Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 297 298 [299] 300 301 ... 602

Author Topic: Deviation-22. The End of All Things.  (Read 529746 times)

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
Re: Deviation-22 (Sci-Fi RTD) Ch. 2 You fail at failing.
« Reply #4470 on: July 09, 2011, 05:09:34 pm »

No, it's Dom getting a perk! (3 sixes and a five on a single action, O.O )

EDIT: Well Technically, 1 five, 2 sixes, and a seven.
Jesus, that's impressive.
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4471 on: July 09, 2011, 05:13:14 pm »

I see your Kangaroo mafia and raise you redneck hillbillies with pitchforks, shotguns, and abnormally hot daughters despite the whole inbred thing.
I raise you an AICW :3

And what is this perk thou speaketh of?
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
« Reply #4472 on: July 09, 2011, 05:16:38 pm »

As always it's a choice between two, I'm still writing the second.
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #4473 on: July 09, 2011, 05:19:51 pm »

An AICW isn't specific to Australia, Taric. :P You only get to use your home stereotypes. Anyway, I'm excited about this perk. :3
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4474 on: July 09, 2011, 05:20:52 pm »

No, but we outdid your intergrated GL/Rifle combination, so that's that ;D

EDIT: rereading your action, It either has something to do with medical treatment or dealing with an arsehole like Taric :P
« Last Edit: July 09, 2011, 05:22:38 pm by Taricus »

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4475 on: July 09, 2011, 05:25:59 pm »

An AICW isn't specific to Australia, Taric. :P You only get to use your home stereotypes. Anyway, I'm excited about this perk. :3

The names of the perks are Bad Medicine and Valkyrie, giving you those just as the appetizer while I finish and do maps and all that good stuff.
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #4476 on: July 09, 2011, 05:30:27 pm »

What, not Amazon? I need someone to yell at Dom that she's an amazon as they toss her a rocket launcher. :P Just playing, I'll wait until the turn's up to think about it.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4477 on: July 09, 2011, 05:31:49 pm »

I think even Taric has enough common sense to not say that while there's heavy weapons around (Such as the rocket launcher) :P

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #4478 on: July 09, 2011, 05:36:55 pm »

"Jill! Use this! Destroy the monster! You're an amazon Jill!"

You'd better recognize that as what Brad Vickers says to Jill Valentine at the end of the psx version of Resident Evil 1 when he tosses her the rocket launcher, or I really am going to have to do something drastic here. :P

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4479 on: July 09, 2011, 05:39:04 pm »

Nope, no bells rung. I was too busy playing RA on the PSX. Not to mention too young.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #4480 on: July 09, 2011, 05:48:48 pm »

Yeah, you damn youngsters, too young to appreciate the leap from NES to SNES to PSX. :-\

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4481 on: July 09, 2011, 05:54:41 pm »

I played the SNES too. Fun times with mario. I even faked headaches to get out of school to play it  :D

Geen

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm gonna live forever, or die trying.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4482 on: July 09, 2011, 06:03:22 pm »

HEATHENS! THE SNES WAS A LOT BETTER THAN PSX!

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4483 on: July 09, 2011, 06:06:06 pm »

When suddenly, an unknown ninja!

You're may have broken your ninja record guys, hard to say exactly how many but you're way up over 25.
---

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4484 on: July 09, 2011, 06:08:17 pm »

Tarran Smith

"AHHH SON OF A-! RRRRGGGHHHH!" The world could hear as Tarran embarrassingly gets himself shocked.

Try to open the door.

Swearing at the electricity you attempt to open the door, the trouble is that the panel usually used to open the door is the one that just shocked you. Frustrated you try to find the seam where the two halves of the door meet and pull them apart. [P.Kinetics 3+1, Str 3+1 Vs Difficulty 15] It is however a hopeless struggle against the powered door, despite a strong effort the door refuse to budge or give in the least.

The idea of being locked in this place is somewhat alarming. 

---

James Evan

"I'll help you out Tarran." James helped the door situation by running up and attempting to kick it down.

Hearing Tarran's curses at the stubborn door you run to his aid in the dark [Dex 2], covering yourself in yet more muck as you slip and slide your way over. When you reach Tarran you charge the door at full speed, ignoring his sudden gestures to stop immediately, and you throw yourself into your best flying kick. [End 4] Your foot hits the extremely solid steel door and sends a jolt up your leg like lightning, you hit the stairs beside Tarran and wonder why the hell they call it the funny bone. After a minute you recover enough to do a damage check, it seems you managed to avoid permanent damage to your leg and you haven't garnered any additional injuries from your collision with the ground. Pulling yourself up you're just able to see Tarran facepalming heavily at your efforts.

---

Taric Sizier & Dominique Wakeman

Get up, ask for medical treatment (Again) and make sure Grey doesn't use those painkillers again...
"Just a minute, boss. Gotta deal with Taric now," she called over to Tarran, who was yelling about something. She wasn't sure what. Regardless, she found her way to Taric with the medkit in hand. "OK, hold still, unless you want me to accidentally jam this needle in right to the bone," she said, getting ready to suture the poor bastard. "So you're awake now, huh?" she said, just to be saying something. "Why were you out in the first place? Firefight seem like a good place for a nap or somethin'?"
"Blame gr-" Taric was interuppted by Tarran's scream of pain. "HAHAHAHA. Anyways, blame jordan for it, he drugged me"

After have his sensitives squished Taric demands treatment, Jordan is of course more interested in taking care of his boss so it falls to Dominique to treat her somnolent companion. Warning him not to move she begins working on the worst of his injuries, asking him why the hell he though it would be a fine time to catch up on some lost sleep. His reply is interrupted by Tarran swearing at something involving 'door', this causes Taric to erupt in a fit of giggles which violates Dominique's stay still rule, predictable this leads to a few extra-vigorous stitches. [Int 5, Dex 6+1, Fight 6, Luck 6 Treatment 24/20, did not use up a kit charge] Despite Taric's laughing and twitching Dominique works surprisingly fast, a natural aptitude for medical work showing beneath her calloused hands. If she'd had an education she'd have made one hell of a doctor.  (Taric HP +10)

Bad Medicine: "They taught me how to cut, man did they teach me how to cut... But you know they never taught me how to put stitches in, don't you think that's strange?  Well it doesn't matter anyway, I think I'd like you better without eyelids."
Effect: Whenever you deal damage if the enemy rolls an armor roll of 2 or below (3 or below soak if they don't have armor of some kind) they gain a negative status effect based on the type of weapon you use and the power of the attack. The penalty is that the sum of your heal rolls is reduced by 5.

Valkyrie: "Now awful it is to be without,/as blood-red rack races overhead;/is the welkin gory with warriors' blood/as we valkyries war-songs chanted.
Effect: When performing healing rolls you gain a bonus equal to one tenth of their missing health to the sum of your healing your healing roll, in addition patients immediately lose the Mortally wounded effect while you are actively treating them (They will of course still die if they take damage, they just won't die at the end of a turn), however you also gain a -3 penalty when attacking enemy healers or patients.

---

Ashley Fey

Hold on there Jordan, while you are at it can you check my implants, one of them has some issues

[Regenerate 3-1]You call Jordan over to have a look at the Javelin, he grimaces and and activates his MD. AndE systems and takes a look figuratively speaking. "Fused capacitor circuits, could run a bypass bit it's going to require a bit of surgery." He grimaces slightly at the prospect of the messy operation, cutting out bits of foreign metal was one thing, cutting new holes in a perfectly normal person was something else. "You up for it?

Surgery will start as a free action if you want to go through with it.

(Surgery requires one series of medical rolls to perform surgery, one set of mechanical rolls to fix the damage, and another series of medical to close it up again. All in all 20 points of medical (Int, Dex, Fight, Luck) and 10 points of mechanical (Int, Dex, Mech, Luck) are required. The last set of medical rolls required to close the cut can be circumvented using ORS)

---

Facility

The atmospherics continue to pump out the cool breeze, it doesn't bring much in the way of fresh air but it's still better than the rotting miasma that permeated the air before.

Status Warnings
Tarran is at <50% Health
Taric is at <50% Health

Temperature
55 F

Turn Notes,

Tarran is learning that powered doors are hell to open
Taric is being doctored at the speed of sound
Dominique is evolving!
Powder is failing to dropkick a door.
Ashley is about to be cut on.
Jordan is getting ready to perform surgery
Harry is picking his nose.

Relevant Items
Memory Stick (Dom)
Broken Pad (Taric)
Ident Badge (Taric)

Spoiler: Enemies (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Ashley Fey (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Companions (Ashley) (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Domninique Wakeman (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Taric Sizier (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Tarran Smith (click to show/hide)

Spoiler:  James Evan (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Map (click to show/hide)
---
Pages: 1 ... 297 298 [299] 300 301 ... 602