Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 394 395 [396] 397 398 ... 602

Author Topic: Deviation-22. The End of All Things.  (Read 529024 times)

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
Re: Deviation-22, Ch. 2 Alas poor Taric, I knew him well.
« Reply #5925 on: October 10, 2011, 04:56:22 pm »

Ah, OK. Also, if you haven't checked yet, I re-started the ASL round. ^^^
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #5926 on: October 10, 2011, 05:21:41 pm »

well serious, i managed to keep interest the longest using an avenger druid, however I was also following the nice juicy carrot of allowing myself to play BG2 if I won, however I had also had a few short games with pretty much every BG2 class in BG2 (you get a better idea of their abilities), so I suggest you play every class through Irenicus's dungeon and then come back to bg1 with the one you preferred
You really can both sig it.
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
« Reply #5927 on: October 10, 2011, 05:32:43 pm »

Writing the turn and I noticed something odd... I believe I need to make the unopened doors brighter because there are 4 doors in the hallway that Dom vacated that have not yet been opened.

Just as an pop quiz for you hotshots: (Jesus, my brain is possessed by bad movies) How many doors do you think are unopened (and unlocked, not counting the two locked ones) that have been rendered on the map thus far?
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5928 on: October 10, 2011, 06:41:50 pm »

Tarran Smith

"See, here, there are multiple problems with your offer.

1: You are not telling me what is behind the door. It could be a horrible monster, a very hazardous material, or a bunch of your friends. What is in that room?

2: I have no way to tell if you're lying about the truce or not. I do not expect you to convince me on this point, but I expect you to at least come up with a reasonable excuse.

3: You are not telling me anything about your leader. I don't care how damn far away an understandable comparison is, I want a damn comparison."

If he doesn't at least try to answer 1 or 3, fire a round from my Chimera pistol into him/it and walk away back into the room where the rest of the deadheads are. If he does at least try, then continue listening.

The deadhead nods as you outline your three most grievous reservations with its deal. "I understand your misgivings, and I will try to accommodate them as I can. It is my purpose." He smiles at you in an oddly benign way. "To your first point, it is not some creature or a toxic material, our inability to open the door is posed by its locking mechanism, not through any particular hazard raised by the door or the contents of the room itself. As to what exactly is in the room..." He shrugs "It is a data storage device, I know no more than that. I'm sorry, but I can't tell you what I myself do not know." He taps his finger against his chin as he considers your second point. "Now, this is an interesting one... You don't believe we'll refrain from shooting you in the back, yet you personally were the one who cut off diplomatic paths from the beginning were you not? We have no more reason to trust you than you have to trust us."

It sighs on your third point however. "You are asking me to approximate something that which philosophers have tried and failed to describe for millennia... I shall try. Imagine the hydrologic cycle of Earth, The Father is everything at once, the clouds, the ocean, the groundwater, the icecaps, everything, infinite and eternal in its complexity." He chuckles slightly. "I suppose by this analogy I must be a raindrop then, one tiny component in the vastness of the sky, briefly separated from the perfect unity so that I may effect the world." He shakes his head as he finishes, looking at you straight in the eyes. "He is a living God."

[Detect lie 4 Vs ?] You don't think he's trying to lie to you, he either actually believes all this -Possible considering that he's a program running in a deadhead's meat suit-, or you are way the fuck out of your league.

---

Dominique Wakeman & Taric Sizier

"Alright, Lead on!" Follow Dom.
"All right. Well, if you're up for it, I just came from a hallway back this way that has a door I haven't tried yet. Wanna go check it out?"

Taric is fortunately saved from almost certain peril by Dominique who, against all sane reason, prevents Ashley from slapping the bejeezus out of him. Taric does however show his gratitude by not making a lude or insane comment and actually showing a legendary modicum of cooperation, allowing Dominique to lead the pair of them back to the corridor from whence she came without making jokes about how they were going back to 'her place'. The pair of them squeeze through the bent door with only a little difficulty, Dominique guiding the good as blind Taric through the dark corridor.

[Primal fear enables roll, Empathetics 4] As they pass in front of the door to the room with the melted deadhead however Taric stops, his brow furrowing suddenly. Dominique turns back and starts to edge him on with her hand, thinking that he merely caught the smell of melting flesh and armor.  "It's nothing, I just had to melt some prick. Come on.

Taric doesn't move however and continues staring into the dark room. "Are you scared Dom?"
She raises an eyebrow at him. "Not really, a little pissed maybe, but scared doesn't enter it."
Taric looks at you, his eyes missing yours by a couple of inches in the darkness. "Someone in there is."

(You may pursue your original course or choose a new action as a free action.)

---

Ashley Fey

Go look at some unexplored rooms

Muttering under your breath about Taric's idiocy you walk away from Taric and his mamabear, he had that and more coming. Hell, you got shot twice because of his dickery. You pick up the light in the Hall and head north, Jordan and Harry falling in with you as you walk back to the doors that the others left unopened, rummaging around in clear rooms might not be exciting, but it should let you cool off.

[Quickshot 4+1+2] [Confirm Critical 2 Vs Ashley Armor 3+1] The sniper hits you in the side as cross the intersection with the east/west corridor, the high velocity round striking your armor like a sledgehammer and staggering you a step to the side. (Armor -19 HP -19) [Reflex 1,6,2+1] Stunned by the impact and the unexpected attack you just stare down the hall in disbelief, nothing however is visible beyond the rough sphere of illumination cast by your light, Harry however curses proficiently and throws both you and Jordan bodily out of the hallway.

[Quickshot 4+1+1, 3+1+1] With a series of thunderous reports another pair of bullets hit Harry while he's still in the intersection after hurling the two of you, [Armor -16 -13 HP -27 -23] drawing a bright flare of blood from his right arm as he staggers back under the cover of the hall. "Snipers," he growls through clenched teeth. "I. Hate. Snipers."

(Harry Is Very badly damaged)

---

James Evans

"I didn't ask for you to  be "hit by the gender-bender rail" either so stop trying to beat me up like an insane person. It'll help noone. The only thing you could possibly do is harm to both of us, and will that help you? No. Do you think I want my mind screwed up? No. You're an idiot!"

"You're an idiot!" She screams back at you cleverly, whipping her head back into your nose. [Shadow Melee 5-2+1 Vs Dodge 2]  [Brawl 4]Connecting the difficult blow and sending you reeling into the wall, clutching your broken dream-nose. She twists around delivers snap kick to your chest while you're reeling [Shadow Melee 4 Vs Dodge 3] [Brawl 1] striking a glancing blow to your shoulder. [James melee 5+1 Vs 3] [Confirm critical 3 Vs 1] You twist with the blow, using its momentum to spin your body into roundhouse kick that strikes her rather brutally in the side of the head, knocking her heavily to the floor.
Huh. You just K.O'd your own sub-conscious mind. Your head hurts thinking about the ramifications of that.

Okay. One, things are way the hell messed up down here. Two, your subconscious has become a girl. Three, The passionate go-getter you has disappeared. Four, your subconscious is a girl. Five, you're a stranger in a strange land right now, and if she's any example of what happened to your head when Dom oriented you.... things aren't looking up.

[Intuition 2] You have no idea where to go from here.

Relevant Items
Memory Stick (Dom)
Broken Pad (Taric)
Ident Badge -Pyotr Ivanov- (Taric)
Ident Badge -Kira Masse- (Tarran)
Unpowered Pad (Tarran)

Spoiler: Ashley Fey (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Companions (Ashley) (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Domninique Wakeman (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Taric Sizier (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Tarran Smith (click to show/hide)

Spoiler:  James Evan (click to show/hide)

I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5929 on: October 10, 2011, 06:44:41 pm »

"So, we go into the room, or just continue on?"
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Ahra

• Bay Watcher
  • Immoveable, Indestuctible
    • View Profile
« Reply #5930 on: October 10, 2011, 06:48:53 pm »

Io in the beginning and end of the day praise lord Draignean the creator, The man who made the most for me remembered thing, kicking your now man-girl sub-concious out cold while in an dream aka in the freaking sub conscious if thee ever beat this, all shall bow before your feet and become your stepping stones.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2011, 06:56:38 pm by Ahra »
And then the horror hits: This was just spring.
We are SOooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo fucked.
Quite fucked indeed.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5931 on: October 10, 2011, 07:01:03 pm »

Oh hey, sniper in a hallway, in the dark. One of THE most dangerous things in the world. Wolf, I'm sure you already have the same opinion, but... don't risk fighting it, you simply won't win.

"I... don't know what you mean about me cutting off diplomacy paths... Whatever, your deal seems mildly solid, so I'll accept. I'm not sure about my teammates and Ashley and her friends' opinions, but your deal sounds okay to me. If you and your friends try to pull a quick one, though, me and my friends will crush you and every single one of your friends into dust, and murder your father. Okay?"

"Oh, and, goodbye I guess. Someone's getting shot, so I won't be able to yap with you for any longer."

Run back into the hallway.

"Where's the action?"
« Last Edit: October 10, 2011, 07:06:00 pm by Tarran »
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5932 on: October 10, 2011, 07:02:45 pm »

Oh hey, sniper in a hallway, in the dark. One of THE most dangerous things in the world. Wolf, I'm sure you already have the same opinion, but... don't risk fighting it, you simply won't win.

"I... don't know what you mean about me cutting off diplomacy paths... Whatever, your deal seems mildly solid, so I'll accept. I'm not sure about my teammates and Ashley and her friends' opinions, but your deal sounds okay to me. If you and your friends try to pull a quick one, though, me and my friends will crush you and every single one of your friends into dust, and murder your father. Okay?"

"Oh, and, goodbye I guess."

Leave the room, go back into the hallway, look around and (hopefully) notice Ashley and co being shot by sniper.

You would have heard the shots, they sure as hell aren't suppressed. Also, snipers, not sniper.

Well this should make things interesting.
---

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5933 on: October 10, 2011, 07:05:03 pm »

You would have heard the shots, they sure as hell aren't suppressed. Also, snipers, not sniper.
Oh. Well, you didn't make either perfectly clear, especially the first.
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5934 on: October 10, 2011, 07:07:16 pm »

Oh. Well, you didn't make either perfectly clear, especially the first.

It wasn't meant to be, hard to tell when you're being shot. I'm just saying so in meta. Multiple snipers could be deduced from the fact that allowed multiple rolls without successive penalties so I feel no guilt in revealing it, but from the standpoint of standing in a hall getting shot at things wouldn't be terribly clear.
---

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #5935 on: October 10, 2011, 07:25:02 pm »

"Shit, Fall back" Ashley and the others fall back, trying to get some cover from the friking snipers "SNIPERS IN THE HALL!!" As they are falling back, Ashley lets loose with her rifle on full auto, hoping to at least force the snipers to keep their heads down
You really can both sig it.
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #5936 on: October 10, 2011, 07:35:53 pm »

Ooh, this sounds harder than what I had cooked up for you lot.

They may only be using regular sniper rifles, but in the dark...

Draignean?

YOU. ARE. EVIL.

;D

(Let's see... Laser sights would negate most of the cover of darkness, but they would only be on for a few seconds at most, and I could move right after firing, but the flash may reveal what direction I'm going in if they're somehow able to pay attention despite the shots...)

What? I can mutter about how I may play my villain some time in the future!
« Last Edit: October 10, 2011, 07:39:37 pm by PyroDesu »
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #5937 on: October 10, 2011, 07:48:04 pm »

...Explore the screwed up world outside of my apartment in my mind.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5938 on: October 10, 2011, 07:59:08 pm »

(Let's see... Laser sights would negate most of the cover of darkness, but they would only be on for a few seconds at most, and I could move right after firing, but the flash may reveal what direction I'm going in if they're somehow able to pay attention despite the shots...)

And get killed because I can predict how you will act and a bullet will be hovering right next to where your head will be.

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #5939 on: October 10, 2011, 08:11:13 pm »

And get killed because I can predict how you will act and a bullet will be hovering right next to where your head will be.

... Hovering?

... Besides, you (hopefully) won't remember this when I come in, because it'll be quite a while (Draignean already has one slotted.)

So it really doesn't matter.

Oh yeah, and I can predict exactly what ya'll will do because I read this!
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.
Pages: 1 ... 394 395 [396] 397 398 ... 602