
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile

I'm not sure what to make of that. I told him there was a new turn up around the time it was posted and he said he was 'feeling lazy.' Hopefully he refutes my theory here but I'm starting to think he's not interested anymore... :-\
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile

Has taric even been on recently
You really can both sig it.
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Sorry about that guys, I just can't think of anything to post as an action so...  :-\

Autopilot me for a few turns, and we'll go from there...
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Ahra

• Bay Watcher
  • Immoveable, Indestuctible
    • View Profile

Sorry about that guys, I just can't think of anything to post as an action so...  :-\

... I think Cthulhu will call me soon, this is a sign that the end is nigh.
And then the horror hits: This was just spring.
We are SOooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo fucked.
Quite fucked indeed.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

No problem man, I'm sorry this has lost so much momentum in the past year.
---

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Not your fault Draig. I just can't see what Taric could do in this situation :-\
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile

Not your fault Draig. I just can't see what Taric could do in this situation :-\

Happens to all of us sometimes. You could always meet up with the rest of the team, that should take a turn at least.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Tarran Smith

"Agh... just a bit of pain Tarran. Get over it. It's only for a few seconds. So, does anyone have a plan yet?"

Your question falls on deaf ears, something that seems to happen all too often when anyone asks if anyone else has a plan. [intelligence 4] Dom is getting James under control, but that's just going to delay the inevitable. The Father wants you, or at least he wants one of you. Keeping James out of his hands only means that he's going to try another tack, a pattern that will probably continue until he gets what he wants.
    That thought alone makes you tired. Honestly, the chances of getting pulled into the lair of a tribe of affection starved space amazons had to be almost as good as those of being pulled into the lair of a homicidally insane AI that spent its time turning people into its personal slaves by strapping bio-suits onto them. But do you get amazons? Nooo.
     You rant internally for another couple seconds, blowing off steam before you return to serious matters. You're in hostile territory, you have no idea where you are in relation to anything else, no idea how many enemies are arrayed against you, and no idea where the objective is. The only thing you're sure of is that the enemy knows where you are, and as long as you keep tripping over every security flag you can find, he's going to keep knowing where you are.
    You have about a dozen half formed plans in your head, but right now they all point to certain death.

---

Dominique Wakeman

Dominique shut out the outside world to focus her entire being into getting a firm hold on James and hauling him back up to safety. His life depended on her now even more than it did a moment ago, and she wasn't going to let him - or the team - down.

James slips a bit further down in your grip, and you abruptly stop caring about whether you might be hurting him with your handiwork. Stretching a few of his tendons in funny ways was going to be a damn sight less damaging than letting him fall down an active shaft. [Luck 3] [Heavy Manipulation, 30, 4+1-2] (-30 stamina) You noose every available appendage and pull, overcoming the unusual "slippery" feeling by sheer numbers rather than finesse.
    You sweat for a couple of tense seconds, painstakingly bringing up Jame's actively uncooperative body a foot at a time. The instant Jame's body floats unsteadily into arms reach, you grab for him, just barely managing get your fingers into the neckline of his armor. By old-fashioned and reliable brute force you haul James back onto solid ground, panting victorious breaths as you check him over. He's alive, still completely out of it, but alive. His skin feels funny, and there's the glowing thing of course, but he seems to be fine.
    If the Immortals were still there to make rude and triumphant hand gestures at, you'd be making them.

---

Ashley Fey

Give the big girl a bit more time, then start the search for another way down

In complete contradiction of everything you know about physics, Dominique actually does manage to pull Evan's slumbering body out of the shaft. Her treatment of him is somewhat unceremonious, notably so in the way she dumps him on the floor after hauling him away from certain death, but her physical is thorough for layman's work.
    You send Jordan over to help with James while you take the moment to plan. The immediate danger is over, James is out of enemy hands, and the Father's aims have been frustrated- at least momentarily. The Father will try again, of that much you're sure, but you hope to be in the wind by then. [Int 1] Unfortunately, hope is as far as you get. You're completely certain you don't want to wait for the elevator to come back to this floor, but your mind momentarily draws a complete blank for other options.

---

Taric Sizier

Quote from: Forces beyond human understanding
Turn my laser back into a flashlight, then see about getting out of here.

In the dark, literally and figuratively, there isn't a lot that you can do to find the others- and using knee-dar isn't exactly appealing in this place. Still, although it may be blacker than Satan's own coffee right now, you can fix that.  You sit down on the floor of the tunnel, pulling out Frank and laying it on your lap. You did this once already, and while it might not have been quite so dark then, you are still confident that you can do this.  [Mechanical 5+1-2]
    By memory and touch alone you crack the laser focusing housing and start making changes, altering the beam focal point and tuning the power to non-incendiary levels.
    A few minutes and one small spark later, it's working as a flashlight again. You smile at the sharp green circle with smug pride. There were advantages to being a genius. Now, where would Dom have gone?
    You sweep the light over the cramped maintenance shaft, noting the wrecked iris, the near maintenance hatch that you didn't just emerge out of, and the drop shaft at the far end of the tunnel. [intuition 5] It doesn't take your level of intelligence to tell that she probably didn't start her search for Tarran in the drop shaft, and her climbing through the broken iris is only slightly more likely considering the presence of a more viable exit just yards away. You shrug once to nobody in particular and head out to the near room, Frank leading.

---

James Evan

James ran out towards the cell with the... thing and ushered the Blight towards it, luring the trooper out so when the trooper came in sight he could shoot the trooper in the face.

Spoiler: Initiative (click to show/hide)

While the technocrat figments are still occupied by the ferocity of your assault, you run, pulling Her back with you. You don't fancy getting pinned down like last time, and this way you can keep them off balance while they chase you. [Dex 3] You peel back to the room with the unformed figment less gracefully or quickly than you had intended, but more than fast enough to break the figment's line of fire before they can recover enough to shoot. 
   The cell is exactly as you left it, the unformed thing still simply standing and staring. It might not be the best companion, but with luck you'll be able to use to soak up some bullets.

She gets the idea halfway back to the cell, [Dex 1] and She's just a stride behind you when Her ankle twists under Her. She wobbles for a moment and almost catches her balance, but her broken momentum carries her awkwardly to the floor of the exposed hallway. She gets back up immediately, but it's going to be too late for her to get into the cell with you before the guards are in the corridor.

As if summoned by the thought, the trooper barges out of the security area and into the cell block rifle first. He spots Blight instantly and opens fire, [Quickshot 3] sending a bullet skinning across her back as she scrambles away. (Blight Health -25)

[Thug will 3-1] The thug fails to emerge behind the trooper, apparently more occupied with his numerous bleeding injuries than with killing you.

You take additional time to get into a firing position behind the legs of the unformed figment, setting your aim squarely in the doorway where the trooper will have to come through to get you. (Under cover, will be aimed in to the first target that comes through the doors.) Blight, meanwhile, manages to half sprint, half crawl, her way back into the cell. She might not have the time to set her sights like you have, but at least she is out of the line of fire.

---

Turn Recap
Taric is receiving missions from god
James is prepared to shoot a man in the face
Tarran is lamenting his lack of nuzzle deprived amazons
Dominique has landed a big one
Ash is thinkin' 'thangs

Jordan is Looking James over
Harry is resting

Other Events
The elevator has resumed movement
Tarran Will be encumbered as soon as the gravity goes back to earth normal
Tarran is Tired

Relevant Items
Memory Stick (Dom)
Broken Pad (Taric)
Ident Badge -Pyotr Ivanov- (Taric)
Ident Badge -Kira Masse- (Tarran)
Unpowered Pad (Tarran)

Spoiler: Enemies (James) (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: NPC (James) (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Ashley Fey (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Companions (Ashley) (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Dominique Wakeman (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Taric Sizier (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Tarran Smith (click to show/hide)

Spoiler:  James Evan (click to show/hide)

« Last Edit: July 11, 2012, 07:59:37 pm by Draignean »
---

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile

Dom grabbed the unattended rail gun and ammo for it, then made her way back to James. "Hey, boss. You got any ideas on how to get this dude on his feet again? If not, we'd better at least get him somewhere safe." She nodded to Ash and her crew; she hadn't said anything to them earlier because of the James situation, but now she had a spare moment.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile

"Why are you asking me? I'm not a medic. I don't know why he's acting like this, he wasn't knocked out or anything. He just... fell asleep suddenly."
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.
Pages: 1 ... 476 477 [478] 479 480 ... 602