Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 407 408 [409] 410 411 ... 602

Author Topic: Deviation-22. The End of All Things.  (Read 528841 times)

Ahra

• Bay Watcher
  • Immoveable, Indestuctible
    • View Profile
Re: Deviation-22, Ch. 2 Politics and war shall make strange bedfellows.
« Reply #6120 on: November 02, 2011, 07:12:03 am »

dude, soon you will find out your damn cancer have an personality  :P

on another note this would be an awesome book.
And then the horror hits: This was just spring.
We are SOooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo fucked.
Quite fucked indeed.

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #6121 on: November 03, 2011, 09:57:07 pm »

Obligatory bump >.> <.<

I SHALL NOT LET YOU OVERTHROW ME AS BUMPER!!!!!

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
« Reply #6122 on: November 04, 2011, 01:05:52 pm »

Obligatory bump >.> <.<

I SHALL NOT LET YOU OVERTHROW ME AS BUMPER!!!!!

Don't worry, I'm on it. Needed internet access and timeblock of sufficient size.

I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6123 on: November 04, 2011, 02:54:48 pm »

Tarran Smith

"Someone, be ready to grab me if I get shot. I'll see if they're lying bastards or not, by the most obvious way possible: moving across the sniper's line of sight. Be ready to grab me because I don't plan on dying. At least not for... oh, an hour or so."

Sprint across the hall back-and-fourth once, then merely run across the hall next time, then return to Ashley's group with a walk.

You decide to check whether the snipers are still firing in the silliest manner possible, jumping directly into their line of fire.
Despite providing a target that most people would have a difficult time resisting no bullets fly past or through you the first time, the second time, or even the third time you dash back across the corridor. Short of dancing the Macarena in the middle of the hall you can't think of a better way to determine whether they're going to shoot you or not. Unless of course they want to trap you midway through the corridor and butcher you when you don't have any cover.

Well there's a morbid thought.

That thought however is interrupted however when you catch a glimpse of James on your trip back to Ashley. He looks surprisingly murderous for a person whose expressions thus far wouldn't have been out of place on a golden retriever. Before you can ask him what's up however he drops to his knees, clutching his skull in both hands. Damnit, not again.

----

Ashley Fey

"Keep up the good work doc" Ashley is ready in case of the other side being treacherous

You keep a ready stance while Tarran tests whether the snipers are going to hold their fire or not, and even after he's passed through twice without incident you don't let your focus waver. As Tarran walks back however it would seem that the "Father" is genuine about his claim of truce, for now at least. That creature was one to break a promise whenever it had the greatest advantage, not simply because it could. It moved for advantage, the question was what advantage did it want this time?

Of course in the same vein there was the question of whether or not Tarran's team could be allowed to give it the advantage it sought.

---

Jordan Grey, Harry Nakamuno

[Jordan Int 2+1, Dex 4+1, Fight 3+1, Luck 2+1 Treatment 26/20] (Harry Health +10) Jordan closes the worst of the injuries, removing the shrapnel and staunching the bleeding before applying heavy pads to sit under the armor and protect the wound for chafing more than is unavoidable. Harry tests the bandaging and stretches experimentally before slipping back into his armor carefully. People keep getting shot like this and they're going to be stich than flesh.

---

Taric Sizier

"Guess where the fear eminated from. You go talk to him, I'll look around for a bit."

Explore the immediate area a bit more closely.

After she nearly got her eyebrows fried off you tell Dominique to go talk to whoever just shot at her while you look around. This is not received terribly well, particularly considering the fact that "looking around" is clearly impossible given the fact that you're blind as a bin full of dead cavefish right now. Instead you set about reconfiguring your modified laser rifle back into light source so you have something to look around with. [Mechanics 2+1-2, Dark] You fiddle with the laser barrel in the dark but you mad skills continue to abandon you. Other than crossing a pair of wires and depleting what charge was left in the rifle you're unable to make any progress on the problem.

---

Dominique Wakeman

Dom frowned at Taric. "Nice to see you take me getting almost shot in the face so lightly," she said sourly. I can't let that bastard keep his gun. She reached out with her mind to where she had seen him and focused on his gun. She could probably rip it away pretty easily. Once she did that, she'd grab him, drag him out, and make him pay for even daring to take a shot at her.

Taric may be able to take your near death experience in stride but you can't let that kind of thing slide. You duck your head back into the maintenance shaft, noting the surprisingly acrid air that the weapon left in its wake while you get a fix on the guy's gun. [Heavy manipulation, 150, 4+1-1] (-10 Stamina) To his surprise and your satisfaction the short barreled cannon flies out of his hands and clatters in the other end of the maintenance tunnel.

He squeaks inarticulately.

Grimacing at the stench you lower yourself into the maintenance level and walk the three short strides to grab the terrified man by his collar and drag him back with you. [Str 2+1+1 Vs Str 2-1] You're not unnecessarily rough with him but he barely makes any resistance as you drag him bodily back out of the shaft and back up into the room with Taric.

Once out of the pit you grab him firmly by his lapels and shake him vigorously. "Who the hell do you think you're shooting at!" You yell at point blank range. Then the terrified man does something unexpected.

He starts crying and hugging you.
You're no longer entirely sure how to respond.

---

James Evan

Fine, do that and try to pull her in to talk, if even just for a moment.

You're running out of ideas and options, whatever you're going to do you'd wager that you got less than a minute before she starts raising hell in your body. If anything happens you may have a devil of a time explaining how bad you managed to possess good you and stick you with neutral you so that good you couldn't fight bad you. Jesus, it's enough to give you a headache just thinking about it. [Intuition 4]

Wait, headache? That might just work...

"Wait a moment," you say to your bleeding double as you start working out the logistics of your plan "when you warned me about the brain fungus, how did you get me down here?"
   He blinks once in surprise and the concentrates as if trying to remember some obscure fact. "Neural crossovers, made you interpret muscle commands as intense pain. It builds on itself as the body starts to shake, eventual-"
   You interrupt the neuro-science educational special, you don't have time to know why it works. "Can you do it again?"
   "Maybe... Need you to do the heavy lifting though."
   "Fine, just tell me what to do."

Struggling out of his chair your double concentrates for a moment as he draws a pair of increasingly long wires out of literally nowhere. "I'm going to direct, all you have to do is press the wires together. You'll be providing the will behind the splice so whatever you do don't let go."
   "That's it?"
   "Well, you'll be in as much agony as she is during this process. You just need to hold on until your body starts shutting down systems in order to protect itself." He shrugs and then winces as the motion tears one of the rents in his flesh back open.
   "Oh."
   "Ready?"
   You nod. Just hang on, that's all you have to do. You grab a wire firmly in either hand, take a deep breath, and Jam them together.

[End 3,6,5,2,4 = 20 Vs Will 1,2,2+1,3+1 = 10] Pain and light fill the room, leaving you clutching a pair of wires that burn into your flesh like brands. The assault however catches Her offguard, shock, alarm, and frustration filter dimly down as the architecture of the memory you're inhabiting begins to crack under pressure. Your own will resolves as she begins to give, making you bare your teeth in pain and defiance as you begin to drag her back down where she belongs. You're aware of the room beginning to flicker and dim at the edges of your vision, becoming fuzzy and indistinct as the pain in your mind begins to consume you.

The pain ends abruptly and leaves you reeling and disoriented. Your double catches you before you can fall over sideways, stabilizing you as you recover you wits. "Easy, it's over." He says before looking around at the walls mistrustingly. "She's here."

---

Turn Recap
Taric is playing with his weapon in public
James knocked himself out
Tarran is cha-chaing in the hall
Dominique is being cried on
Ash is at the ready

Jordan is cleaning up his kit
Harry is patched

James, his double, and his evil twin are all back in his noggin
The truce is in effect

Relevant Items
Memory Stick (Dom)
Broken Pad (Taric)
Ident Badge -Pyotr Ivanov- (Taric)
Ident Badge -Kira Masse- (Tarran)
Unpowered Pad (Tarran)

Spoiler: Ashley Fey (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Companions (Ashley) (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Domninique Wakeman (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Taric Sizier (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Tarran Smith (click to show/hide)

Spoiler:  James Evan (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: November 04, 2011, 03:23:14 pm by Draignean »
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6124 on: November 04, 2011, 02:59:56 pm »

Taric grabbed the hand cannon, before responding to dom and the man hugging her: "...What?"
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6125 on: November 04, 2011, 03:01:55 pm »

Taric grabbed the hand cannon, before responding to dom and the man hugging her: "...What?"

Dude, you don't even know where it is. It's at the other end of a maintenance shaft, in the dark. Not unless you can give me a valid reason why you can suddenly see in the dark will I allow this.
---

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6126 on: November 04, 2011, 03:03:58 pm »

Ah bugger :P

New action: Replace the current power unit in the rifle with a new one, then look over the Piru to see if there's any improvements I could make to it.
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6127 on: November 04, 2011, 03:05:07 pm »

"Well, at the very least, they aren't shooting at us yet."

"James, you okay?" Tarran says as he pokes James' head. "What's wrong James?"

Poke James in random spots on his head unless he wakes up.

Yes, I am doing a filter action for now. Because logically my guy wouldn't leave James for more exciting things.
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6128 on: November 04, 2011, 03:06:32 pm »

Poke James in random spots on his head unless he wakes up.[/b]

I love this version of medical treatment. Poke it until it gets better.  :P
---

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6129 on: November 04, 2011, 03:09:03 pm »

Well it's a mental problem so poking is the only real thing I can do besides hacking his brain with some sort of computer or messing around with Psionics, which did not turn out so well last time.

In addition, my character does not know what's wrong.

Finally, *POKE*.
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #6130 on: November 04, 2011, 03:14:53 pm »

I find it funny that I'm the only one of the original trio referred to by my username rather than my character name. :P

Dom had to almost physically restrain herself from breaking this guy's nose so hard it would rip the cartilage off his face, and counted to five silently. It didn't help. Finally, after another moment she shoved him off and drew the Abassy on him, taking a step back to get even more distance as she flicked on the laser sight. She didn't need it to know where he was at, but she wanted him to see that she was armed. "I have a heavy pistol aimed at you. Tell me every-fuckin'-thing right now. Who are you, what is this place, what the fuck happened with those bio-suits, the lot." She moved the pistol down slightly. "Or I'll blow your goddamn knees out for starters. I'm not fucking around." She might have been a bit kinder towards him had he not taken a shot at her earlier, but between the ants, the meteor wreck, and almost getting killed by an Immortal before this shit even happened... saying she wasn't happy, cook lunch for the crew Dominique was an understatement.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #6131 on: November 04, 2011, 03:17:14 pm »

Dom has a man that has shot at her crying on her.

...What?
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6132 on: November 04, 2011, 03:20:36 pm »

I find it funny that I'm the only one of the original trio referred to by my username rather than my character name. :P
I believe you need to rethink that statement.

Think: What is my character's name?

Then: What is my username?

:P

Dom has a man that has shot at her crying on her.

...What?
Maybe he was hiding from the suit-people so long he was driven crazy and now he realizes Dom isn't one of them.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #6133 on: November 04, 2011, 03:21:44 pm »

You don't count, boss, and you know it. *poke back!*
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6134 on: November 04, 2011, 03:23:16 pm »

Well you did say Trio. Naturally, that counts me otherwise it would be a duo. *Planetary Poke*
Pages: 1 ... 407 408 [409] 410 411 ... 602