Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 393 394 [395] 396 397 ... 602

Author Topic: Deviation-22. The End of All Things.  (Read 529089 times)

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
Re: Deviation-22, Ch. 2 Alas poor Taric, I knew him well.
« Reply #5910 on: October 09, 2011, 11:00:25 pm »

It'l probably be whatever made sense, however points wise, i was a newbie, only the equipment was at the level
You really can both sig it.
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5911 on: October 09, 2011, 11:01:36 pm »

I say the latter on the character sheet. It sounds like it'll have so much more potential hilarity.

More seriously, Wolf did get his guys and his guns around the first turn, so I'd imagine the former is correct.
1.) [Rated-R Graphical Scene Removed]  Summary: I got shot while streaking butt naked through a technocrat base.
2.) That is Good

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #5912 on: October 09, 2011, 11:08:18 pm »

Tarran's probably right, although Ashley getting that stuff could be because she's associated with a certain faction already. Guess we'll have to wait and see. ^^^

Spoiler: Off-Topic Chatter (click to show/hide)
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5913 on: October 09, 2011, 11:17:11 pm »

Tarran's probably right, although Ashley getting that stuff could be because she's associated with a certain faction already. Guess we'll have to wait and see. ^^^

Spoiler: Off-Topic Chatter (click to show/hide)
Yep, and  I think I might get certain gear, or relations due to my criminal record (It takes alot of work to make a thousand pieces of tech, and distribute over half of that to a rebel group after all.)

Spoiler: Off-Topic (click to show/hide)

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #5914 on: October 09, 2011, 11:34:26 pm »

SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5915 on: October 09, 2011, 11:42:42 pm »

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5916 on: October 10, 2011, 12:27:17 am »

Personally, I like to branch out into multiple types of games. I don't really mind what types of games I play most of the time, if it isn't silly that is, just as long as the game is good. I personally still like to play RE5, and indeed I think that it is a LOT better than RE4, but I haven't played any of the series before that, not counting RE outbreak: file #2 (it's on PS2).

Lately, I have been playing Baldur's Gate 2. It is really fun, and I love that my parents gave it to me as a present years ago as part of the collectors edition. <3 I also play a lot of Steam games.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #5917 on: October 10, 2011, 03:47:55 am »

Even though I like it I don't play RE5 that much; most of the replay is in getting high scores in the Mercs mode (which I don't have the patience for) or playing against people in Versus (which I don't care to do). I still play the campaign every once in a while for fun though. :3 So what do you think of BG2? I bought it off of GOG.com but what with one thing and another I haven't actually gotten around to playing it yet (I still need to get through BG1 so I can import my character >.>).

Spoiler: For Draignean (click to show/hide)

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5918 on: October 10, 2011, 04:17:57 am »

Dude, I am playing it right now and I am loving it. Basically, when compared to BG1, EVERYTHING is better. Also, don't forget that there is an expansion for it as well, which I have. And you start pre-leveled in BG2, but without your gear from BG1 if you import.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #5919 on: October 10, 2011, 04:28:37 am »

Well, yeah, but that's like starting Mass Effect 2 without a save file from Mass Effect 1: you're just starting in the middle of the story. ^^^ I did hear it was supposed to be the best RPG evar, or at least the best D&D based one... I'll have to give it a shot one of these days. ^^^

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #5920 on: October 10, 2011, 04:43:27 am »

Its brilliant, and Serious if you want to use the BG2 engine (which I feel is better) for the BG1 game, search for BG TUTU which will allow you to play the BG1 story with all the spells, class and mechanics changes etc. from bg2
You really can both sig it.
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5921 on: October 10, 2011, 05:29:59 am »

I would recommend playing it soon. True, some things do get passed on from BG1, but nothing major. And the voice acting in this is really good at times, especially with Irenicus. God, that man makes me shiver from time to time. And you have to keep in mind that it was made YEARS ago!

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5922 on: October 10, 2011, 09:33:21 am »

Well, yeah, but that's like starting Mass Effect 2 without a save file from Mass Effect 1: you're just starting in the middle of the story. ^^^ I did hear it was supposed to be the best RPG evar, or at least the best D&D based one... I'll have to give it a shot one of these days. ^^^
I still haven't beat Mass Effect one have owned 1, and 2 for five months now, and I have only played it a total of 15 hours :( Bad thing is I own nearly 200 games, and have only beat a few games (Assassin' Creed 1 & 2, Disgaea 1 & 2, Halo Wars, Halo 1 & 3, Oblivion, RE5 (With my Brother, and on all Difficulties), Fallout 3, Samurai Warriors 1 & 2, Arcania 4 - Gothic, Dynasty Warriors 4-5 (Normal & Extreme), Maybe 1 or 2 more I have missed.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #5923 on: October 10, 2011, 01:07:57 pm »

If I may be allowed a bit of bragging I platinumed ME1 and 2. :3 I don't get to do that a lot because most games have some multiplayer achievements that I don't care about getting. :\ Gears of War is pretty bad about this with I think 1,000,000 multiplayer kills to get one in the first game, and nah, I'm not doing that, especially this late in a game's life. Anyway, if it's a lack of interest on your part that's one thing, but if it's a matter of difficulty I suggest using either the Soldier or Infiltrator class in ME1; they get access to an ability called Immunity that is ridiculously broken. Basically once you max that out (and the relevant class evolution, which is Shock Trooper for both iirc) that ability makes you all but invincible for 60 seconds, and the cooldown on it is like 55 seconds... so basically every time it runs out you can just activate it again. You do have to put time in to ME1 if you want to see everything, though; I can run straight through the campaign doing as little sidequesting as possible in about five hours on a repeat playthrough, but it takes about 30 or 40 to do everything whether or not you're using a character you previously beat the game with.

@wolfchild & Zako: I have the BG TUTU, but I dunno. It's the same problem I have with NWN and Morrowind and Oblivion. I'll make a character, get like twenty minutes in, want to try a different style, get twenty minutes in, want to try a different style, start back at one. What class do you guys recommend?

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
« Reply #5924 on: October 10, 2011, 04:40:09 pm »

Even though I like it I don't play RE5 that much; most of the replay is in getting high scores in the Mercs mode (which I don't have the patience for) or playing against people in Versus (which I don't care to do). I still play the campaign every once in a while for fun though. :3 So what do you think of BG2? I bought it off of GOG.com but what with one thing and another I haven't actually gotten around to playing it yet (I still need to get through BG1 so I can import my character >.>).

Spoiler: For Draignean (click to show/hide)

Much obliged, but unnecessary... You only made four standard pages worth of posts to saw through. :P

Anyway, serious was right I was off volunteering at the OK state fair, pulled an evil shift (No susie, you can't feed sand to your little brother.) and ended up too tired to move when I got home, let alone write.

However, I'm jazzed now so... I'm bored! Let's go damnit! (There's an undefinable bonus for determining where that last part is from.)

PS. However I can't make a map from a public terminal, so I guess I'll have to run a turn when I get home as well, if that's alright with you guys... ;D

I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."
Pages: 1 ... 393 394 [395] 396 397 ... 602