Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 472 473 [474] 475 476 ... 602

Author Topic: Deviation-22. The End of All Things.  (Read 526210 times)

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

It is a Heroic Gambit! Most Heroic Gambits are really bad ideas, that's why we call them Heroic.
I think someone once said that the difference between the heroes and the common idiots is that the heroes were remembered for their idiocy.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile

"Thanks Harry, here" Pass Harry an energy cell "Ok, the elevator is stopped, but I do not relish the idea of jumping down there, does anyone have any ideas?, we need to be quick"
You really can both sig it.
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile

I apologize for the delay, got caught up in an good Sci-Fi novel (David Brin's Startide Rising, if you have an interest.) for a few days. Add that to the discovery of some long lost industrial punk music, and you can see how my free time has been suffering from some rather sever anemia.

Fiddling with something serious suggested for psionics, but it's confusing the living hell out of me.

Working on the turn
Watching darkness, seeing light
Someone rolls a six

I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile

I apologize for the delay,
Well, I can't honestly complain or I would be a hypocrite...

Fiddling with something serious suggested for psionics, but it's confusing the living hell out of me.
DAMN YOU SERIOUS, DAMN YOU! YOU CONFUSED DRAIGNEAN! NOW THE NINJABABIES WILL NEVER COME!

Watching darkness, seeing light
That sounds like a bad thing. Like, either your mind is going on the fritz, God is fiddling with your vision, or someone's going to shoot you in three seconds.

Someone rolls a six
Generic Unchained #1257 I bet.
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

That sounds like a bad thing. Like, either your mind is going on the fritz, God is fiddling with your vision, or someone's going to shoot you in three seconds.

You can't take Haiku literally, you must search for the threefold meaning. (Not that I have the skill to impart the threefold meaning intentionally)

Generic Unchained #1257 I bet.

Believe it or not, I don't actually roll for the rest of the universe and store it in a hidden abbr tag. All your countless hours spent mousing over random screen objects have been wasted. You'd have to click on just the right pixel at just the right time to see the easter egg rolls.

I also just realized that it's 3AM. I WILL NOT BE HELD ACCOUNTABLE FOR THE QUALITY OF THIS TURN! Any questions or complaints must be addressed to my misanthropic agent. Any lawsuits for bodily injured suffered from consulting my agent should first be brought before my agent for validation against my status of sovereign immunity.
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile

Go Draignean, go!  :D

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Tarran Smith

Sit around and regenerate silently. Silently enough that nobody will even notice that I'm still there.

You recline against the cold wall of the corridor. [Stam 3]  Walls, however, are not famous for their relaxing properties, particularly not when combined with your adrenaline tensed muscles. (9+3/5 = +3 HP regenerated) You feel better for the opportunity to rest a moment, almost achieving a mild sense of inner calm.
   Well, relative inner calm. You aren't feeling actively homicidal anymore.

---

Dominique Wakeman

Hmm. Cab's 5000 pounds, huh? Guess I'll change my action, then, and strikethrough the previous.

"So they went down that elevator shaft, huh? What's stopping us from following them?" Dom approached the open doors and looked down to see if she could safely jump down, taking into account she could try to soften her fall again with kinetics like she did during the previous base assault.

You cavalierly ask the assembled fighters what's stopping them from following the elevator. The answer, namely the fatal fall with no handholds to speak of, is obvious. Doesn't stop it from being fun to ask.
     [Observation 3] The elevator had some serious speed to it before Harry was able to stop it... You're not great at the whole depth perception thing, at least not without light, but you'd guess it's between forty and sixty feet down. That distance could easily do more than break bones, and your psionics are mostly for beating the shit out of people. You've never tried to repel with them, and the time you jumped back at the prison... that was instinct, not skill. You have no idea whether it would happen again or not.
   You'd give yourself better than even odds, though that's largely intuition. Intentionally falling off tall objects is not something you've practiced.

---

Ashley Fey

"Thanks Harry, here" Pass Harry an energy cell "Ok, the elevator is stopped, but I do not relish the idea of jumping down there, does anyone have any ideas?, we need to be quick"

Harry accepts the offered cell, locking it in to a charging port immediately. The power of burst need to do what he did was draining, and he'd been running around with an active shield besides. Power outage in this kind of place was a danger, it'd be less so when they got to a fully powered region, but it was still something to avoid at all costs.
   Dominique offers her idea in the form of a question, peering down the blank shaft and appearing to actually contemplate jumping. You've heard better ideas.
   Harry taps his fingers against his thigh plate as he thinks. "Grenade from above has too little chance of working, unless the maintenance hatch was open. If we could get the hatch open and get a grenade in there, it would tear everything inside a new one, and that's a conservative estimate. We don't have any rope, so climbing down there is the next best thing to impossible, even with our blades as climbing hooks. We can't get down there, short of attempting to charge a rail and riding its pulse down. Or pancaking."
   "If we knew where they were going we could take the other elevator, try and cut them off," Jordan adds, looking at sideways at Dominique with morbid humor. "That's assuming that action girl can't just jump down and punch them out herself, or just throw us down there with her mind." Jordan pauses for a moment, his expression surprised at his own sarcastic idea. "She can't actually do that, can she?"

---

Taric Sizier

Start getting to work sorting the inventories out...

There's no time like the present to get working. [Mech 6+1-1] The list flies together with blinding speed as you start linking the system notation index with the point-of-origin files. It isn't easy work, but it is rhythmic and soothing in its difficulty. The damaged screen is a hindrance, but not unduly so. You're well used to working with interfaces that are at varying levels of sophistication and repair.
    After a few minutes you pause to admire your work. The list is now almost completely linked to the reference system, adding the prefix "inv;" before your search command should now automatically scan the, admittedly outdated, list for the requested information.
   Still, a map would be useful, even a minimalist one. [Mech 4+1-1] You pore through the partially cannibalized reference index, attempting to find something to service your ambition. This terminal, however, was not meant to be user friendly and helpful. It was meant to be used by someone who already knew what they were doing in order to store a seemingly endless series of reports, notes, and status updates. The closest thing you find to a map is a floor list, with each floor assigned a brief description and a few tags.

Spoiler: Facility Basic Floors (click to show/hide)

---

James Evan

James whispered "I don't know if they're empty.", carefully attempting to open a cell with his gun at the ready.

You sidle carefully up to the nearest cell, keeping your pistol ready as you prepare to open the door. This place was designed to torture you, to break you down. The Technocrat's could've put anything behind this door, an insane friend who you'd have to kill to survive, or an ally that would be killed before your eyes just to heighten the torment.
  Hell take it all, either way it's just going to be another figment on the other side of this door. [Luck 4] The metal door slides softly at your touch, odd by itself considering that this is a holding facility, and you slide enough of your body around the cover of the wall to look inside and point a gun at the occupant.
   It is standing up in the middle of the room, showing all the life of a holo-sculpture as it stares straight ahead. Your mind plays tricks on you as you attempt to tell what they look like, your eyes just sliding off of them in a profoundly unsettling way. The person -he or she is impossible to determine- is utterly generic. Occasionally you think it might look like someone, and for a moment the shape almost assumes their features, then the sense of likeness fades and the shape goes back to being a placeholder.
    [Intuition 4+1] You never encountered this figment before, you realize in a flash of insight, that's why it isn't set to be anything. Everything is reacting just like it did the first time, the Technocrats who came to get you were just running off the commands they were given last time. The Technocrat who'd been torturing you had been controlling the dream, now... there was no one at the controls, nobody to improvise if he strayed from the beaten path.
    "Hey!" Her voice is a sudden shock to your musings, unexpected and loud from over your shoulder.
    Surprisingly, the blank figment responds. Its head turns to face Her, staring at her completely impassively.
    "Ookay. That's creepy."
    It takes you a minute to realize you can't tell whether it was you or your femme fatale who spoke.

---

Turn Recap
Taric is succeeding.
James is finding... a curious nothing
Tarran is Recuperating
Dominique contemplating a heroic gambit
Ash is supplying Harry

Jordan is curious
Harry is Jacking in

Other Events
The elevator is stopped, it will resume moving in 2 turns
Tarran Will be encumbered as soon as the gravity goes back to earth normal

Relevant Items
Memory Stick (Dom)
Broken Pad (Taric)
Ident Badge -Pyotr Ivanov- (Taric)
Ident Badge -Kira Masse- (Tarran)
Unpowered Pad (Tarran)

Spoiler: NPC (James) (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Ashley Fey (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Companions (Ashley) (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Dominique Wakeman (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Taric Sizier (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Tarran Smith (click to show/hide)

Spoiler:  James Evan (click to show/hide)

---

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Right, not posting an action until I get some sleep. However, I'm going to suggest a list of floors for us to visit:

We'll most likely be able to scrounge up better equipment from those locations. Floor eleven is also an option, abiet a risky one.
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Right, not posting an action until I get some sleep. However, I'm going to suggest a list of floors for us to visit:

We'll most likely be able to scrounge up better equipment from those locations. Floor eleven is also an option, abiet a risky one.
Screw that, let's go to Fine Dining first. Who knows how hungry our characters are, let alone the awesome stuff we could find to eat in there?

...After that, we can go where you suggest. Though maybe we should go to all the research labs just to see what we can find.

Also, we should AVOID THE HOTLABS unless we are seriously confident or we want to get horribly murdered by anything from radioactive crap to infective crap.

"Wait, did... you just say 'grenade'? As in, throwing a grenade into the elevator while James is still in there? Are you serious?"

Regen because honestly my character is not a scientist or engineer and neither am I and I still don't have much health to troll Immortals.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2012, 04:33:59 am by Tarran »
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile

Dom did some quick calculations. "All right, I'm carrying about one fifty pounds of equipment, and last I weighed I was like one ten or something... That heavy door I moved has gotta weigh more than that..." She attempted to pick herself up with her telekinetic powers, and if she was able, practiced moving herself about before risking trying to lower herself down the shaft.

(20 Stamina to move 300 pounds; should be enough for what I'm attempting, I think. ^^^)
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Tarran, there's likely no "Fine Dining" food left to eat here. All just MREs now :P

Filter though the gathered information for armoury stocks, projects in the engineering labs and anything in field storage. Along with the stocks in the level 4 storage facilities.
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile

James backed out and closed the door (but after the Blight got out). "Right, there's noone controlling the dream anymore. Let's just bait them out already, I want to see what's beyond this room."

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile

"Can you freaky telepaths get down there safely or at least open the hatch remotely? Him being dead has got to be better than him having one of those suits put on him"
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"'Freaky telepaths'? You're not much of one to talk, freaky cyborg.

And I'd rather not kill him before we're definitely sure he's doomed. You know, because we're talking about the life of a man here."

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile

"You find a way to get me where he is going and I will stop them I swear, can you do that?"
Pages: 1 ... 472 473 [474] 475 476 ... 602