Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 454 455 [456] 457 458 ... 602

Author Topic: Deviation-22. The End of All Things.  (Read 526852 times)

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Deviation-22, Ch. 2 Friendly fire is a misnomer.
« Reply #6825 on: March 23, 2012, 06:29:47 pm »

Well, it could just be metally storing the locations away. And yeah, looking for the inventory lists of the facility. Can't find that power armour if I don't know if they have an intact suit :P
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #6826 on: March 23, 2012, 06:37:00 pm »

James paused. "Wait, what was he doing?" he asked.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #6827 on: March 23, 2012, 06:37:37 pm »

(I'm going to play it like Dom doesn't hear Taric because I looked at those lists and I don't understand how they could be helpful, and since Dom's supposed to be not overly bright if I don't understand it she sure as hell won't and there's no need to waste my turn going over there to confirm that. XP)

Dom searches the room for anything that could be of use, then takes down all the sheets of the report and brings them to Taric.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6828 on: March 23, 2012, 07:15:11 pm »

What the heck, why didn't I shoot this turn? I did say "Pop the first one who regains it's senses." :-\
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
« Reply #6829 on: March 23, 2012, 07:17:09 pm »

What the heck, why didn't I shoot this turn? I did say "Pop the first one who regains it's senses." :-\

You also said aim in the bold action part of your text, the two are mutually exclusive. I picked the action that made the most sense.
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6830 on: March 23, 2012, 07:19:46 pm »

By "aim" I meant "point the gun in their direction", not "breath slowly and aim at a guy". I thought it wouldn't count as an action, just a "keep gun pointed in their direction".
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6831 on: March 23, 2012, 07:29:22 pm »

Then put it in the flavor text that your action had, not in the bold. I will naturally assume you want to point your weapon in the vague direction of your target if you're trying to shoot them, whether you want to make an aimed shot or an off-the-hip one is the difficulty. Your action said aim, you were carrying a scoped Anti-material rifle, you aimed.

I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6832 on: March 23, 2012, 07:38:11 pm »

You really should use a different word for aiming. As it stands, if someone goes "Aim at X and fire" they will obviously expect to fire in the turn and will not count aim as an action. Just like my action.

Also, I did not define a target, except in the 'pop the first one that gets up'. Meaning, even if you picked the one that made 'the most sense' you would have no single target.

Whatever.

Shoot my gun.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6833 on: March 23, 2012, 07:43:55 pm »

Also, I did not define a target, except in the 'pop the first one that gets up'. Meaning, even if you picked the one that made 'the most sense' you would have no single target.

You defined your target as the first one to get up, you are aimed in on that target. I cannot read your mind through the computer screen.

You really should use a different word for aiming. As it stands, if someone goes "Aim at X and fire" they will obviously expect to fire in the turn and will not count aim as an action. Just like my action.

For Four-hundred and fifty pages this has managed to go without confusion. Perhaps you should be more careful when writing your actions.
---

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #6834 on: March 23, 2012, 07:55:18 pm »

I'm with Draignean here; we've always used 'aim' to mean 'aim' and 'shoot at' to mean 'quickfire.'
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6835 on: March 23, 2012, 07:56:06 pm »

You defined your target as the first one to get up, you are aimed in on that target. I cannot read your mind through the computer screen.
I think you misunderstood me. Let me rephrase.

You said:
I picked the action that made the most sense.
My action said:
Aim my Ichneumon at the Immortals. Pop the first one who regains it's senses.
So, if you only took one action, you would only take this half:
Aim my Ichneumon at the Immortals.
Thus, you would have no singular target.

But you acted as if you had included part of this half:
Pop the first one who regains it's senses.
Since you said I aimed at the first one that got up.

So in reality, you took more than one action.

For Four-hundred and fifty pages this has managed to go without confusion. Perhaps you should be more careful when writing your actions.
Well, I didn't expect a common word used in a vague manner to be interpreted the specific way you interpreted it.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6836 on: March 23, 2012, 08:07:58 pm »

I think you misunderstood me. Let me rephrase.

You said:
I picked the action that made the most sense.
My action said:
Aim my Ichneumon at the Immortals. Pop the first one who regains it's senses.
So, if you only took one action, you would only take this half:
Aim my Ichneumon at the Immortals.
Thus, you would have no singular target.

But you acted as if you had included part of this half:
Pop the first one who regains it's senses.
Since you said I aimed at the first one that got up.

So in reality, you took more than one action.

Yes. I am the GM. It is my duty to take whatever you write and turn it into some kind of action, that means interpreting. The action is your turn, no matter how many sentences you write.

I read your action, try to understand what you were thinking at the time, and write the action. I took as much as I could from your post, that is my job.
---

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6837 on: March 23, 2012, 08:11:24 pm »

The action is your turn, no matter how many sentences you write.
Then how could my turn have two actions, like you said?

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6838 on: March 23, 2012, 08:18:35 pm »

The action is your turn, no matter how many sentences you write.
Then how could my turn have two actions, like you said?

Your turn does not have two actions, your post has two actions.

Action 1. Fire

Action 2. Aim

These actions cannot take place at the same time. Thus I must find a way to take as much of the post as possible without obviating your options.

If you fire you will be able to aim next round, and will not be able to take an aimed shot until the turn after next.
If you aim then you will be able to fire the next turn.

And so if I pick fire I would be screwing you over more (if you wanted to aim) than if you had wanted to fire and I had you aim.
---

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #6839 on: March 24, 2012, 01:33:30 am »

"Bleed Mindless Servants!"

Show an Immortal my stabs, Harry does the same
You really can both sig it.
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!
Pages: 1 ... 454 455 [456] 457 458 ... 602