Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 452 453 [454] 455 456 ... 602

Author Topic: Deviation-22. The End of All Things.  (Read 526899 times)

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
Re: Deviation-22, Ch. 2 Friendly fire is a misnomer.
« Reply #6795 on: March 21, 2012, 10:09:50 am »

(Sorry 'bout that. I did not know much about how these were done. And thank you kindly for that  :)))

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
« Reply #6796 on: March 22, 2012, 03:20:33 pm »

Well I may run the turn later today, sooner and more definitely if Powder clarifies his action. In the meantime I've been tackling a couple of quandaries that I was planning to work out in the update. Most notably the problems of armor in the current version (I swear, every time I upgrade the mechanics, armor changes somehow.) wherein the user will simply doff his armor for the next set with a higher current armor value.

Solution: The exact same thing I did with the guns. No more little armor, medium armor, big armor. Now featuring suits of named armor, just like the guns.

(You will be able to exchange your current armor for one that you would have come across prior to this when the update rolls around.)

I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

Ahra

• Bay Watcher
  • Immoveable, Indestuctible
    • View Profile
« Reply #6797 on: March 22, 2012, 04:09:25 pm »

... someone should seriously make some kind of book out of this, this thing is freaking Gold.
And then the horror hits: This was just spring.
We are SOooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo fucked.
Quite fucked indeed.

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #6798 on: March 22, 2012, 05:25:19 pm »

1. OK I'll do it there.
2. I never said it would succeed. It's just James getting desperate and trying to will it to be that way.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6799 on: March 22, 2012, 05:46:54 pm »

1. OK I'll do it there.
2. I never said it would succeed. It's just James getting desperate and trying to will it to be that way.

Okay... Getting back and willing it away again.

You might want to consider working a few things out in your head about the fungus, it might increase you efficacy later. In the way that not being dead makes you more efficient.
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6800 on: March 22, 2012, 07:00:52 pm »

Not willing away, attempting to will away its ability to do stuff.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6801 on: March 22, 2012, 07:42:13 pm »

Not willing away, attempting to will away its ability to do stuff.

Same difference if you don't know what you're trying to accomplish.
---

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6802 on: March 22, 2012, 07:44:09 pm »

Yeah OK whatever.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6803 on: March 22, 2012, 09:28:19 pm »

Well think about it, your not a psychic until recently, and you have never been in these circumstances before. Logically, you probably won't know where to even start, despite it being your head.

Perhaps you should find someone who has more experience in this kind of thing?

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6804 on: March 22, 2012, 09:51:55 pm »

Problem: He's kinda busy not getting his mind screwed over 100%.
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6805 on: March 22, 2012, 09:59:56 pm »

I know I have no chance. I just don't care Although the Blight should help.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6806 on: March 22, 2012, 10:04:41 pm »

Problem: He's kinda busy not getting his mind screwed over 100%.

Hence why he needs help! And of course you have a chance, this is a RTD after all! You always have at least a chance. The trick to to put the dice in your favor by getting bonuses to whatever it is your doing. Maybe that other you might know how your mind works? She is after all a construct of your mind.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6807 on: March 22, 2012, 10:52:50 pm »

Yeah OK whatever.

I sense irritation in the force...

Let me put it another way. Blight you can hurt, push out of the way, even shape by sheer willpower. It's one of the reason she doesn't get bonuses against your diplomacy checks despite the fact that she's got a decently high will, you WANT her to go along with what you're saying and therefore she is more likely to go along with it.

You=Blight, Blight=You. Thus anything that can affect you can and must effect blight in equal measure, because you are both products of the same mind. Your will is effective when it is focused on something that can be changed by sheer willpower, like your own mind. Even more so when aided by empathetics.

Sample 18 is a very real fungus which is in your very real head. Willing at it is not going to make any difference, because, let's face it, it is a fungus. It has no conception of willpower, all it knows is food and its own crude system of hijacking neurons.
So in short, the only thing your brain has the power to change on will alone are things that are part of itself. The fungus, not being a part of you, cannot be directly affected by a simple act of will.

Now, I'd hoped you (or someone helpful) would think of this sooner, but I'm going to give you a hint.

How was your fungus controlled in the first place, at the very beginning of your introduction?

To be entirely honest I've written the turns for everyone but Taric and you, and I'm mostly done with Taric's, but I'm going to give you a bit more time. Just in case inspiration were to strike.

(That and I feel like hell. I'm not entirely altruistic here.)
---

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6808 on: March 22, 2012, 10:56:54 pm »

Hence why he needs help!
How is he going to get out of his mind for starters, avoid getting blasted by the Immortals, and get help fast enough from Dom or Taric (because I doubt I could help) before the fungus or something else drives him crazy?
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6809 on: March 22, 2012, 10:59:16 pm »

James changed the are of his mind extremely quickly. It had worked last time crap happened to his brain, so...

I don't KNOW ARGLEBLARGLE

wait
Hahaha I'm going to die
« Last Edit: March 22, 2012, 11:03:09 pm by Powder Miner »
Pages: 1 ... 452 453 [454] 455 456 ... 602