Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 346 347 [348] 349 350 ... 602

Author Topic: Deviation-22. The End of All Things.  (Read 529895 times)

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
Re: Deviation-22 (Sci-Fi RTD) Ch. 2 Speaking russian like a boss.
« Reply #5205 on: August 10, 2011, 03:58:59 am »

Well, I'll let you guys guess with random quotes from a Wikipedia page:

X has been referred to as one of the most environmentally friendly or "green" cities in the world
X is known for its large number of microbreweries and microdistilleries, as well as its coffee enthusiasm.
X is home to a diverse array of artists and arts organizations, and was named in 2006 by American Style magazine as the tenth best Big City Arts Destination in the U.S.
X has a growing restaurant scene, and among three nominees, was recognized by the Food Network Awards as their "Delicious Destination of the Year: A rising city with a fast-growing food scene" for 2007.
The X metropolitan area has transportation services common to major U.S. cities, though X's emphasis on proactive land-use planning and transit-oriented development within the urban growth boundary means that commuters have multiple well-developed options. Even further, X has been recognized as the tenth most walkable city in the nation.

Whether or not you can figure it out, I have no idea. But because I'm an ass, I'll make you guys guess. :P
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #5206 on: August 10, 2011, 04:08:54 am »

:P Google says you gave away your city and state. So to be fair I'll respond with Belton. I'm not gonna tell you what road I live on though because you'd think I'm lying. :-\
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
« Reply #5207 on: August 10, 2011, 04:10:07 am »

Holy shit Dominique, keep that goddamn pistol away from me.

Congratulations on pushing your damage into the quad digit range* though.

*Yes, the system is working as it should. I'm actually fairly pleased with the current results.

:P Google says you gave away your city and state. So to be fair I'll respond with Belton. I'm not gonna tell you what road I live on though because you'd think I'm lying. :-\

1313 Mockingbird lane or 1 north cemetery drive?
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #5208 on: August 10, 2011, 04:11:30 am »

FUCK YEAH I'M AYLA.

Also: Jim Bob Lane. No, really.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5209 on: August 10, 2011, 04:13:55 am »

Dammit. You and your goddamn fancy Google.

But I'm still not telling you what PART of Portland I live in so HAH!

Holy shit Dominique, keep that goddamn pistol away from me.

Congratulations on pushing your damage into the quad digit range* though.

*Yes, the system is working as it should. I'm actually fairly pleased with the current results.
WHAT.

You mean in the THOUSANDS?!

Good LORD. And I thought the weapons I was designing in my RTD were overpowered. :o
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #5210 on: August 10, 2011, 04:19:05 am »

Well, to be fair, this is a high-caliber pistol at point blank range to the back of the head in a surprise attack. :3

Edit: Also the possibility of a Passive Kinetics boost to that. :3

And I've got nothing better to do edit: So I live the furthest to the east and Tarran furthest to the west, with Draignean right in the middle. Draignean and I are on Central time, which means we're both up too late. Tarran's on Pacific, which means it's only like an hour earlier for him. Taric's in Australia with wolfchild doing God knows what to the poor kangaroos while wolfchild is just like 'dude, not cool.' :3
« Last Edit: August 10, 2011, 04:25:28 am by SeriousConcentrate »

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
« Reply #5211 on: August 10, 2011, 04:37:17 am »

Well Tarran you had ample opportunity for awesome, but you failed BOTH of your critical confirm checks. Then you proceeded to learn why people wear bulletproof vests.

You did a grand total of 3 damage to the thing's actual health.

James on the other hand actually hurt the damn thing. A quote from the turn.

Causing the thing to stagger backwards as its internal balance fails to cope with unexpected situation: Fist.
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5212 on: August 10, 2011, 04:40:36 am »

Well Tarran you had ample opportunity for awesome, but you failed BOTH of your critical confirm checks. Then you proceeded to learn why people wear bulletproof vests.

You did a grand total of 3 damage to the thing's actual health.
:( I r sad.

Oh well. 3 damage is still an achievement. You'll never know when that 3 points will save your life you know!

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #5213 on: August 10, 2011, 04:42:18 am »

I think the problem is you went for two guns instead of one. :P

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5214 on: August 10, 2011, 04:44:00 am »

Shut up. Dual wielding will save the day EVENTUALLY. >_>

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #5215 on: August 10, 2011, 04:47:20 am »

Suggested perk for Tarran: whenever he dualwields, he rolls 1d20 instead of 1d6. If it comes up 20 he deals massive amounts of damage to his target(s) but anything below 20 is a miss, and 1 is a critical misfire that could destroy one or both of his guns. :3

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5216 on: August 10, 2011, 04:49:57 am »

No thanks, 1/20 is far too little. I'll NEVER get to use it!

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #5217 on: August 10, 2011, 04:52:48 am »

What if by massive I meant 'equivalent to or greater than the damage Dom did this round'?

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5218 on: August 10, 2011, 04:57:04 am »

Nah. I like taking risks, but I've got a really good sense of what will almost never work. 20% chance=EXTREMELY RARE CHANCE in my opinion. 5% chance (1/20) is utterly trash, to be frank.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5219 on: August 10, 2011, 04:59:44 am »

It's about as reliable as a stockbroker :P

And I don't abuse the 'roos.
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll
Pages: 1 ... 346 347 [348] 349 350 ... 602