Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 396 397 [398] 399 400 ... 602

Author Topic: Deviation-22. The End of All Things.  (Read 529038 times)

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
Re: Deviation-22, Ch. 2 Alas poor Taric, I knew him well.
« Reply #5955 on: October 11, 2011, 02:01:48 am »

Aye, it's why your stomach acid jumps up and you start getting ulcers at the end of term. It isn't the finals that are causing it, it's the black hole in your stomach dying.
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5956 on: October 11, 2011, 02:10:41 am »

Tarran Smith

"I... don't know what you mean about me cutting off diplomacy paths... Whatever, your deal seems mildly solid, so I'll accept. I'm not sure about my teammates and Ashley and her friends' opinions, but your deal sounds okay to me. If you and your friends try to pull a quick one, though, me and my friends will crush you and every single one of your friends into dust, and murder your father. Okay?"

"Oh, and, goodbye I guess. Someone's getting shot, so I won't be able to yap with you for any longer."

Run back into the hallway.

"Where's the action?"

The deadhead nods curtly. "We will be under truce as soon as I can relay the word, you can expect approximately five minutes between relay and reception" He says as he walks back to one of the deadhead tubes, he pauses though, looking back at you. "Thirteen fourty-seven eighty."

By the time you understand enough to ask what he meant he's already in the tube, jacking into the net-socket. That wasn't weird at all.
You've got more pressing concerns however, like determining who's shooting at who. Turning back to the room filled with holographics you jerk your head for James to follow you as he begins to stand up, then you break into a run for the source of the commotion.

Jogging back out into the hall you first notice that the light is missing, its strong amber glow now emanates from the intersection to north. [Observation 4] You can see Ashley's squad pressed up against the west wall, cautiously facing the East/west corridor. You can also see a bright splatter of something suspiciously blood-like on the wall.

[int 3] Convenient timing for an ambush... Five minutes before the truce goes through. A lot of damage can be done in five minutes. As if to underscore that last thought another echoing blast comes down the corridor, striking sparks from the wall as another round gouges the steel.

---

Dominique Wakeman

"Shit, what if it's a survivor?" Dom nodded. "Yeah, let's go see about that. Let me go first, dude, OK?" She checked the ammo in her Abassy; it looked good, so she stepped into the room, keeping the laser sight off at the moment. If it turned out whoever in there was dangerous, she didn't want them knowing she had a gun aimed at them until she fired it. "Who's there?" she asked.

You can't see or sense shit, but Taric isn't given to lying. Crudity, techno-babble, arrogant bullshit, and insubordinate sarcasm sure, but lying wasn't the kid's strong suit. You're confident that you killed everything of threat inside the room so you call out plainly, asking who -if anyone- is in there. Somewhat predictably, considering you cleared the place, no one replies.

Hmm...

(Since it would have delayed everything for a little while I'm just going to let both you and Taric bank that free action for anything non-combat related.)

---

Taric Sizier

"So, we go into the room, or just continue on?"

Dominique seems to want to look into the room, you think that the possibility of 'survivors' after a year of this is pretty low. Can't hurt to check though.

Of course in the pitch black you're abilities are going to be limited to a hot-cold game, you can feel that something is afraid, just not what or exactly where... For all you know there could be a mouse having a tiny heart failure in the corner. [p.empathetics 4+1] Breathing deeply you walk forwards as Dominique calls out into the room, feeling the fear surge as whatever it is hears Dom's voice... [Will auto-success] You were never one to see much point in fear -or bravery for that matter-, a trait that is now both a hindrance and a blessing. You can't quite get a bead on where it's coming from, but the fear radiating off it hardly effects you.

[Intuition 3+1] It's not in this room, You're sure of it now. It's close though... it's...

In the walls?

---

Ashley Fey

"Shit, Fall back" Ashley and the others fall back, trying to get some cover from the friking snipers "SNIPERS IN THE HALL!!" As they are falling back, Ashley lets loose with her rifle on full auto, hoping to at least force the snipers to keep their heads down

You order both Harry and Jordan Back down the Hall while you lean around the corner, pointing the leanashe down the corridor and holding the trigger down. Even if you don't hit anyone it should make them keep their heads down, [Luck 4] but you're fairly confident that after draining a clip you should have hit someone, even if it wasn't fatally. [Immortal Sniper quickshot 2+1-4+2] You duck back behind the wall however as a bullet screams off the metal of the intersection, scattering sparks across the ground as the slug ricochets.

---

James Evans

...Explore the screwed up world outside of my apartment in my mind.

The girl is passed out on the floor, this is probably the longest period of quiet you're going to have in you own head... might as well make the most of it. Trying to ignore the shears on reality you twist open the door that would normally adjoin your apartment to the tower you live on. Instead it opens onto another apartment, very much not yours.

The room is sparse but well decorated, geometric figures in glass scatter light to bring about color on the monochromatic walls of an unrelieved white. The furniture too is spartan, comfortable looking, well-made, and somewhat careworn, but very simple. It's larger than your apartment, and judging from the view it's higher on a tower, fitting with the look of well earned position that the room seemed to emanate. Surprisingly their is also a more familiar object sitting on top of a sleek desk, a picture of Dominique, years younger and not wearing body armor, but definitely her. It seems oddly real against the dustless and functional room.

[Observation 5] You catch something out of the corner of your eye and turn towards it, only to see it recede as quickly as you can bring your gaze to bear. Despite the benign nature of the room you feel something... rotten in the air. Not malevolent or evil, just decayed. The feeling is unpleasantly reminiscent of the mold from your first dream trip through wonderland.

There are two doors leading away from here, one on your left that would be the main entrance to this domicile, and one that would be the emergency security door if this was real. You have doubts on whether they lead anywhere remotely like they should.

Relevant Items
Memory Stick (Dom)
Broken Pad (Taric)
Ident Badge -Pyotr Ivanov- (Taric)
Ident Badge -Kira Masse- (Tarran)
Unpowered Pad (Tarran)

Spoiler: Ashley Fey (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Companions (Ashley) (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Domninique Wakeman (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Taric Sizier (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Tarran Smith (click to show/hide)

Spoiler:  James Evan (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: map (click to show/hide)
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #5957 on: October 11, 2011, 02:19:20 am »

If James has ALL of Dominique's memories that's going to make for some uncomfortable things for him to think about. >.>

"I don't see anything," Dom said with a sigh. She shrugged. "Whatever, man. This place must be getting t... no, forget that." Nothing ever 'got' to Taric, that was kind of his whole deal as far as she could tell. Maybe something was intentionally messing with him then. "So, you want to try another door or look around or what?"
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5958 on: October 11, 2011, 02:22:53 am »

"It's coming from the walls themselves. You think you can get a bead on it? bloody thing is blanketing me out..."
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5959 on: October 11, 2011, 02:23:10 am »

"Ashley, Harry, Jordan, stand down, I worked out a 'Truce' with a deadhead that should take five minutes to get through. Stop shooting, and wait, so we can see if he was lying or not."

Wait for five minutes.

Also, I just realized I forgot to where the room they wanted to be opened was. Derp. I'll have to go back there and ask.
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #5960 on: October 11, 2011, 02:37:25 am »

Dom looked around. "Sorry, left all my power tools in the tunnels under a tower with some mites. I might could knock 'em down with my mind but anybody in 'em will be flattened." She shrugged. "Uh, anywhere, like, specific you feel this shit coming from? Maybe I could just break that part open or somethin'..."
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #5961 on: October 11, 2011, 02:38:00 am »

Reload, "A truce? with whom? If you mean who i think you mean you had better have a REAL GOOD explanation"

by the way, what is my mission here? PM me please Draig
You really can both sig it.
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5962 on: October 11, 2011, 02:43:25 am »

"Apparently the deadhead back there that got killed had a secondary. Apparently, his... 'Father' wants us to... well, open a room in return for letting us go. He did not mention any catches, I doubt he was lying, and I made sure we didn't get screwed over by sending us to a deathroom, so I really don't see any downsides from accepting this deal. We are not giving them stuff, we are not selling our souls, it's not like there's any chance for them to screw us over further than our current situation. Unless you guys can think of something else, which you can ask him about if you want, I don't think he's going anywhere."

"Besides, you'll be doing service to a 'god', doesn't that make you feel special?" (said sarcastically).
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #5963 on: October 11, 2011, 02:56:10 am »

"I have one, you would be helping a tyrant who lobotomises people, would you be able to live with that?"
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5964 on: October 11, 2011, 03:20:33 am »

"Hmm, that's a decent point.

Though think about it, we're exchanging service for item. He gives us what we want, while we give it what it wants. I see no problem in that, since we aren't perfectly helping him, more accurately we're trading with him. He gives us something we value highly, we give him something in return, we both lose and gain. It's like him asking for you to help him wash the dishes in return for paying you 20 dollars. Even if he was the biggest jerkass in the world, it's still just trading.

If you don't like him, and frankly I don't like him either, you know that we can always come back sometime later, maybe as soon as we step out of the building, can we not? I say that this is an opportunity, and we should not do away with it. We're saving a lot of struggles if we go with it. It's like, the devil has your friend's soul, and he offers to give it to you in return for washing a door. You save having to go through the whole thing and get shot just because you don't like him and you don't want to wash the door. Really, I see no problem.

Though, now that I think of it, he might've... taken what we wanted from us earlier. ...I'll have to ask the deadhead about that. Because if he did, then I'll definitely reconsider the deal.

Anyway, if you still don't like the deal, you technically aren't a part of my team, so if you want you can always continue getting shot by I'm-A-Jerk-Sniping-Down-A-Hall there without any problems. I won't have my guys shoot at you, we aren't like that."
« Last Edit: October 11, 2011, 03:22:31 am by Tarran »

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #5965 on: October 11, 2011, 04:07:09 am »

"You have no idea what is behind the door, I assume he said it was something innocuous and even assuming that you were told only the truth, there are many things that seem harmless bat are far from it. An example could be, there is a data storage device he wants, he said nothing about what the device held, it could be the recipe for a delicious chicken tortilla soup, or it could be the plans to build an atom bomb, so it's not washing his dishes or a door, it could easily be "help me gain a massive military advantage, then I will give you the key to the door" That is what I am worried about, and do you really think he would go to so much trouble if whatever is in that was not going to aid his plan's somewhat?"

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5966 on: October 11, 2011, 04:18:25 am »

Don't forget, he could have had his immortals fix the door for him before now. He must want you to go there for some reason.

*goes back into hiding*

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5967 on: October 11, 2011, 04:20:13 am »

"You have a good point there. We should ask him.

But remember, you're assuming two things: 1: He plans to expand further. 2: He has the resources to build said atomic bomb. We do not know if either are true. If one is true but the other is false, then he's still got a decent problem. If both are false, then this trade is harmless. Only if both are true will this trade be dangerous.

Also... apologies for not asking everyone before agreeing. I now realize that it was a bad decision. I should have never done it and I should have asked you guys and my teammates.

But because I like to save face I'll also point out it was your faults for not being around when I was agreeing. So there."

Don't forget, he could have had his immortals fix the door for him before now. He must want you to go there for some reason.

*goes back into hiding*
Not necessarily. The door could need explosives, be blastproof/fireproof and require genuine human life to open, or be blastproof/fireproof and require psionics. Heck, there's likely even more possibilities.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5968 on: October 11, 2011, 04:29:53 am »

Oh really?

http://objection.mrdictionary.net/go.php?n=5289269

(I choose him because I am currently eating noodles in a cup. Seemed suitable to me!  ;))

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5969 on: October 11, 2011, 10:24:54 am »

by the way, what is my mission here? PM me please Draig

This is one of those things you might have wanted clarified earlier if I forgot to tell you (Didn't save your exit PM so i don't know if I said or not.), anyway sure. Sent.

Also, I just realized I forgot to where the room they wanted to be opened was. Derp. I'll have to go back there and ask.

I don't think I told you, They just promised to guide you.

EDIT: Hey Zako
« Last Edit: October 11, 2011, 10:41:06 am by Draignean »
---
Pages: 1 ... 396 397 [398] 399 400 ... 602