Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 428 429 [430] 431 432 ... 602

Author Topic: Deviation-22. The End of All Things.  (Read 528081 times)

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
Re: Deviation-22, Ch. 2 Politics and war shall make strange bedfellows.
« Reply #6435 on: January 08, 2012, 01:11:47 am »

Well, if Drag never comes back, here's a possible ending:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #6436 on: January 08, 2012, 01:18:43 am »

I'm not a fan of downer endings. :P
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6437 on: January 08, 2012, 01:22:25 am »

Fine. Then everyone, what kind of thing would you or your character want?
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #6438 on: January 08, 2012, 02:12:59 am »

Uh, hmm. I guess I'd go the route of, after the team clears this installation, Dominique finds some intel that her husband was indeed shipped to Eridani under suspicion he was a Dev-22 as well. She goes to rescue him, but finds that he's been dead for several weeks and is at a loss; she had thought he was dead a long time ago, but finding info on him had raised her hopes and now those are crushed. Eventually Tarran and Cane manage to help her out of her depression (Taric literally can't due to his perk, James is too crazy to notice, and I dunno if Ashley & co. would try or not) and she resumes her duties as the Team Mom... until the team is in some serious trouble during the final mission to liberate Eridani. With only one option left, she gives the team time to complete their objective and escape as she holds the line with dwindling ammo reserves. As they evacuate, she closes off every escape route from the base, locking herself in with the remnants of the Technocracy armies as a self destruct mechanism counts down...

After that, who knows? Maybe she survives the Bolivian Army Ending, this IS Dom we're talking about. But I think that's how she would want to go out: in a massive brawl, ensuring her friends make it out alive.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #6439 on: January 08, 2012, 12:14:08 pm »

Ooh, I hope nothing happened to him. It could be a winter vacation or something...

Ahra

• Bay Watcher
  • Immoveable, Indestuctible
    • View Profile
« Reply #6440 on: January 08, 2012, 02:08:13 pm »

then i envy your american long vacations.
And then the horror hits: This was just spring.
We are SOooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo fucked.
Quite fucked indeed.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6441 on: January 08, 2012, 02:50:52 pm »

Ooh, I hope nothing happened to him. It could be a winter vacation or something...
I don't think he mentioned any vacation. He left abruptly.

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6442 on: January 08, 2012, 05:55:48 pm »

D:
I was trying to be optimistic.

Might just have quit the forums. It happens sometimes. Like the forum that I ended up learning about Dwarf Fortress from I lost interest in and I've faded away from.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2012, 06:29:22 pm by Powder Miner »

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #6443 on: January 09, 2012, 09:36:40 pm »

D:
I was trying to be optimistic.

Might just have quit the forums. It happens sometimes. Like the forum that I ended up learning about Dwarf Fortress from I lost interest in and I've faded away from.

I don't think Draignean's the kind of guy who would just disappear without at least letting us know, first. The fan base for D-22 is small but very enthusiastic; if it was to end prematurely, I'm sure he'd post something about it, or at least PM us... assuming it's within his power to do so. :\

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6444 on: January 09, 2012, 09:59:52 pm »

Erk...
OK then...
I hope he's alright....

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6445 on: January 09, 2012, 10:02:31 pm »

Yeah, Drag is very dedicated to this RTD. He would let us know if it's going to die or if he had to leave it.

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #6446 on: January 10, 2012, 05:02:52 pm »

I highly doubt he would just leave on us without saying anything.
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
« Reply #6447 on: January 12, 2012, 10:21:32 am »

I highly doubt he would just leave on us without saying anything.

No I wouldn't, not without a good reason.

Sorry guys, my little modem pulled a dead but dreaming the day after christmas. Dead but dreaming meaning that it is for all intents and purposes as useful as yak vomit. But I can't get a warrantee replacement. Had to wait for spring semester to start before I could renew my student ID and acess the internet again.

I'll have the money together for a new modem together in a few days, but until then I won't be able to log on for long at all.

I'm not dead, I have not abandoned, I will return in full force as soon as financial/warrantee difficulties are surmounted.
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #6448 on: January 12, 2012, 11:22:01 am »

Dude, don't even worry about that. I'm just happy to see you're back and the trouble was (relatively) minor. ^^^

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6449 on: January 12, 2012, 01:03:38 pm »

IT LIVES. IT LIVES. I had thought you were gone forever man!

Well, I'll avoid booting you off the dragon RTD for now then. Unless you don't want to play it anymore.
Pages: 1 ... 428 429 [430] 431 432 ... 602